Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Metroid: Other M 2.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It is not a "complex" when you are actually and objectively superior.

Stupid fucking Japanese and their idiotic prejudices though. They should have cut into the PC market ages ago. The last straw for me was Cave putting their catalog on motherfucking iOS (like anybody is playing high precision bull hell games on a touch screen peasant device) but not PC. How stupid can you get? And now that they are essentially in financial ruin there's no longer any chance of ever seeing their stuff anywhere else but iOS and Xbox. But no, the evil gaijin machine has to be avoided at all cost. Nothing but piracy there, much loss of profitu. :roll:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Most Japanese Devs are focused less on the international release and more on the local release, because in a majority of cases, their shit sells better in Japan than it does overseas. And in Japan, almost nobody owns gaymen PC's, or PCs in general. It's a society that values shit being small, and it's considered fairly normal for a household to not even own a PC at all. Also doesn't help that the PC gaming market there (and home computer ownership in general, unfortunately) do carry the stigma of being commonly associated with Otakus, weird visual novels, even weirder chat rooms and imageboards, and sexual deviancy, which isn't at all good when mixed with a society which values collectivism maintaining a good public image.

The success of Dark Souls for the PC does seem to be waking quite a few of them up to the possibility of Steam and digital distribution, though. So hopefully something good will come of that.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
It is not a "complex" when you are actually and objectively superior.

Stupid fucking Japanese and their idiotic prejudices though. They should have cut into the PC market ages ago. The last straw for me was Cave putting their catalog on motherfucking iOS (like anybody is playing high precision bull hell games on a touch screen peasant device) but not PC. How stupid can you get? And now that they are essentially in financial ruin there's no longer any chance of ever seeing their stuff anywhere else but iOS and Xbox. But no, the evil gaijin machine has to be avoided at all cost. Nothing but piracy there, much loss of profitu. :roll:

Lyric Suite complains about poor reasoning.

Martius

Liturgist
Metroid: Other M 2.
One bad game in 14 years. I'll be safe.
Also it wasnt done in house by Nintendo but by Team Ninja (pretty strange choice if you ask me). On the other hand Bayonetta 2 and W101 are great so they just have to be more carefully with choosing appropriate studios.
Jick Magger is pretty much spot on just right now handhelds and smartphones probably have bigger if not biggest chunk of market there.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I want a Wii U. I think I'm going to buy one soon. Bayonetta 2 and 1 are on it, and Mario Kart, and eventually there will be another Metroid game.
Yeah I'm thinking about getting one at some point. Didn't think any of the current consoles interested me at all, but every time a decent Wii U game comes out I think "huh, cool, if another few come out I'll have to get a Wii U eventually" and that was 5-6 games ago now.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Wii U's seem like they should just exist in every household. Retards can bitch at each other in a Sonic vs Mario fight over PS4 vs Xbone, while everyone has fun with Wii U's. Same as last generation

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
My hopes for this generation of consoles are -

A not too retarded Fallout 4. (Possible)

A not too retarded TES 6. (Possible)

A good Fallout spinoff by Obsidian. (Possible)

A GTA game as big and as fun as San Andreas. (Not likely)

A Saints Row game as fun as SR2. (Possible)

A good Lovecraftian horror game. (Maybe)

A good Silent Hill game. (Maybe)

I can't think of anything else.

TripJack

Hedonist
A not too retarded Fallout 4. (Possible)

A not too retarded TES 6. (Possible)
ray-liotta-laughing-ik2s4k.gif

how is either of those possible

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wii U's seem like they should just exist in every household. Retards can bitch at each other in a Sonic vs Mario fight over PS4 vs Xbone, while everyone has fun with Wii U's. Same as last generation
LOL. Nintenturd fans always comfort themselves with this. Oh, but if you want to have fun games, you buy a Wii/U. Oh Nintendo still remembers what makes games fun.

Yeah, because the millions who buy and enjoy Xbone/PS4 games are clearly not having fun.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Skyrim wasn't that retarded.
It was. It was even more retarded than Oblibion.

It depends on what you're focusing on.

If it's dialogue, lore etc... Then Skyrim was much better than Oblivion.

If you're focused on rpg mechanics, then yeah, in many ways it was much worse than Oblivion.
Skyrim had just as retarded dialogues as Oblivion and the quests were even dumber than in Oblivion (though I only played it for a few hours, because it was a terrible borefest), it also had no lore whatsoever (only lore-rape, as all post-Bloodmoon TES games).

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Skyrim wasn't that retarded.
It was. It was even more retarded than Oblibion.

It depends on what you're focusing on.

If it's dialogue, lore etc... Then Skyrim was much better than Oblivion.

If you're focused on rpg mechanics, then yeah, in many ways it was much worse than Oblivion.
Skyrim had just as retarded dialogues as Oblivion and the quests were even dumber than in Oblivion (though I only played it for a few hours, because it was a terrible borefest), it also had no lore whatsoever (only lore-rape, as all post-Bloodmoon TES games).

DraQ

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
I don't imagine Bethesda can bring TES and Fallout out of "meh" territory, but they can at least pull them out of F3 and Oblivion level retardation.

In some ways though, "meh" is as much of a slap in the face to fans as full retard.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom