Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol... there isn't even a linux version planned. Not even in the stretch goals.
For a game that already runs on an overpriced version of linux (called macOS).

There are games I'm willing to switch to Windows for to play them. And games that won't get me that far.
Given the looks, I have little doubts it'll run on Wine, though. Or via DOSBox :lol:

Terra

Cipher
Given Jeff's deep love of the Codex and his wish to absolve pirates I'm left with only one question: Codex fundraiser when?

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
See, Vogel has a special place in my heart. When I could buy his games and reward him for his efforts he pretty much told me that I was not his public, that I should go away and released for years boring stuff that I could not even be bothered to finish 'cause boredom.

I guess people have a short memory, but I am surprised anyone who claims to be an RPG fan would give him support.

Especially for something that has such a stupid name, may as well make it milady: adventures in cuckoldry :lol:

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
:hero:

Escape into a new indie fantasy role-playing epic.

I'm escaping into a nightmare land where every day's reality is just a lame rehash of the past, including the same boring faces and voices you've heard for millennia, all controlled by a god that looks like a mad leprechaun

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
See, Vogel has a special place in my heart. When I could buy his games and reward him for his efforts he pretty much told me that I was not his public, that I should go away and released for years boring stuff that I could not even be bothered to finish 'cause boredom.

I guess people have a short memory, but I am surprised anyone who claims to be an RPG fan would give him support.
This can be his big hit and that'll finally be it :shittydog:.

Zeriel

Arcane
Trying his luck,wanting to expand. His precious games were successful enough to keep them alive well fed and making some money on the side. I really hope that this campaign blow up in a big way. Would be interesting to see a more expensive game from him.

I doubt anything happens if it blows up. He just pockets the money and makes another excuse about being old and tired if anyone asks. Maybe does another Kickstarter in a year because its an even better way to get money for minimum effort, if that works out.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
And he just hit his $30,000 goal. The kickstarter has been funded in just one day after being posted, despite the lackluster effort he put into promoting it.

:excellent:

I think this proves that Jeff Vogel has a quiet, but strong fan base. Infinitron , can we have the Spiderweb Software sticky back now? And how about a 'cute' spider Codex badge for those that donate to the possible Codex fundraiser?

Zeriel

Arcane
And he just hit his $30,000 goal. The kickstarter has been funded in just one day after being posted, despite the lackluster effort he put into promoting it.

:excellent:

I think this proves that Jeff Vogel has a quiet, but strong fan base. Infinitron , can we have the Spiderweb Software sticky back now? And how about a 'cute' spider Codex badge for those that donate to the possible Codex fundraiser?

Something something not a learning animal.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I think the game looks interesting, but it's incredibly disappointing that the game itself, in terms of assets and engine, looks to be just another Spiderweb game. I was hoping that the kickstarter would have been larger in scope (50,000-75,000) with the intention of actually buying new assets and giving his games a new look. As it is, I'm not sure why he bothered with kickstarter at all.

I was really excited about this, but the backer rewards are all lame, basically just glorified pre-orders. So I don't even know if I'll back it now.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ok wow the ks pitch is absolutely awful, did no one tell him how to market stuff and attract people to his game?! ugh. I guess I'll back it bc I like Vogel's games but I fear this will barely reach it's goal if at all. Meh.

he's gone from 2k to over 6k in the last couple of hours alone and he only needs 30. I think he'll do just fine. Vogel is the master of getting the most money out of the least work imaginable.

Called it. He’s supported himself for over a decade by updating and re-releasing old games, of course his minimalist, no effort Kickstarter was going to work.

Jeff Vogel school of business: work smarter, not harder.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Imagine he had used his old engine but done a full-on science fiction game

So you get to play a Momma's Boy? After being Daddy's boy in Fallout 3? These modern devs are regressing back into diapers in front of our very eyes!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Well, they're making games for the millennials, how else are they going to attract them

cruelio

Augur
Personally I'm really glad the guy who hasn't made a good game since the time computers had less than one gig of ram is getting money to make more bad games.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
A lot of hypocritical edgy faggots here shitting on vogel. Ha,it is amusing that the guy managed to fund his kickstarter in a day despite the retarded hate here. I see that the people that enjoy older looking games and don't care about graphics are a dying breed even on the codex. Go and enjoy your shiny game,apparently they are making a new fallout for all of you retards.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It is not about shiny graphics, you dumb fuck. It is the fact that the old fogey spent zero fucking effort in all this. And the fact that what he shows looks WORSE than what he has done in the past, while being yet another Exile rehash.

And if he is going to kickstart something, the decent thing would to actually SHOW where the money is going for. Is one before and after shot too much to ask?

You did notice that the KS is for those "shiny game" -things in the first place, right? Not about making a deeper, better game. Not about taking any kind of risks or doing something he hasn't been able to do before.

TOP KEK, MATE.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I haven't played any of his games, so rehashing the same game over and over isn't an issue for me. This sounds interesting but the graphics turn me off.

:negative:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I hope he adds a branching storyline stretch goal

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom