Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Profeshunal opinion on Legends of Aranna

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna

<a href=http://www.gamershell.com>Gamers Hell</a> posted this <a href=http://www.gamershell.com/reviews_DungeonSiegeLegendsofAra.shtml>review</a> of <b>Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna</b> giving it <b>7.3</b> overall.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Dungeon Siege used to be a little more RPG than Diablo 2, but in this expansion it seems as if there are fewer differences between the two games. I played more Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction than I thought was humanly possible for the sole sake of loot. D2: LOD’s items and system of randomly dropping items was addictive to say the least, because statistically you could get any item if you just played long enough, and that’s what a lot of people did. In Diablo 2 you had normal, magical, rare, set, and unique items. In DS: Legends of Aranna the idea of set items has been added, meaning you can collect for instance four items in a set, and get progressively better bonuses as you equip more and more. The item dropping isn’t random, so it’s far from as addictive as the older counterpart. Secondly, when adventuring you’ll sometimes see glowing chests, and set items always seem to pop out. I guess this is convenient, but in my opinion it takes away much of the fun. However, set items aren’t the only items you’ll need, so you will have to smash a humongous number of crates, boxes, and so on – just in case something useful drops. It’s been a while since I played the original Dungeon Siege, but it seems to me as if this gameworld is practically littered with breakable boxes and such. Actually, I dare say a good portion of the time spent playing the game is put to breaking things, looking for useful items, managing items in the party, and selling whatever you don’t need. This can be good to some extent, but it definitely gets old.</blockquote>
<br>
I guess breaking boxes is a good thing here, I mean, what else is there to do? I was surprised though that the reviewer seems to think that DS is a better RPG then D2 and that LoA introduced "the idea of set items", but you can't argue with <i>teh profeshunals</i>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPG Dot</A>

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom