Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project New Jersey (codename)

Ausir

Arcane
Obsidian's Unreal Engine game

This is the comments thread for <A HREF="/gamedetails.php?id=330">Project New Jersey (codename)</A>

A cancelled game by Obsidian Entertainment. It was going to use the Unreal Engine.

corvax

Augur
as another jersey resident i also feel obligated to see what this one's about
is there any other info on it besides what's mentioned here?

wizard

Liturgist
hussar said:
as another jersey resident i also feel obligated to see what this one's about
is there any other info on it besides what's mentioned here?
Yeah, it is a console-game. And Obsidian doesn't currently have plans to port it to PC...but you never know.. :)

Vykromond

Scholar
As a Jersey resident, I now have scores of reasons to stay far, far away from this game. I don't know what the fuck these other people are on about.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
As a sometimes wearer of Jerseys (when it gets really really cold), I must tell my Gran that there is a game in development that she may like.
But firstly, how many new Jersey's will she be able to knit with it, and is it machine knit compatible?

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Why call it New Jersey? Does that mean it's going to stink and people are going to make fun of it? What a fucking joke.

corvax

Augur
Country_Gravy said:
Why call it New Jersey? Does that mean it's going to stink and people are going to make fun of it? What a fucking joke.

jersey doesn't stink...as much as it used to. would you prefer project oregon? that would be even worse

Rulion

Liturgist
I'd enjoying playing a game where I could battle the sludge monsters of the Passaic River. Or giants with tumors growing out of their heads in the Toms River section.

obediah

Erudite
Spazmo said:
It's probably an Aqua Teen Hunger Force game.

Don't even joke about that, I think ATHF is in a state of decline even worse than computer RPGs.

Maybe they'll make a Tom goes to the Mayor game that comes with a hammer you can use to break in your skull when you want the horror to stop.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
I don't think Obsidian has confirmed console exclusive status. Thats just speculation and rumors. Though I think it was described as being a next generation game... Obsidian has a forum for this project, and people there tend to think it will be released on a console, though considering the state of the PC RPG market thats no surprise. Anyways, the forum has almost no information about the game. Though if it console exclusive, I'm all for dumping coverage of it.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
OK, someone help me out, I'm a bit confused.

Wikipedia says that Project New Jersey got cancelled, though it's lacking a source. The article also mentions Project Georgia, which is supposed to use UE 3 is well. Could anyone enlighten me on this matter? Was Project New Jersey cancelled, or maybe it mutated into Project Georgia?

Dagon

Scholar
Lestat said:
OK, someone help me out, I'm a bit confused.

Wikipedia says that Project New Jersey got cancelled, though it's lacking a source. The article also mentions Project Georgia, which is supposed to use UE 3 is well. Could anyone enlighten me on this matter? Was Project New Jersey cancelled, or maybe it mutated into Project Georgia?

As far as I know New Jersey was canceled.
Project Georgia is completely different game, that was in preproduction in the same time as PNJ. PG is game made for Sega, probably the rumored Modern (CIA) Thriller RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom