Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Jason Liang

Arcane
About 40 attempts, this is as close as I got -

rx096.png

Got her down to 110,000 (from 2.4 million) so that's around 96%. If that had been cold weakness instead of dark I could have gotten there.

Anyway, it's the same situation as Kessel before, I know if all the stars align I could do it without newd Atago, but I don't want to waste 5 more hours just to keep Pleupet.

Having 1-turned the other 3 countries now, Leazas is clearly the hardest to 1-turn (without Arios). 1-turn Leazas (through Hawzel) clearly should be done turn 2 or 3.

Last edited:

DrDustCell

Educated
Leazas is hands-down the most difficult to one-turn imo.

I've done it but I didn't get anything special for one-turning every country, personal satisfaction aside. I was able to do great invasion by turn 13 that run but that's about it. Also, a new thing..

ASUKA'S PANTIES.

hPh2DaI.jpg

How to get: use tiny rance's steal attack on Leazas 2 1v1 fight vs Asuka/Chaka. (Take right branch initially, then left after fighting Lexington twice and not winning) Note that it says Free Cities instead of Leazas. That's clearly an error that will probably be patched.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Got Arios and his girlfriend later on. I knew he was a good card, but I didn't know he was so broken that he essentially trivializes much of the fights, at least when the difficulty level is still in single digits.

DrDustCell

Educated
Yep. Go to card info and sort by ATK. No need even, just look at his ATK lol. His even trumps a Lv300(!!!) Sushine. AND THEN it multiplies by like 3x after transformation. Ridiculous.

DrDustCell

Educated
I think you can only get him through "unlock all characters" bonus although I could be mistaken. Never gotten him and his gf (who you need to transform to Hero Arios) without it.

Jason Liang

Arcane
So guess who dropped a few chests later after I went back to pick up newd Atago?

rx097.png

From the Demon army fight right before Hawzel. Funny how that worked out.

Hawzel is still a bitch to beat though, even with +5 AP. Now I can get her down to about 80k, but I need Nunuhara or a second nuke.

Hm. Now that I think about it, I found a dupe Kesselring the first time, I guess that makes a pretty big difference.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
ho ho ho, yatta!

It was damn close though.

rx098.png

End of round 7 and La Hawzel is almost finished, but I only have 3 AP left, must choose between Kenshin or Eleanor... do I trust Kenshin to get there, or hope that Eleanor's 80% sleep actually procs to stop Hawzel's 10% heal?

rx099.png

Yeah, I banked on Eleanor. Fuck Kenshin. She whiffs way too often in X.

rx100.png

Here we go...

rx101.png

Bam.

rx102.png

La Hawzel, your ass token is mine!

rx105.png

Seeing this beautiful smile makes it worthwhile.

The final two tricks were first to figure out that Hawzel uses her final dispel on round 5, so sub in Kenshin on round 5 to use Bishamon's Blessing for 3 rounds to push though the final damage. Second, to figure out the correct army bonuses - +3 frames, party switch, demon faction and 30% damage. Leaving out +1 AP. Also, Atago > Cafe.

Last edited:

DrDustCell

Educated
HOLY HELL, you did it! You deserve Lia's glomp lol! And congrats on nabbing Pluepet in the end!

The savegame after this should serve as the "golden standard" for you to load from for many playthroughs to come lol.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I'm worried about getting Hornet to do Breakthrough this run though, at +2 difficulty (from doing 3 1-turns). Starting with +10 ranks helps you tank damage but your damage output doesn't scale as well, especially 1-turn 3 countries, you get less treasure chests than a normal run. Hopefully I can get the Ranger bonus first.

My "gold standard" saves are still my 0 cp turn 5 1-turn Zeth and my 0 cp turn 3 1-turn Helman saves. This run is just to nab cp, get Tiny Reach E and unlock JAPAN characters and Kessel, so I can finally run on hard mode. I start this run with 5 cp and plan to end with 11 or 12 cp.

I especially want to try part 2 on hard mode. It seems like it wasn't really designed for normal mode.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Starting with +10 ranks helps you tank damage but your damage output doesn't scale as well, especially 1-turn 3 countries, you get less treasure chests than a normal run.
Pretty much this. I need exp bonuses too so cards level faster if i aim for 1-turning countries.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
According to someone in 4chan who decompiled the game script there was signs for part 3 that was cut.
Apparently there is TADA's commentary that the whole whale being El thing was going to be expanded and there was going to be some sort war against gods scenario. And there was going to be a scene where sane DK Rance and kids conquer East Helman.
Zeth also had bunch of stuff cut, notably a scene with Sill's parents. Zedong was also supposed to have more scenes, which makes sense considering he doesn't really show up outside the Zeth fall scene.

Also apparently Kenja Keiko has a talk scene in a ??? spot, but it has a ridiculously low priority, so it might just be a way to hide cut content.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Also apparently Kenja Keiko has a talk scene in a ??? spot, but it has a ridiculously low priority, so it might just be a way to hide cut content.

I've been getting a ??? Event early in my run (before Keiko gets K-Blissed), there's a mystery woman speaking with the ominous ALICE music. I can't figure out who that would be.

rx112.png

Last edited:

DrDustCell

Educated
Gamepedia just approved the Rance X wiki! It's not yet up but it should be in a couple days!

I'll resume the card uploads and other guides at that time :)

lightbane

Arcane
That seems to confirm that there will be an expansion/DLC/whatever, I knew the "Creator Phase" from Kichokou would come back in one way or another...

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
That seems to confirm that there will be an expansion/DLC/whatever, I knew the "Creator Phase" from Kichokou would come back in one way or another...

It was probably planned but cut afterwards. They might add some deleted scenes like in the Alice's Mansion section in Sengoku. Speaking of which, Sengoku was supposed to start with Rance working for Takeda house and him replacing dead Shingen whom he resembled.

Jason Liang

Arcane
It makes me sad to imagine that the campaigns could have been more fleshed out, with more alternate routes and content (such as the cut visit to Sill's parents in Zeth 1). Currently some of the routes are well-developed (Leazas campaigns, FC Campaigns) but others like Zeth seem more rail-roaded. But I can imagine a better version where each campaign has 4-5 routes instead of 1-2. AS could really improve Rance X if they spent 6-9 months on a Magnum expansion for it.

lightbane

Arcane
Seeing this is the final Rance game, I'm sure they're planning to do that, if they're not doing it already. The devs want to be freed from Rance, at long last.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It makes me sad to imagine that the campaigns could have been more fleshed out, with more alternate routes and content (such as the cut visit to Sill's parents in Zeth 1). Currently some of the routes are well-developed (Leazas campaigns, FC Campaigns) but others like Zeth seem more rail-roaded. But I can imagine a better version where each campaign has 4-5 routes instead of 1-2. AS could really improve Rance X if they spent 6-9 months on a Magnum expansion for it.
They're saving it for the english remaster.

TigerKnee

Arcane
The Sengoku / Takeda thing was very early in conceptual development back when Sengoku was going to be a standard RPG instead of the Grand Scale Strategy that it ended up becoming and presumably it was going to be more similar to KR's scenario (the foreshadowing in 5D and VI made it look that way while the final product ended up being very different)

Jason Liang

Arcane
Just finished my 5 CP Normal Difficulty run by Breakthrough, took some picture of the highlights.

Turn 6
rx113.png

Curse of Normal Mode strikes again with my Kentaro chest. In hindsight, fated Kanami would have been an MVP against Kayblis, if I didn't need Ken for Hornet rescue.

Turn 7
Went for Hornet rescue. It turns out that rescuing Hornet on turn 7 after 1-turning 3 countries is difficulty 10, which is the same as turn 8 in my 0 cp run where I 1-turned Zeth (since on turn 8 you get +1 difficulty from Redeye pre-turn). If I had done Zeth instead, the Hornet rescue would have been difficulty 13. Didn't take any pictures since it was same as last time.

Turn 8
Even at difficulty 12 and 13, Galtia and Medusa were far easier this time. Alefgard was suprisingly annoying this time, since he hit much harder and he kept spamming his 30% heal (and was immune to Am's heal seal). Much more relaxed than last time, I took some more pictures.
rx114.png

Medusa nude. That magnificient cleavage...

rx115.png

Only took 39 rounds this time (as opposed to 74 rounds last time), and it wasn't really that close either, I just started to ignore defense towards the end so that I could get the 50% exp bonus for finishing in the red. Um. Also I was going to sub Gandhi in for the money shot but I forgot to take that screenshot. I still had hanny zippo unused.

rx116.png

That expression...

Turn 9
rx123.png

Warg showed up in Leazas, but I'm too weak to challenge her. Both Helman and Free Cities self-liberated this turn; I think that's the earliest possible.

Turn 10
Onto the Monster Realm! At first I was a bit worried about fighting Kayblis at difficulty 15. I could have done this at difficulty 12 instead (-2 by ignoring Zeth completely, -1 by taking the Ranger bonus base operation) but I wanted to first see if I could actually beat a stronger version.

rx122.png

30 million hp and he hits like a truck. Seems like I'm overmatched...

rx118.png

After about a dozen attempts, I finally figured out that the correct strategy was complete defensive control. It turns out that sans Shariela, Kayblis is basically just an amped up and more schizophrenic version of the Medusa fight. 96 rounds later, I've got Kayblis on the ropes. It wasn't even close; I still had both hanny zippo and the Pope heal unused (as well as Urza's heal if it came to that). Crook, Freya and Kanami completely controlled Kayblis's attacks. Kessel prove out to be the MVP for this fight since my primary damage was her zombies, and Atago breaks the math of this fight. Reset came in after Kanami got knocked out, and her abilities are tailored for this fight.

rx119.png

Bam.

rx121.png

Time for Rance's reward, gwahahahaha!

Now going back to turn 9 to try for Land Invasion.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
So... I only tried for about an hour, but I don't think I can beat Warg on turn 10. Her attack sequence deals about 70% of my life total. Right now the only people I have are:
R: Rance (useless except for IF),
L: Rick (useless),
H: Pigu (I have newd Pigu but can't get the mini-Pigus to drop)
Z: Kimchi
FC: Crook (have basic, Burinator and Pope Crook)
U: Miracle
X: Pastel (have basic, fated, RQ and newd)
D: La Hawzel

Can I still do land invasion if I wait until turn 11 for her? I can have 4-5 more characters next turn, including Gandhi, Nunuhara, Atago, Sill, Kaen, and Hornet. Also -1 difficulty Ranger bonus (currently at 14, if I do it end of turn 10 I can get the difficulty down to 13).
rx124.png

rx126.png

rx127.png

This is who I got...

rx128.png

Last turn before dying, this is about as close as I can get to beating Warg on turn 10.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom