Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New screenshots: https://www.realms-beyond.com/heading-to-the-gamescom-2018/

Heading to the Gamescom 2018!
August 8, 2018

You probably noticed our updates have become less frequent lately, but after weeks of very intensive work, we can finally announce our participation in the Indie Arena Booth 2018 at the Gamescom starting less than two weeks from now (21th-25th August).

We want to allow visitors to enjoy the complete gameplay experience of Realms Beyond, therefore we had to finish and polish all relevant gameplay elements in these last few weeks and months.

You can find more information about us in the Indie Arena Booth press kit here: Indie Arena Booth – Realms Beyond

If you plan to attend the Gamescom in Cologne this year, you can find us in hall 10.1. We are looking forward to see you at our booth where you can have a shot at playing our game, where you can see as-of-yet unpublished features like the world map first-hand. Visitors to our booth can also expect a special surprise to take away!

Meanwhile, our level designers have been very productive, so please have a look at these screenshots:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Do note the cute doggie in the second screen. Realms Beyond has the cutest doggies in all RPGs up to this point in time.
Give me a nice saber tooth kitty as companion,keep your dogs ;). I am tired of all the muds in games,it is not that to make a horse sized cat as companion.

Mustawd

The three guys walking in step looks a bit comical though ;)

This is how we really walk in Germany.

Ummm...yeah. I mean technically that is true.

walk-tall-L-Mo65iM.jpeg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

That looks fucking amazing. :salute:
It perfectly captures the charm of old isometric games, while PoE for some reason fails to do that.

Also we have a fundamentally different approach to PoE. They used pre-rendered and painted backgrounds, we use a modular level building approach where we place objects on our tile-based map and construct a level that way.

Much more flexible.

It's better to compare us to Ultima VII, Divine Divinity, Arcanum, Fallout, Diablo, Sacred etc than to PoE and the Infinity Engines.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Left right, march, left right, march ! Left right.
Do you know that when you left right, that's when you went wrong ? +M
When you begun talking about marching i remembered a thing from around 100 years ago. Back then when the army was recruiting villagers,most of them didn't know the difference between left and right,so they decided to teach them to march a practical way. On the left leg they would tie straws and on the right one they will tie hay. The training officer instead of saying left,right,left,right it would sat straw,hay,straw,hay.

It perfectly captures the charm of old isometric games, while PoE for some reason fails to do that.

Also we have a fundamentally different approach to PoE. They used pre-rendered and painted backgrounds, we use a modular level building approach where we place objects on our tile-based map and construct a level that way.

Much more flexible.

It's better to compare us to Ultima VII, Divine Divinity, Arcanum, Fallout, Diablo, Sacred etc than to PoE and the Infinity Engines.

But the tiles are prerendered?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Much more flexible.

But the tiles are prerendered?

No, for the tiles we use textures and decals. Our levels are fully built in the editor without any need for external pre-rendering of anything. Of course, the objects are pre-rendered 3D objects, but they can be rotated and freely placed anywhere on the map.

Do note the cute doggie in the second screen. Realms Beyond has the cutest doggies in all RPGs up to this point in time.
Can you kill it? Asking for a friend.

You can kill everything.

Much more flexible.

Ah I haven't realized that you've gone with 2D after all, because Chaos Chronicles were 3D and I had assumed this also were. Here I was thinking "these look very 2D, did they switch?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom