Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The new Spider-Man is quite fun, finished it today and the ending even managed to bring almost a tear to my eye. Then there's the new tomb raider, I enjoyed the previous two games, and this one doubles down on the puzzles, which is a big plus.
I'm going to get this Day One no doubt. That's a month away.

But between this release next month and Soul's Inspired Shadows Die Twice (I think I read late March),

Anything good I can be hopeful for between Oct. and late March?

I was thinking of picking up Monster Hunter World...but after reading the thread here, it sounds too difficult about what I believe is entertainment. G's LGs HGs, HFGs, FGs LFGS LBGTQHGS...WTF? I had no idea after page 2 or 3 wtf the idiots there were talking about.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The new Spider-Man is quite fun, finished it today and the ending even managed to bring almost a tear to my eye. Then there's the new tomb raider, I enjoyed the previous two games, and this one doubles down on the puzzles, which is a big plus.

Yeah, I think I saw the new Tomb Raider when I was at the store today., I liked those also. I'll have to look at some vids of the Spiderman one though, I didn't like the last one I played to much (The one with the green goblin or whatever?).

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Then there's the new tomb raider,

Hey man, thanks again for that. I watched like the first 20 minutes of a let's play just now (I didn't even know the game existed)...I think I'll pick that up next week (Mon Tues) while I wait for RDR2.

Zep--

I'm going to get this Day One no doubt. That's a month away.

But between this release next month and Soul's Inspired Shadows Die Twice (I think I read late March),

Anything good I can be hopeful for between Oct. and late March?

I was thinking of picking up Monster Hunter World...but after reading the thread here, it sounds too difficult about what I believe is entertainment. G's LGs HGs, HFGs, FGs LFGS LBGTQHGS...WTF? I had no idea after page 2 or 3 wtf the idiots there were talking about.

Zep--

Between this and Shadows Die Twice that Resident Evil 2 remake comes out in January, and Devil May Cry 5 at the start of March. That new Metro game is coming out between those two other games too.

A few days ago Valkyria Chronicles 4 came out. Little I've seen of the new Assassin's Creed game seems interesting, that comes out sometime in early October, as does that Yakuza Fist of the North Star game.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Never was a fan of DMC or VC. AC may be interesting, but I'd have to watch a video (I thought all the AC mechanics to be very boring, in the long run)

Zep--

Ezekiel

Arcane
Wasn't impressed by the gameplay video. Is it all gonna be stop and shoot gunplay? You can run and gun even in the original.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Wasn't impressed by the gameplay video. Is it all gonna be stop and shoot gunplay? You can run and gun even in the original.

The combat in the new trailer looks largely the same as what you posted

You have a terrible eye for detail. There is no movement in that trailer. Any time he draws a gun, he stops or slows to a slow walk. It doesn't look fun.

sullynathan

Arcane

You have a terrible eye for detail. There is no movement in that trailer. Any time he draws a gun, he stops or slows to a slow walk. It doesn't look fun.

The shit you posted doesn't look anymore fun than the new trailer.

The shit you posted isn't run & gun either, Marston moves slower while aiming in RDR.

Ezekiel

Arcane

The shit you posted isn't run & gun either, Marston moves slower while aiming in RDR.

RDR wasn't a great shooter by any means. Regardless, there was more movement going on during gunplay than in this trailer. Don't see what there's to be excited about in those few minutes.

sullynathan

Arcane

RDR wasn't a great shooter by any means. Regardless, there was more movement going on during gunplay than in this trailer. Don't see what there's to be excited about in those few minutes.

If RDR wasn't a great shooter, why are you bringing up a video of it in opposition to its sequel which has nearly the exact same shooting? This is an odd thing to even bring up

Ezekiel

Arcane

If RDR wasn't a great shooter, why are you bringing up a video of it in opposition to its sequel which has nearly the exact same shooting? This is an odd thing to even bring up

Because even RDR had running and gunning, dumbass.

Like talking into a vacuum.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I lost hope for Rockstar after GTA V. It's gonna be more online focused nonsense. GTA IV was the last good game they made. They obviously don't care about single player anymore.

Abhay

Augur
Still not excited about the game. I am clearly getting flashbacks to several "similarities" with past games of Rockstar. Like Arthur giving money to the beggar? (Or homeless guy in IV), the heist, and specific mission encounters in the background. I don't understand why Rockstar likes to repeat same things over and over again. For once, I want to see a R* game that has absolutely NO SIMILARITIES to their prev. attempts in making an open world games full of things to do that are actually getting passed over in each installment whether set in a western setting or urban environment.

The gunplay shown in the latest trailer is also quite limited compared to the same old claims of having more choices and stuff to do in the game that actually ends up predictable and scripted. It lacks that moment to moment gameplay that I have experienced in other open world games like FC2, GTA VC, SA and even GTA 2.

Still I am hoping that the game turns out a good experience.
Oh, I liked the addition of First Person. Even the gunplay seems solid. Hopefully, the physics will also turn out to be great.

Ezekiel

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom