Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PS4 launch titles

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No new Dead or Alive game with enhanced physics ? I'm dissapointed.

Kz3r0

Arcane
tumblr_m95wn8vMg91qa5c1eo1_500.jpg

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Besides many of these next-gen engines they're developing - guess what - are running on the PC. And then they port it back to consoles once they get Beta/final SDKs.

Just compare the UE4 demo. They had to dumb down the PS4 version already.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
All these were running on a dev PC and are not final, even if they are real time. Let's wait for actual screenshots please. Killzone looks very on target though, and to my eyes not much better than Crysis 3 on PC anyway.

Tehdagah

Arcane
All these were running on a dev PC and are not final, even if they are real time. Let's wait for actual screenshots please. Killzone looks very on target though, and to my eyes not much better than Crysis 3 on PC anyway.
Partially, yes.

wb299f.gif

Lol.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Just wake me up if there is another good Valkyria Chronicles only for the PS4. Though it probably would be dumbed down shit so meh.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
image_killzone_shadow_fall-21476-2660_0001.jpg

Ugliest futuristic city. Boxes, boxes everywhere

DeepOcean

Arcane
I'm really not impressed by those screenshots, Witcher 2 and Crysis 3 on max have better graphics, those next gen developers forgot how to use colors, I can only see washed out colors and brown/grey everywhere.

Commander Xbox

Learned
Yep, and the pc crowd will need 6x times the pc power to run shitty ports, so don't try to play ps4 games without two gtx titans 6gb 8 core i7 and 32gb ram :M

hahaah this

enjoy upgrading a shitload of hardware to play poorly optimized console ports pc fags

Now that both consoles are x86 architecture with standard AMD processors and videocards it's pretty much a given that ports will be at least half decent. Will be humorous to see them better optimized for AMD over Intel/Nvidia though. AMD is still so shitty that it shouldn't matter though.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
You must be blind then eh ?

Next gen titles have CGI quality graphics.
All the PS4 launch titles were running on PCs with "similar" hardware to the PS4. Watch Dogs was just straight up the PC version running maxed out. The most impressive games shown were pre-rendered "target renders" made to look like gameplay, though some developers purposely chose to muddy the waters by not stating that outright and suggesting the final games would look that way. Unreal Engine 4 tech demo had details removed from the PC demo shown last year and was running at 720p, not 1080p, and was probably the most faithful "gameplay" video.

Don't expect the PS4 to run those games at an internal 4k resolution framebuffer and then downsample to 1080p + 32x AA as well, like all those screenshots are rendered at. Also note that final games won't look as good as tech demos because the tech demos aren't running on a system sharing resources with the operating system, and aren't handling any AI/physics/gameplay logic at the same time either.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Can't wait for the lulzworthy Xbox presentation.

Lot's of stupid Kinect dancing & jumping, crispy buzz words and selling living room hardware gimmicks as the second coming!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom