Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rejoice: There Will Be More Mass Effect After Trilogy Ends

Twinkle

Liturgist
sheek said:
What does the title "Mass Effect" come from anyway? Does it refer to something in the world lore, or plot device in the 1st game?

Pseudoscientific mumbo-jumbo crap for retards who take space soap opera "setting" seriously.

random_encounter

Educated
TripJack said:
That might be the stupidest made-up science-fiction concept I have ever read in my life. Is all that information actually pulled from the game? Or maybe some companion book (I'm sure they made at least one)? Either way. Jesus Christ. I'm certain a 5-year old with a halfway-decent imagination could come up with something better.
Game actually comes with an in-game encyclopedia to explain a lot of the concepts in greater detail, all organized into separate sections and sub-headings. I can't say if that's verbatim, but it's roughly the same thing with fan-embellishment pieced together from other bits and pieces.

Re: Rejoice: There Will Be More Mass Effect After Trilogy En

VentilatorOfDoom said:
As for the soon to be released Mass Effect 2, "it's definitely bigger than [the first Mass Effect], probably about one and a half times [the length], maybe a little more" Zeschuk said. In addition to being Emotionally Engaging, "There's a lot more you can do, a lot more you should do."
Emotionally Engaging - are you ready to make decisions? Are you ready to make choices? Are you ready to face the consequences?

wait

Emotionally Engaging. Why? What the fuck? Do you really need to drive the buzzword point home by using capitals?

wait x2

Emotion and Engagement...E&E...it's even better than C&C!

Dny

Educated
TripJack said:
random_encounter said:
Mass effect fields are created through the use of element zero. Element zero can increase or decrease the mass content of space-time when subjected to an electrical current via dark energy. With a positive current, mass is increased. With a negative current, mass is decreased. The stronger the current, the greater the magnitude of the dark energy mass effect.

That might be the stupidest made-up science-fiction concept I have ever read in my life. Is all that information actually pulled from the game? Or maybe some companion book (I'm sure they made at least one)? Either way. Jesus Christ. I'm certain a 5-year old with a halfway-decent imagination could come up with something better.

Element zero? Praise Allah that is straight retarded. And what exactly is a negative current...

I can't believe people think this shit is good.

Most people cannot get Sci-Fi right unfortunately. Mass Effect is not Sci-Fi, it's fantasy, the biotics are Wizards and the engineers are Rogues. The fact that this so called "mass effect" can be manipulated by "biotics" through their will goes to show how much thought they put into the Sci in Sci-Fi.

Mass Effect is like Star Wars without the license and light sabers. Both are space fantasy.

TripJack

Hedonist
^^
Even for 'fantasy' that is terrible. It would've been a lot better (i.e. on par with completely generic made-up shit just like the rest of their mediocre storyline) if they simply hadn't gone into all that absurd detail.

Volourn said:
Stop the lies, start the truth.

'Nough with the bullshitz, k?

You displease me.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
DAAAMn ME2 isn't even out but not only do they plan ME3 they are already talking about future games? I bet there is already a team developing this shit. A team they could use for making ME2, you know, good and playable.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Isn't it possible to kill off Shepard in 2? Lol so if someone dies in 2 are they buying a resurrection for 3 or what?

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
so is 200K people refusing to buy the game because their character died in the prequel. Ok ok 200k is a little high but it does pose the question especially with a game published by EA.

Kaanyrvhok said:
so is 200K people refusing to buy the game because their character died in the prequel.

they will just check online where the character may die and avoid it

or just plain ol' savescum

refusing to buy the next game would require willpower

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom