Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Project Silkworm (from a indie)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
My point was using Pathfinder as a character system for whatever game you're making ;)

Apexeon

Arcane
What this like old boy, does the base commander get to participate in the mission or is it just the crew recruited?

You roll your 6 main recruits stats including yours (pick your perks, stats, weapons, spells etc...). Additional recruits beyond the core team are hired like Xcom. You will be 1 of the first 6 and must live (at the moment in the design).

For example below your starting castle is some old artefacts that have become active. Your first optional mission is to
go down below into the caves to collect and investigate.

Below your team is leaving the bat cave (your front door to the Fortress). Your fortress will come under attack as well just like in Xcom.

03-Cave-Bridge-1Aa.jpg

These Crystals contain spells and data. You take them back to base to research and power your base/air ships.
This art is for the first optional mission.

05-Tomb-Of-Seronus.jpg

Last edited:

Apexeon

Arcane
No sorry change of plan.

Your first mission is to Milk 20 cows for farmer Bob in full 3D FPS glory with pixel perfect cow tits.
Because I know they turn ya on.

DLC content is you get to milk the Bull for $50.

Apexeon

Arcane
I wrote that post a long ass time ago befor anyone knew what project you were doing homie ;)

I have been out of the pen and paper loop for a while.
All this wine I have been out of it for a while, I am like a ******* pickle.

Games I have Played

D&D Warriors of the eternal sun: Yes (RIP sega)
Shadow Run SNES: yes
Ishar 1&2 (Finished 1 and got stuck on the ear door in #2 :( )
MOO and Mom: Yes for the last 20 years on and off (we break up then make up).
Xcom 1994 and Terror from the deep: Yes (only played these 2 the rest can burn)
Eye of the Beholder 1&2 yes
Fallout (the real deal) yes
BG 2: yes
PST: yes
IWD: 1 yes (5 times I dig the art and music)
Arena Eldar scrolls. Yes once (what a action game and I finished it!!!).

Daggerfall. No (well about 10 minutes then I got attacked by a blue screen)
Morrowwind. No
Oblivion. No
Skyrim. No

Fallout 3. Hell No
Dragon age. Nope
The FPS known as Mass effect. Nope
Other Shovelware Crpg/3D fps games trying to cash in. Nope

A large chunk of modern games I have not touched.

Tempted by Grimrock 2, very tempted but waiting for Grimoire !

Last edited:

Apexeon

Arcane
My thoughts on Rpg's in general is I hate hit points. Hit point sponges are lame.
wtf is 25 million hit points. I watch WOW (world of wanking) and its like a herd of kids raping a 3D piñata in a raid.

I prefer real effects and stuff going missing. When a 2 handed sword lands 100% on a mage in cloth you will find two pieces on the screen in this game. Or maybe 3 if ya sword master is creative.
Deadly blow "yes", down the middle "yes", 2 hand sword = activate the 2 parts animation.

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
My thoughts on Rpg's in general is I hate hit points. Hit point sponges are lame.
I watch WOW and its like a herd of kids raping a 3D piñata in a raid.

I prefer real effects and stuff going missing. When a 2 handed sword lands 100% on a mage in cloth you will find two pieces on the screen in this game.
Deadly blow "yes", down the middle "yes", 2 hand sword = activate the 2 parts animation.
15904.jpg

Apexeon

Arcane
Arda up. Prototype built in 2.5 hours.

Tweaking.

06-Arch-A1sS2.jpg

First crack.

06-Arch-A1s.jpg

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Don't you know you can just remove that center ring and adra will keep it standing?

Apexeon

Arcane
The first battle occurs in the one grid and the final one as well.
The grid is used for the world map and the base map. The grid is where the development team will live.
If not I will just make the board game version ;).

Its fantasy Xcom (tactical turn based combat) with the strategic impact of losing members of the team
and managing resources (team, equipment, base) each turn.

001-Grid-Test-1a.jpg

09-D-gate-1a.jpg

Last edited:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
FFS, that's not how you make jokes, kids. That was meant to be "Twine" and I didn't type the "T".

Anyway, the environments are pretty, are you planning on any animated elements? Water, clouds, mist etc.

Apexeon

Arcane
FFS, that's not how you make jokes, kids. That was meant to be "Twine" and I didn't type the "T".

Anyway, the environments are pretty, are you planning on any animated elements? Water, clouds, mist etc.

Yes. Should show up soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom