Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rebellion Temple Quest: Spoil Me

Jed

Cipher
Is there a way to blow up the altar in the Flame Temple in Land's End that doesn't kill the Priest or let the Rebellion know I'm working for the Watcher?

Thanks,
Jed

Jed

Cipher
I already did the food courier quest earlier, and am unable to get the dialog again. I guess I'll have to kill the priest? Help me out here, Matt: my bard has a 41 in speech, but she can't talk him into leaving with either the " <convince him to go outside>" or the "The Rebellion is planning on destroying the temple and you with it" options. What attributes will make one of those options viable?

Thanks,
Jed

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I wasn't able to convince her to get out of the temple in my first game so I told her about the Rebellion plot. Not sure if this is how they found I was an agent of the Watcher or not (how come they Rebels don't go after the Watcher, he only has two guards after all?). I ignored the Rebels after that and concentrated on the Dagger.

In my second game, I laced the food with the drug and was able to carry on with the Rebellion quests, so you may have to kill her.

Jed

Cipher
Yeah, but there's not really any reason to blow the temple if the Rebellion finds out you're working for the watcher. I don't like "forced failure"; I feel like this quest was a little poorly designed. The easy way to fix it would be to allow the guy at the inn to give the food to deliver mulitple times.

J

CP

Liturgist
XJEDX said:
Yeah, but there's not really any reason to blow the temple if the Rebellion finds out you're working for the watcher. I don't like "forced failure"; I feel like this quest was a little poorly designed. The easy way to fix it would be to allow the guy at the inn to give the food to deliver mulitple times.

J

Yeah, we got reamed pretty hard by the Saint about this as well. A few people were somewhat (putting it mildly) disappointed by the way this and the Academy rock/paper quests were handled. I take full blame for the temple food delivery quest not being as open ended as it could have been. In the end it came down to a time issue - fix bugs or resolve closed script issues. I chose the former.

I think you're right though. This just isn't fun, nor is it consistent with the world we created. Consider it fixed next patch.

Thanks for your patience.

CP

Jed

Cipher
myself said:
either the " <convince him to go outside>" or the "The Rebellion is planning on destroying the temple and you with it" options. What attributes will make one of those options viable?
How about the other dialogue options then? Are there attribute statistics that will make them work, or are they just Red Herrings?

Thanks for your time,
J

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
The rock/paper issue was not a big deal to me, I thought the question was very straight forward and very much in the nature of the Thaumaturgists. The Temple quest was a bit worse though, just as the quest for the Flam concerning the Vangesh ambassador that could also be easily screwed up.

CP

Liturgist
Azael said:
The rock/paper issue was not a big deal to me, I thought the question was very straight forward and very much in the nature of the Thaumaturgists. The Temple quest was a bit worse though, just as the quest for the Flam concerning the Vangesh ambassador that could also be easily screwed up.

I think the Temple and Flam Final things are kinda different. The Vangesh ambassador issue is actually a bug. When I scripted this I did not take into consideration the possibility of figuring it out ahead of time. Careless mistake on my part, I will fix it for the next patch.

Not being able to speak with the Priestess unless you have very good reputation actually makes a lot of sense to me. If anyone in the Valley should know who's doing what in the Valley (excluding the Watcher and the Goddess) it's her. She doesn't want to ask for help from just anyone - only someone with a great reputation will break her silence.

CP

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom