Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rebound: The Binding of Isaac Rebirth remake

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I was mistaken there, it's actually on alt-tab that it's throwing up the pause menu, and simultaneously taking a screenshot. I got around it by just not playing in fullscreen but it still seems bizarre.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
g15vK.gif

Murk

Arcane
Hush and Ultra Greed seem to have some kind of damage cap effect going on, where-in no matter how strong or how weak you are you end up needing roughly the same # of hits. In hush's case, I've noticed that if you keep shooting you do less damage and have to lay off, after which you do higher damage.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hush and Ultra Greed seem to have some kind of damage cap effect going on, where-in no matter how strong or how weak you are you end up needing roughly the same # of hits. In hush's case, I've noticed that if you keep shooting you do less damage and have to lay off, after which you do higher damage.

Yeah, they have damage resistance. The new challenges and items are great and all. But artificially bloating the HP of bosses who already have a ton of HP is just bad design.

Mozg

Arcane
Greed is fine because it's mostly about handling his coin drop attacks and spawns for a while, which interacts with your items pretty strongly (also it's a shorter fight). Hush is almost always shitty because it's just a bunch of dodging and no matter what your items are your attacks just slowly sandpaper down his health bar, meaning it's just about the same fight every time no matter if you've got some weird shit or just regular tears, and it takes 5+ minutes. Just skip blue womb unless you've got a chaos card.

Murk

Arcane
That's what it got to, rather unfortunately. They shoulda just introduced a self-healing thing like Greed has where you can 'stop the heal'.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I'm pretty sure there's some kind of health scaling going on with Hush too. No matter how ridiculous my damage output is it always seems to only do scratch damage to him.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Doing the daily run today it got a bit stupid on the final level I had sack head and the meatboy/bum combination follower and got a card that filled the room with poop (it was a much bigger room too), lots of which were gold poops, which would spawn coins and sacks and chests, and the follower would take coins and spawn more chests, because it was the last level all the chests had items in them, then I'd use a dice shard to reroll all the drops, eventually it went through the whole prize pool, so the only thing dropping was breakfast. I started the room with Dr fetus which made clearing the poop painful, but eventually I got something that made me immune to explosions, which was nice because when all that was left was breakfast I shot bombs in every direction that had a lasers encircling them and smaller bombs would fall from the sky, and when the bombs exploded they'd leave huge patches of flame behind. Not that any of that mattered, because something I picked up game me the power pill effect whenever I entered a room and all the followers I had would destroy everything before it wore off and I had a chance to shoot.

I still would have lost if I was doing a Greed run though.

Murk

Arcane
I'm pretty sure there's some kind of health scaling going on with Hush too. No matter how ridiculous my damage output is it always seems to only do scratch damage to him.

Yeah, I mentioned him in my previous post.

It used to be that if you froze them (mom's contact, midas touch, etc.) it would remove the damage-scaling, but I believe that's now fixed with recent patches.

I am also finding the game to be a bit easier... either that or the hours spent playing it makes it seem easier.

Some people have suggested that (with hush at least) his first form -- the one like isaac/blue baby -- is when it calibrates the scaling. Greed also seems to have an initial stage where you can do big damage, and it seems that's the calibration stage as well. This is speculation tho.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
At least with greed having high offense lets you clear the coins and shit from the room, as well as being able to attack from safer angles. With Hush it's stupid- all you really want is a means of defense from the bullet hell (which fills the room so your positioning doesn't matter), so like 90% of the item pool is garbage.

Murk

Arcane
Yeah, hush is one of those "only do it if you have the right build and/or love wasting time" bosses. First few times was fun, but I didn't realize it was a scaling gimmick -- I just had mediocre damage at the time.

Still, not bad.

Lots of people bitching about the lost having both d8 and holy mantle as if the two cancel each other out. Gives you the option to play however you want -- keep the mantle or roll it, neither one somehow negates the other, but reddit gonna reddit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom