Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

Brinko

Arcane
http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/06/...-tell-customers-about-xbox-ones-restrictions/
GameStop stores around the US are taking an active role in telling customers about the Xbox One’s many caveats. They’re putting out flyers informing customers about the restrictions of the console like needing to be connected to the internet every 24 hours and others. Multiple reports across the web confirm this news but it does appear like these flyers are a store by store thing Could just be some rogue locations. We’re trying hard to get a picture of this flyer and hope to add it to this post soon. This is rumored to be happening at select GameStop stores throughout the country but not at all yet. It could just be a local thing that a particular manager decided to do on his/her own.
I wouldn’t take this as GameStop standing up against the system. They will likely sell the system and stock it’s games like any other retailer. A move like this is probably an insurance policy so that consumers understand that they will need internet when they pre-order the system so that they don’t have customers come back to cancel those pre-orders if they disagree with Microsoft’s anti-consumer policies.
With a major retailer like GameStop telling customers up front about all the issues with Microsoft’s new console I think the system has a tough uphill battle ahead of it.

So now the PR war has begun.

Jashiin

Arcane
Plbmtnq.jpg
[/quote]

How does one do this photoshop and forget using xbone. :retarded:

Jashiin

Arcane
http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/06/...-tell-customers-about-xbox-ones-restrictions/
GameStop stores around the US are taking an active role in telling customers about the Xbox One’s many caveats. They’re putting out flyers informing customers about the restrictions of the console like needing to be connected to the internet every 24 hours and others. Multiple reports across the web confirm this news but it does appear like these flyers are a store by store thing Could just be some rogue locations. We’re trying hard to get a picture of this flyer and hope to add it to this post soon. This is rumored to be happening at select GameStop stores throughout the country but not at all yet. It could just be a local thing that a particular manager decided to do on his/her own.
I wouldn’t take this as GameStop standing up against the system. They will likely sell the system and stock it’s games like any other retailer. A move like this is probably an insurance policy so that consumers understand that they will need internet when they pre-order the system so that they don’t have customers come back to cancel those pre-orders if they disagree with Microsoft’s anti-consumer policies.
With a major retailer like GameStop telling customers up front about all the issues with Microsoft’s new console I think the system has a tough uphill battle ahead of it.

Yoda_SWSB.jpg

Begun, the bone war has.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
"The numbers do NOT work people."
"Assassins Creed games are made by thousands of devs."

Maybe don't do that? It's your fucking fault for turning games into Hollywood blockbusters.

9037236221_71e33dd52d.jpg

:what:

This is real?

Looks like a joke image to send to that dorito guy.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Assassin's Creed is definitely bloated, but I can't help but be impressed by Ubisoft's management skills. They probably have the best project managers in the industry to be able to put out these kinds of games annually. It's definitely not as easy to create a new Asscreed type of game as it is to create a Call of Duty sequel. And they don't sell as much as Call of Duty either, so they have to be even more efficient. Montreal tax breaks help.

DeepOcean

Arcane

An store, by store thing with the objective of informing consumers? HAHAHAAH, I believe that Santa Claus exist. A retailer that don't want to sell things that have the potential to make retailers irrelevant? Who ever thought in that?

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
"The numbers do NOT work people."
"Assassins Creed games are made by thousands of devs."

Maybe don't do that? It's your fucking fault for turning games into Hollywood blockbusters.

9037236221_71e33dd52d.jpg

This is real?

Looks like a joke image to send to that dorito guy.

Damn,we have reached the point where I am not sure what is real and what is just another P4R parody news article

Damn,we have reached the point where I am not sure what is real and what is just another P4R parody news article

http://www.p4rgaming.com/microsoft-...l-only-work-in-21-states-in-the-us-at-launch/

P4R isn't a parody, it's simply an optimistic projection of trends.

CliffyB said:
"You cannot have game and marketing budgets this high while also having used and rental games existing," he said via Twitter. "The numbers do NOT work people."

translation said:
We CAN'T continue throwing away money like this unless we take away you basic ownership rights."

I like how fascism must be instituted simply because the only other alternative is needing to trim budgets.

Dexter

Arcane
http://www.edge-online.com/news/dayz-set-to-arrive-on-ps4-but-could-skip-xbox-one/
Dean Hall has suggested that his standalone version of Arma 2 mod DayZ, intended for PC and next gen consoles, might not be released on Xbox One due to publishing and patching restrictions.

Microsoft does not allow indies to self publish and charges for patches, while on PS4, issuing a patch is free, and indies can publish titles themselves, says Hall.

“We’re happy to see DayZ on any console but there is a… I guess one problem,” Hall told us. “The console needs to not charge for us to do updates and it needs to be indie title friendly.”

When asked whether Microsoft and Sony are still charging for patches, Hall replied: “As far as I’m aware, Microsoft is, Sony’s not. And Sony allows you to self-publish. But who knows? Maybe Microsoft will change. From our perspective, we need self-publishing because DayZ would be a great digital download title.”

Hall added that Sony’s free patching policy is preferable because there are a lot of bugs in DayZ. “It’s gonna take a long time for us to be able to iron this out and we don’t wanna have to be paying ten, twenty thousand dollars – whatever it is – every time we wanna do an update.”

Hall’s remarks here echo Phil Fish’s decision not to patch Fez last year, as it would cost his studio “tens of thousands of dollars.”

fWpJY1n.png

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
http://www.p4rgaming.com/microsoft-...l-only-work-in-21-states-in-the-us-at-launch/

P4R isn't a parody, it's simply an optimistic projection of trends.

I like how fascism must be instituted simply because the only other alternative is needing to trim budgets.

It's amusing and yet slightly bewildering to read people describing blocking used games as "fascism". Seriously get some perspective for fuck's sake.

I don't see anybody complaining about the same model existing on Steam for almost a decade.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
This can't be real, it's like the fucking twilight zone. I still can't believe MS will go through with all this.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
It's amusing and yet slightly bewildering to read people describing blocking used games as "fascism". Seriously get some perspective for fuck's sake.

I don't see anybody complaining about the same model existing on Steam for almost a decade.

You must not visit internet forums much then. There is a Steam rant thread in every gaming forum I have visited. Besides, it is not because of the games that people are complaining. They are fighting against changing buying games to leasing them. Just like what happened at the start of the DVD era with Divx, or whatever it was called, discs that had limited uses. They failed to force it in music and movies, but because the gaming culture is full of brodudes, children, and manchildren they probably have a better shot in games. It is part of a long-term strategy to get people acclimated to not owning things they buy so that corporations can control customer behavior.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
If a publisher wants to essentially lease me a game, then that game needs to cost $20 or less, not $60 + $100 for all the DLC. If I can't install the game as many times as I want, lend it out, resell it, and so on, then they can fuck right the fucking fuck off. Steam actually facilitates this approach to some extent, because you can often buy stuff on sale 5 years later with all of the DLC for $20 or less. At that point the retarded restrictions become acceptable, unless the game in question requires Whorigin or JewPlay. I wouldn't even pirate an EA game for free, actually. I've been boycotting them completely for years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom