Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Purdy looking possible RPG thing called Cradle on KickStarter

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
For once I don't feel like I'm another of Sawyer's Stalkers (also known as the SS), because I have no idea what jesawyer has to do with this.

I was adding the hashtag to the end of your post, not attaching it to you.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Cross posting from the kickstarter thread:

The art looks really pretty, but their story/writing sounds awful.

The fact that the one dude made a show of typing on a type writer pretty much cements the latter. "Hey guys check it out, I'm using a type writer, I'm a SERIOUS WRITER."

Indranys

Savant
What's those occasional blurs in the video??
Hope it's just a special effect for the video or else someone will be crazed after playing their game.
Cool that I can see my hands when crouching and shit, but please don't make the feature halfassedly.
It means if you let me play as a women and even make me see my own hands, then make sure that I can see my own boobs too FFS!!!11

imweasel

The game looks nice, but what is up with the video? The video is in 720p, which should suffice, but it highly compressed. It is blurry and you can see artifacts everywhere. Looks like crap.

Jetblack

Literate
I don´t like the look of the graphics or design, its so pretty and jungle book looking. I´m tired of slick pretty graphics, usually it means the game will be a shallow pile of doo.

himmy

Arcane
I really don't trust such young people saying they are doing something that has never been done before...

Not saying it's the case, but historically, most innovation, especially in art and literature and whatnot, has been brought about by very young people. Think Rimbaud.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
'K, now think if Rimbaud would make a kickstarter pitch for his works. It would be some actually cool and new stuff, not just shinny graphics and empty promises.

Mortmal

Arcane
Its a sympathic team of enthusiasts youths... Lets break their dreams thats what the codex is for . Why would i send money for an budget elderscrolls ? Show me turn based tactical , not tacticool , post apoc , history setting or at least very well done medieval setting. Kickstarter is not to get mainstream games.

Mortmal

Arcane
Amin said Commissar and went to back Czech :obviously: Waporware with Knights, dungeons and no Wymyn.

No dragons nor magic, wich means its an extremely daring and risky project!

As for no women look closer:

268ef14dba491ef1a7849316b1f3de00_large.png

Angthoron

Arcane
This is nice and all, but wake me up for Cradlesnatcher RPG instead.

bledcarrot

Educated
So I heard a lot of buzz words in lieu of anything actually, you know, meaningful. "unique fantasy setting", "distinct combat system", "dynamic and responsive combat system", "forge your own path";

I kept waiting to have these placeholders filled in, but it never came. Which is not to say they don't actually have something interesting, just that they missed an opportunity to convey that in the pitch video. Instead they fell back on shit we've been hearing forever.

Having said that...damn, she's pretty.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
seeing as it's being developed in the cry engine, it'll probably be as shallow as skyrim

When I saw the pitch starting with a 15 seconds CryEngine logo I almost wanted to switch off. It's like: "because our game is utter crap let's try to fool people with a CryEngine logo". I mean - what the fuck? - I don't fucking care which engine they use - I want fucking interesting content, not a fucking logo!

John_Blazze

Augur
I guess youngsters get all kinds of brave ideas, like this kickstarter for example, when not getting laid.

Gotta spend that energy somewhere.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Still laughing hard. Don't you have to be 18 to be on kickstarter?
I'm sure they have parental consent.

It's funny how these kids provide better concept art and game footage than many 'industry professionals' tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom