Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview article of Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Erzherzog

Magister
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/09 ... -vehicles/

Pro: Vehicles confirmed

Con: "Streamlining" mentioned often.

Pro: It's actually sounding much more complex than Red Orchestra: Ostfront 44's tank combat.

Highlights: More damageable components on a tank, interior fully rendered and interactive, shots can penetrate and kill single crew members.

Development team is apparently arguing over whether or not to add vehicle repairs.

Tripwire promising to add post release content, but unlike everyone else it won't be DLC. In the past Tripwire has often added plenty of content in the form of free patches for their games and it looks like they promise to continue.

is2.gif

Erzherzog

Magister
I think it's Unreal Engine 3, I know the first one was on Unreal Engine 2 because Tripwire won the contest that let them have full use of that engine...

deshields538

Scholar
I'm pumped for this. Love playing Ostfront and can't wait for this. And that dev has the same favourite WW2 tank as me! Love the Panther in Ostfront and in general. I hope it's the first new vehicle they add in after release.

deshields538

Scholar
WTF? Wiki says its release date is Q3 2011. I could have sworn that I'd seen it slated for a release in Q3 2010. Did it get delayed or was it just wishful thinking on my part?

Erzherzog

Magister
The 2011 date is the first one I've heard, all else was speculation.

Game is taken a ridiculous amount of time to develop, but honestly is looking solid. Not 100% what I wish for but I realize some concessions are made for mainstream gamers.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tank battles in RO are disaster.

I'm looking forward to infantry (or infantry + few vehicles) battles.

So far what I've seen about HoS gives me mixed feelings though but idk much. I'll read preview later.

entertainer

Arbiter
dont know what could you streamline about vehicles, it was as basic as it gets in ro, but nice ideas

for me the only worry is all the ranks, medals, unlocks, heroes and similar crap

entertainer

Arbiter
Reject_666_6 said:
Wikipedia page said:
The game will contain many new features including a new first person cover system combined with blind firing

That sounds pretty popamole-ish.

from gameplay videos it looks really nice, not that much popamole and you can use it anywhere not just on placed cover

anyway taking cover with bullet penetration and destructable objects is gonna be a bitch

Exmit

Scholar
RO 1 is not popamole
RO 2 will be no different

RO 2 is what devs wanted to do with RO 1 but didin't have the funds back then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom