Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ratopia - Oxygen Not Included with RATS and Milton Friedman

Perkel

Arcane
Well i found something good. Very similar to Oxygen Not Included but with different twists. Overall so far it is pretty good.

What makes it different from ONI ?
- realistic economy. Something Dwarf Fortress tried to do before they removed it from game in one of patches. Basically you have starting money and you have to circulate it in economy, creating poor, wealthy etc. setting taxes so that you can use it again etc.
- Rats.
- Invasions.

If you liked ONI this is definitely good sidegrade.

Nahel

Arcane
Ratropolis was a great game for its price. So might be worth a look

Hellraiser

Arcane
I'm skeptical. For me the economy sim part would need to be really good to offset the lack of ONI's bizzaro physics and engineering autism.

I'll wait a few months and see if autists latch on to it or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom