Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had completely forgotten about this game! I am the one that pushed this over the edge to make it's funding on kickstarter and that amount they made was pathetic. I think it was 150 thousand.

If you are wondering where the money has gone it went to making a beautiful map for the game.

Can you imagine being a composer working your butt off on a project then finding out all your work was for nothing.

Lot of independent artists run into that.
Did they get paid upfront at least? That's just depressing. I can't imagine working my ass off and doesn't get paid.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
dku0u0s.png

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
No no wait, you see he doesn’t give up, neither should you. Everything is going to be all right. Not to say he obviously spent the night working on a new module stuff.

Denial

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I had completely forgotten about this game! I am the one that pushed this over the edge to make it's funding on kickstarter and that amount they made was pathetic. I think it was 150 thousand.

If you are wondering where the money has gone it went to making a beautiful map for the game.

Can you imagine being a composer working your butt off on a project then finding out all your work was for nothing.

Lot of independent artists run into that.
Did they get paid upfront at least? That's just depressing. I can't imagine working my ass off and doesn't get paid.

I only remember the kickstarter. I don't know what the contract was for the Composer and Contract for Hire Composer?

The music I heard was horrible but could be re-orchestrated to work.

If they can't get the sound stage right then they can just use something like Vienna Pro.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
By Sheogorath, Realms Beyond development must be retarded! And by retarded, I mean 4REALZ!!!

Ghost CEO, who's also half-owner of company and whose signature is needed for any legal agreement to be signed or decision be made, has returned from the dead! And he answered all of Team's questions (football, kitchen sink installation, did you see that cat video?! etc) but he refuses to answer anything related to development of Realms Beyond. That's mythic German "organisational capabilities"

LES LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLZ
:troll::troll::troll:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
By Sheogorath, Realms Beyond development must be retarded! And by retarded, I mean 4REALZ!!!

Ghost CEO, who's also half-owner of company and whose signature is needed for any legal agreement to be signed or decision be made, has returned from the dead! And he answered all of Team's questions (football, kitchen sink installation, did you see that cat video?! etc) but he refuses to answer anything related to development of Realms Beyond. That's mythic German "organisational capabilities"

LES LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLZ
:troll::troll::troll:

Sounds like some sort of financial scam to me. Doesn't Germany give game devs tax credits or some shit?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Sounds like some sort of financial scam to me. Doesn't Germany give game devs tax credits or some shit?
Yup, Ya! Mutti Merkel, avid RPG gamer, gave them 100 000€ subsidy (on top of Kickstarter money). About a year or so ago. Where zy moneyz, Hans? Spent mien RPGFuhrer. Ze ALL?!? All :(

P.S. No active development has been done on game for more then 3 months, officially

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
we should ban any mention of chaos chronicles and realms beyond on the codex, delete every thread about and ban hobgoblin. it's the only way for our hurt hearts to move on

Leaving him as self-ejected is more fitting. He couldn't take the heat so left the kitchen.

Banning implies he went down fighting.

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
For someone who hasn't been paying attention, could someone summarize what happened with this game? Is this just another case of developers running away with kickstarter money or something else? Why can't the developer just finish the game himself in his spare time like any other indie game developer? Why hasn't there been any updates on kickstarter/website in almost a year?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
For someone who hasn't been paying attention, could someone summarize what happened with this game?
The game was almost finished and ready to be released, but then they fired the only feet modeler/developer they had. So now they find themselves with a full game with only one problem: none of the character models has feet. As you can imagine, they can't release an RPG without feet.

A sad story indeed.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For someone who hasn't been paying attention, could someone summarize what happened with this game? Is this just another case of developers running away with kickstarter money or something else? Why can't the developer just finish the game himself in his spare time like any other indie game developer? Why hasn't there been any updates on kickstarter/website in almost a year?
:dead:

Thonius

Arcane
For someone who hasn't been paying attention, could someone summarize what happened with this game?
The game was almost finished and ready to be released, but then they fired the only feet modeler/developer they had. So now they find themselves with a full game with only one problem: none of the character models has feet. As you can imagine, they can't release an RPG without feet.

A sad story indeed.
BB made it without feet. So there is still hope of sorts....
Also at this point just release the fucking source code and editor.

Codex Year of the Donut
Because it was a scam.

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I still believe it's possible, but if you want new innovative games to even try to enter the market, people really have to stop whining and support the indie devs that are making them. Seriously. If not, you better just get ready for your next cookie-cutter game full of all the wokeness you can swallow and straight from the mouth of Micro$oft or another mega corp. Yeah, that's going to be fun.

It's simple really, games cost money. More than you know. Indie devs don't have money. If you don't want to give them more of your money for support, then at least give them your hand in battle, because indie dev is a battle for these guys. Faggy whining doesn't help anyone in a battle.

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Because it was a scam.

What a crappy thing to say. Scams are things done to MAKE money.... if anything, these poor guys are more in debt now than they ever were. And they still don't have a game to sell to hopefully dig them out of that hole. You're not a corporate shill or something? Corporate shills abound these days and target indie devs so they can sell you their corporate wokeness games instead. For corporations, it's much cheaper to pay a bunch of internet shills $15 an hour to go after the indie devs than to actually produce a good game. Shame on you.

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
if anything, these poor guys are more in debt now than they ever were

1. Free Kickstarter money
2. Free government money

=

3. No game and I doubt any debt

Can you do simple math? Like dollars per hour math? Ever heard of taxes? KS money is never enough to finish a game, unless maybe they make their estimated ship date without any challenges along the way and have a magical budget and team that needs no food to eat. Only morons don't know the value of a dollar and the value of peoples time. You aren't a moron are you? Or maybe you are just another corporate shill? Think white and get serious.

Codex Year of the Donut
Because it was a scam.

What a crappy thing to say. Scams are things done to MAKE money.... if anything, these poor guys are more in debt now than they ever were. And they still don't have a game to sell to hopefully dig them out of that hole. You're not a corporate shill or something? Corporate shills abound these days and target indie devs so they can sell you their corporate wokeness games instead. For corporations, it's much cheaper to pay a bunch of internet shills $15 an hour to go after the indie devs than to actually produce a good game. Shame on you.
drude took the government money and ran

Bara

Arcane
Can you do simple math? Like dollars per hour math? Ever heard of taxes?

Pretty sure Mustwad is a accountant and as some one whose also in finance this project just reeks of failure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom