Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Really Obscure RPGs

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Was Al-Quadim that "obsure"though? I remember it was a big deal when it first released because of first game with "Arabian Nights" setting. (1001 Thousand Night Tales is the original name of the setting BTW)
It is a cool game that mostly focused on the story though. If i remember right, haven't replayed this one in ages.
If you like this setting, I'll recommend you "Island of the Caliph" another cool game with lots of exploration.

1709534591674.jpeg
1709534604683.jpeg
images
images

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It was built on a Dark Sun engine and while having stats, exp points and levels, mostly focused on arcade gameplay. Tried it a couple of times but never reached far.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Was Al-Quadim that "obsure"though? I remember it was a big deal when it first released because of first game with "Arabian Nights" setting. (1001 Thousand Night Tales is the original name of the setting BTW)
It is a cool game that mostly focused on the story though. If i remember right, haven't replayed this one in ages.
If you like this setting, I'll recommend you "Island of the Caliph" another cool game with lots of exploration.

View attachment 47229 View attachment 47230
images
images
Quest for Glory II is also pretty good for those vibes.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Not far at all. Al-Qadim; I barely got out of the intro tutorial and Entomorph I was stuck at that initial village getting nowhere. I digged the atmosphere of each but just gave up. I must really suck at those two games.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is that a hobbit or a (barbarian?) toddler you control?
No idea, it's a MobyGames screenshot, but I found it funny that apparently you can play a duck humanoid which is pretty unique

bafkreihdu3os4tqkzclosmntjei2dwypdhaualbc6uww6yctjxjibftioe@jpeg
Huh, the first screenshot seemed familiar for some reason, now that you show the duck character I do remember trying this a while ago when I crawled through an archive.org collection of obscure games.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
There must surely be a brave codexer who completes them all and writes a full account/tutorial of said adventures..... maybe with a witty accent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom