Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News REDkit: Witcher 2 Gets Modding Tools

Kjujik

Educated
Yay!

Finally we’ll get the long-awaited modesty mod to protect our innocent eyes from these filth-mongers. Can’t wait to put burkas on all female NPC’s. Male gaze must be stopped at all costs and as always Islam has all the answers.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Yay!

Finally we’ll get the long-awaited modesty mod to protect our innocent eyes from these filth-mongers. Can’t wait to put burkas on all female NPC’s. Male gaze must be stopped at all costs and as always Islam has all the answers.
That would be some qulity trolling and much butthurt, of that I'm sure.

kaizoku

Arcane
Would there be any possibility at all of fixing combat mechanics?

it had to be asked

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I'm already brainstorming for the future, though obviously this will depend heavily on how promptly I can finish my Witcher 1 Modesty Mod, and how good this toolset will be.

Right now, I'm thinking of changing Triss scenes to a more virtuous kind of romantic scene, perhaps cooking together or having a nice wholesome cuddle. Same goes for the other woman whose name I forget. Don't worry folks, it will still be mature and somewhat scandalous: Geralt might even put his arm all the way around Triss' shoulders when they cuddle! That's right, Geralt is a well known bad boy, so no hoverhand for him! I might have a hard time animating something so immodest, but I know you guys like to push the envelope.

The prostitutes were a hairier situation, and for a while I was stumped as to how I could make them modest and virtuous. However, then I thought 'Golly gee, LundB, you silly goose, it's so simple!... I can turn them into folk dance instructors!' All I would need to do is edit some dialogue and add in a short animation of the nice lady and Geralt dancing a jolly jig, to replace the immoral and genuinely disturbing carnal activity taking place in the original. The best thing about this is folk dance instructors fit right in with the Witcher's rustic aesthetic, as if they were meant to be there all along (I theorise that at least one developer did intend them to be folk dance instructors, but was voted down by his depraved and lustful potato coworkers). The only downside is that the voiceovers would no longer line up, but I reckon I can record new ones in a humorous falsetto. Anyway what does the loss of a little bit of sound immersion matter when you're getting oodles of wholesome, lighthearted, and most importantly modest fun?

Kjujik

Educated
I'm already brainstorming for the future, though obviously this will depend heavily on how promptly I can finish my Witcher 1 Modesty Mod, and how good this toolset will be.

Right now, I'm thinking of changing Triss scenes to a more virtuous kind of romantic scene, perhaps cooking together or having a nice wholesome cuddle. Same goes for the other woman whose name I forget. Don't worry folks, it will still be mature and somewhat scandalous: Geralt might even put his arm all the way around Triss' shoulders when they cuddle! That's right, Geralt is a well known bad boy, so no hoverhand for him! I might have a hard time animating something so immodest, but I know you guys like to push the envelope.

The prostitutes were a hairier situation, and for a while I was stumped as to how I could make them modest and virtuous. However, then I thought 'Golly gee, LundB, you silly goose, it's so simple!... I can turn them into folk dance instructors!' All I would need to do is edit some dialogue and add in a short animation of the nice lady and Geralt dancing a jolly jig, to replace the immoral and genuinely disturbing carnal activity taking place in the original. The best thing about this is folk dance instructors fit right in with the Witcher's rustic aesthetic, as if they were meant to be there all along (I theorise that at least one developer did intend them to be folk dance instructors, but was voted down by his depraved and lustful potato coworkers). The only downside is that the voiceovers would no longer line up, but I reckon I can record new ones in a humorous falsetto. Anyway what does the loss of a little bit of sound immersion matter when you're getting oodles of wholesome, lighthearted, and most importantly modest fun?

:hero:

Keep up the good work Sir! The TW1 mod was truly epic. Hopefully a full version will soon see the light of day.

As for TW2 - there is only one way to make prostitutes modest: turn them into dentists. It worked so well in Arcanum. Of course no brushing anyone's teeth, as it would only lead to unspeakable horrors.

Also don’t forget the brothel in Flotsam. Hopefully the toolset will include the original prayer mats removed by those ruthless heathens in one of the patches. Changing the brothel into a house of worship is truly a modest thing to do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom