Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #20: Screenshot! Lore! Stronghold and Another Big City!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just want more Fallout type games is all:(

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...rid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=194#post408436623

Josh Sawyer said:
NihilCredo posted:

That screenshot is really pretty, but it cannot be one of the actual in-game backgrounds, not for an isometric game, the perspective is too skewed.

For open exterior environments, we are experimenting with using a lower camera angle, similar to what's found in Fallout and Fallout 2. The advantage is that tall vertical elements can be seen in greater detail. I don't know the exact angles for the BG/IWD renders vs. Fallout, but we rendered the scene from both angles and it looks much better when it's at the "Fallout" (15 degrees lower) angle.

M:

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
After seeing the screenshot :

19-f1209_042151.jpg

Pegultagol

Erudite
Guess it's 'cavalier oblique' then :smug:

Yeah, I don't care much for deformation myself but just stood out at the back of my mind from having seen unity tech demos. like swaying trees and the like, given that I am being a graphic whore but just on the account of this amazing graphics reveal, which the artists don't have to animate by hand if possible.

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I think if the KS can get close enough to the 3 million number Obsidian might fub the paypal numbers and say it was reached. Well I can hope.

Cynic

Arcane
Statues look like something has been ripped out of their torsos. Souls perhaps? (disclaimer, have not read the Lore update)

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
This ToEE artwork is interesting me.

Maybe I should give it a go.

And maybe I was a little premature in forming a judgement of PE from one piece of artwork.

I just want more Fallout type games is all:(
if you want anything resembling a story on the level of...anything... don't bother with ToEE.

If all you care about is turn based cock stroking that makes even the most basic of rat encounters seem like hours then this game is your wet dream.

its real purdy tho, i'll give it that.

Malpercio

Arcane
It'll definitely reach the 3m goal, but 3.5? That's going to be a little harder...

But eh, 2 cities like Athkatla. I can't even image how awesome it would be.

Cynic

Arcane
No way they are getting 800k bucks in 5 days. Prove me wrong interwebz.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well they are at about 2.75 million with paypal right now, and today they've got $112,407 so far. If it keeps up like this and we se a huge spike in the last day or so, it might happen but yeah probably not

XenomorphII

Prophet
Well they are at about 2.75 million with paypal right now, and today they've got $112,407 so far. If it keeps up like this and we se a huge spike in the last day or so, it might happen but yeah probably not
Where are they releasing they paypal numbers?

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think 3.5+ is possible, the last couple days usually brings another flurry of backers, the kicktraq has already gone up a bit too.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom