Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Project: Exodus announced

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Phase: Exodus; Russobit-M

Here's the PR bit from <a href="Http://www.russobit-m.ru">Russobit-M</a>:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Finally, after long, hard negotiations, fightings and squabbles Russobit-M is proud to announce - the contract with "Horns & Hoofs" developers studio for publishing the <i>Phase: Exodus</i> RPG was signed.
<br>
<br>
The genre of the game is RPG with a strong strategy element. The action there will take place at the territory of Western Syberia, near Baikal lake - at the near future. The <u>post-apocalyptic setting</u> has to take us in the middle of the conflict between groups of people, which were separated when the great catastrophe took place.
<br>
<br>
"When Earth orbit's form digresses from the ideal circle for more than 1 percent, the gravitation influence upon it increases, drawing the entire planet and its massive ice mountains too. Its great weight presses down the earth's crust, and this pressure in combination with increased tilt of the equator axis makes the crust move..."
<br>
<br>
In 2014, the civilization was destroyed, and the cataclysm had buried all what human's hands were creating for five thousands years of history. In dozens of years, people populated the lands again. But, the new danger was near...
<br>
<br>
The main game features are:
<br>
<br>
<ul><li>realistic <u>sci-fi</u> world</li><li>classical 3rd person view</li><li>quests matrix - the <u>complex of connected quests</u>, partly built with the technology of plot projecting</li><li>APARpS - specially developed role system</li><li>more abilities to interact with the gaming world (entering the house through windows, many kinds of "<u>quiet killing</u>", <u>constructing of weapons and equipment</u>, many tactical solutions, hard <u>social interaction</u>, etc.)</li><li>multiplayer mode</li><li>more than 150 kinds of weapons</li></ul></blockquote>
<br>
<br>
And even though it's not on the list, it's <b>turn based</b>!
<br>

chiefnewo

Liturgist
Sounds almost too good to be true. Hopefully they can finish the game without needing to toss out too many great ideas (or any if we're extra lucky).
You can't get enough turn-based rpgs though, that's for sure.
The "plot-projecting quest system" thing sounds interesting, I wonder exactly what that involves?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Sounds very promissing. Is it just me, or do European, usually Eastern Europe game companies, are going strong with TB games with interesting settings?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, the majority of games I listed in that other thread that are turn based seemed to be mostly Russian or independent. Golden Land, Paradise Cracked, and this one are all Russian based. The only commercial CRPG I can name off the top of my head that's coming from outside the old iron curtian would be Temple of Elemental Evil.

So, until these games start selling well enough for the French owned Western game developers to start making them, I'll just have to love the Russians.

EEVIAC

Erudite
Role-Player said:
Sounds very promissing. Is it just me, or do European, usually Eastern Europe game companies, are going strong with TB games with interesting settings?

Turn-based is the new cool, haven't you heard? Its getting write-up's in The Face to fill the void left by asymetrical hair and stripey clothes. :roll:

Classical 3rd person view.

I'm assuming that means isometric, and if it does, why didn't they just say isometric (translation maybe?) "Classic 3rd Person" could just as easily mean Tomb Raider style. Also, "hard social interaction" from the publisher of Erotic Games is kind of scary.

Fishka

Novice
Also, "hard social interaction" from the publisher of Erotic Games is kind of scary.

We have a lot of other games which have good communication side, such as Golden Land or Xenus - why have you noticed only erotic ones? :P

EEVIAC

Erudite
Fishka said:
We have a lot of other games which have good communication side, such as Golden Land or Xenus - why have you noticed only erotic ones? :P

I was just being a boner.

Seriously, I hope everything goes well for you - "quests matrix - the complex of connected quests, partly built with the technology of plot projecting" in particular intrigues me. I'm looking forward to both Golden Land and Xenus as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom