Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rate Baizuo's Gate 3 from 0 to 10, where 0 is the worst game of your live and 10, the best.

Score, one to 10.

• Total voters

Crichton

Prophet
Choices with no consequences.

I don't see how much more you can reasonably expect; there are several cases where I was surprised that the game let me skip out on things that the writers obviously spent a lot of time on and provided alternatives:

1) Since I was playing a harem party, I told Wyll the devil-hunter to fuck off when he appeared in the camp ... and he fucked off, I never saw him again. Since I'd read in threads here that the Duke was his father and their quests were intertwined, I expected him to pop back in in act 3, but he didn't. I rescued his father from SeaLab, had him hanging around in camp; he never mentioned his gay dancing son (probably ashamed). Everything I know about Wyll I learned from this website, all he ever did in my game is stroll into camp, spout some shit and wander off into the wilderness.

2) Some companion quests are actually branched, not 'complete the quest and then push the NPC through the good or evil door'; Shadowheart's quest plays out differently for the two tracks. I didn't use most of the companions, but playing as Gale, I can actually go full retard Glorious Martyrdom Operation and end the game an act early. How many games even give you a shadow of that?

3) Those mushroom merchants were bitching about their lack of stock in act 3 because the game let me accidentally blow up their magic mushroom. That's it, you snooze you lose. Pretty much every other RPG dev would have made the mushroom impossible to destroy, made some big deal out of the choice of who to give the mushroom to and then "hidden" 3 other mushrooms so you could give everyone their fucking mushroom and avoid having to make the choice.

I don't know that it adds up to 170000000000 endings or whatever the yellow press promised, but being able to 1) become a squid, 2) work with the gay squid, 3) have Karlach become a squid or 4) make Orpheus become a squid is also a pretty decent selection of options for resolving the main quest. WotR does have a better selection but compare this to either BG or BG2.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Plus the consequences really sting power-option wise.

Killed the tieflings/let them be killed? Good job, now you won't have access to a large part of the best items in the game. Also Karlach's quest is unsolvable... not that she'd want to follow you.
You want a drow companion? Better not be a goody two-shoes then.

You're Durge? Better don't need the best Charisma robe.

And lots of similar, maybe less impactfull consequences.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Picking a side and being locked out of an entire path is a consequence.
Being locked out of a quarter of content because one option is blatantly unfinished is not.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gameplay is an 8, or maybe even higher.

Everything related to writing is a 6, or maybe even lower.

I've taken a break from the game, but will return soon.

Falls squarely into the 5,5/10 territory, if for no other reason, then for being the same game Larian's been making since at least D: OS, but this time going all in with coomer shit, so reddit will love it, it'll receive all the GOTY awards, and will be forgotten in two years
meh.png
Can't say I give a shit.

janior

Arcane
Patron
Falls squarely into the 5,5/10 territory, if for no other reason, then for being the same game Larian's been making since at least D: OS, but this time going all in with coomer shit, so reddit will love it, it'll receive all the GOTY awards, and will be forgotten in two years
meh.png
Can't say I give a shit.
and you didn't play it even for an hour

Padzi

Arbiter
I thoroughly enjoyed act 1, I liked act 2, but I'm really tired playing act 3.

Seriously, I thought that I will be pleased by act 3 the most as I'm very keen on playing around in a city setting... But something feels off.

I rate the 7/10 as act 3 alone lowers the rating

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
7 out of ten. Starts as a solid 8 and then slowly slides down to 6 as you progress through the game. Still it left me hopeful for further Larian projects. I feel that since Divinity 1 each new Larian game is a slight improvement over the predecessor.

Frozen

Arcane
0 is too high for that shit

it's made by people with zero taste and one-digit IQ

jersey shore of games

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Gameplay is an 8, or maybe even higher.

Everything related to writing is a 6, or maybe even lower.

I've taken a break from the game, but will return soon.
I'm not returning until they restore the axed content, or someone else does.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Cut content is usually done for good reasons (unfinished/buggy/not really well developed/doesn't mesh well with the current game). See the Fallout 2 restoration mod for an example.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Cut content is usually done for good reasons (unfinished/buggy/not really well developed/doesn't mesh well with the current game). See the Fallout 2 restoration mod for an example.
Usually

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom