Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Problem watching Starcraft replays

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Is there a mod or something that I'm not aware of? Sometimes when I watch replays the players won't do anything and eventually a bunch of worker units will just sit around like they aren't being given proper orders and such.

Atrokkus

Erudite
It's caused by version conflict. In warcraft3 the game just wont allow you to load a replay recorded in another game version, while in Starcraft you can load any replay in any version. However, if the version of the replay and the game version differ a lot (not just bug fixes but serious gameplay overhauls, stat changes etc) then it won't work. Solution?
The universal patcher (made by Russian Starcraft enthusiasts) - download it here.
I'm pretty sure it works with everything, and can easily apply *all* patches (up to the latest 1.14) and then load it (no cracks here, he extracts and loads the original patched .exe). So you can easily switch between versions. You just have to know which version the replay is recorded for.

EDIT: Oh rats, the old link is broken. HERE's the working one. Just press the button there.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
That's strange, I've got 1.14 and the games I'm watching are listed as 1.14. How do I find out what the real version is (so I know which version to switch to)?

Kraszu

Prophet
You need wgt launcher it has some plug in whit it, I think that one of them record chat into replay making it impossible to watch it without it. When you play whit wgt launcher and your opponent have it also it protects from cheating.

Kraszu

Prophet
No game crush when somebody abused bug something connected whit drone and hath. When you record replay using wgt launcher you need it to watch it period, but those that were made not using wgt laucher work when you use it.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Thanks Kraszu that launcher worked. Though now I'm wishing I could turn off the chat box...hard to pay attention to what is going on with asians spamming the chat box.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I've started running into the problem again, with some replays. But most work now (and every once in a while I will load a replay and the screen will go black and never load. Re-installing the viewer fixes it, though). Usually I get replays from gosugamers.net but I'll check that site out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom