Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*redacted*

Cassidy

Arcane
*redacted*

Last edited:

Stygian Lurker

Liturgist
1) C
2) D
3) A
4) C
5) B
6) B
7) B
8) A) Military -> C) Intelligence -> E) Education -> F) Religion -> D) Exploration -> G) New Settlements -> B) Public Safety
9) F
10) A

dab

Augur
Project: Eternity
1C - some money will be needed (see below)
2D - meritocracy
3C - no multikulti
4B - let's not overplay our hand
5B - so far we were fine without necro-magics
6B - because all other options may backfire even more
7B - because 9A
8A - Military D) Exploration C) Intelligence G) New Settlements B) Public Safety E) Education F) Religion
9A - Explore & Expand
10A - yes, but mainly to achieve 9A

Elfberserker

Liturgist
1) C

I think this is best way to secure infrastructure of our real. Reliable funding for military and some basic governance withour angering too many people is best way to keep this infant realm alive for now

2) D

I think this is best course for long run. Some elected people might end up opposing our politics, but in theory this system ensures that the most capable people run offices as long as republic is alive

3) C

We will be fine as long as norse population is majority and we need more workforce in our city. We might get more spies than other options, but I think that increase in population is well worth it

4) C

We lose lot of offical power, but this does allow us freedom in case of emergency without worrying about state burning or failing without us watching it. Controlling where the state goes at will will be a bit problematic thought.

5) B
I don't think it's good idea to practice our power when Vinland is in such fragile state that it needs our watchful eye. I would like to keep our seat of office

6) B
Personally I would like to use criminals as slave labor during their sentence, since running prisons requires fundings without putting criminals in any productivity actions is quiet budget eating beast.

7) B

Balance is consider in most cases best way to go.

8)
1.A.Military
2.D. Exploration
3.B.Public safety
4.C. Intelligence
5.G. New settlements
6.E. Education
7.F. Religion

9) B

10) A

Cassidy

Arcane
And here the results. About the question 8 of priorities, I have decided to give points. The first option each one picks is worth 7 points, the next 6 until the last being worth 1. The sum of points will define the priorities(those with tie-ins, if any, being equally important):

1C - Charge some light taxes to fund a more comprehensive government (4)

2D - Meritocracy (6)

3C - Vinland is not yet a magnet for Somali diversity enrichers, therefore no need for immigration restrictions (4)

4C - A State where power among its members is distributed equally and that does not depend on a single individual to function (4)

5B - Necromancy is not cool for public relations (4)

6B - Let those who commit crimes rot in jail for a long time (3)

7B - Vinland should have a Navy and it should be treated as equal in importance to the Army

A - Military (38 points)
C - Intelligence (29 points)
D - Exploration (26 points)
E - Education (22 points)
G - New Settlements (21 points)
B - Public Safety (18 points)
F - Religion (11 points)

9B - To eradicate the threat of the Dagonl'nu and their leader Narackamous for once and all before they corrupt another Mýrr. (2)

10A - Yes, don't settle down and be ready to travel for new adventures if needed. (4)

And the update... I'll post another day because I'm not particularly inspired right now.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
1B)
I want to eradicate this Narackmaous as soon as possible, but I don't think it's good idea for getting our best warriors to face him with possible sweden and moorish army invading Vinland. Best to use our money to end this threat if we can, while cultist are stil weakened by our assault.

2B)
We are still infant country and Sweden army is experienced bunch with their recent war. Of course Moors are still our biggest concern right now.

3A)
Jihad Army is no joke to any country, especially for new country as Vinland.

4B)
We keep our secret, vampires are bitch to fight against.

5E)
We have experts in the subject, besides I have no idea which would be best location.

6A)
I think Cavalry is still the king of battlefield. I would love some good bowmen, but I don't fancy fighting against England in our current state

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
1B
2B
3C
4B
5C There should be some friendly natives in the Great Lakes region from Angatyrs previous roaming.
6E

Last edited:

Cassidy

Arcane
I was going to post an update today but...

1 - B, investigate the location where Narackamous might be with a group of hired mercenaries; 2 - B, plan an invasion of Markland after the rumors of the Jihad are either proven untrue or handled; 3 - A, Prepare the army and navy to REMOVE KEBAB FROM THE PREMISES; 4 - B, keep the secret as it should be and 5 - E, let the experts decide on their own about on which direction future colonization should be focused at have won.

There is a tie between:

6 - A, organize a proper army centered on cavalry, taking advantage of the excellent breed imported from Miklagard decades ago, with footsoldiers exerting a support role.

or

6 - E, organize a proper army centered on siege engines and exotic arms brought, studied and replicated from far away lands with Freyjanna's help, taking full advantage of the reinvented polybolos at first. Perhaps a long travel to the Far East of the World would be needed, for there are rumors of a great inventions such as a siege engine that fires hundreds of flaming arrows at once and repetition crossbows almost as rapid as the polybolos, tubes that fire arrows and other projectiles filled with an explosive material far cheaper than Greek fire that any peasant can easily learn to use.

I need a vote to break this tie

Faith, steel and gunpowder vs. Faith, steel and horses, which is better and why? DISCUSS!!!

dab

Augur
Project: Eternity
I heard that gunpowder is good vs mages and since Narackamus seems like magical being and camels' scent scares horses I'd go for
Faith, steel and gunpowder

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Fighting them seems dangerous given our numbers and the length of the journey we have yet to undertake.
That leaves diplomacy or retreat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom