Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pretti! Interface-graphics

AZ

Liturgist
Just change the color to a darker shade, and use nearly white text.

Thrym

Novice
I'm gunna hafta to go with a darker interface, if you're going to do nothing at all, just darken it up some. It's just hard on the eyes to have a brighter background than the text.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Worse than the original. The font is incompatible with the background, and too bright. Maybe if the background was darker you could use pure white, but not right now. Also, maybe you should consider using a different font in general.

Edit: After looking at both old and new at once I would reconsider and say that this is about 5% better, but not quite eye-friendly. But then again, I do think this is a personal matter of taste.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Thanks for your feedback! Does this look better?

About the font, it´s just a placeholder, trying to look the same as the original one.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Exceptional. MUCH better. But remember, that's subjective. Of course the icons would need to contrast more with the new background, but it's a large step into the correct direction.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can't say I like it. The wooden background is too similar to the wooden floor in the gameworld. The UI shouldn't blend in with the gameworld like that. It looks like the UI is camouflaged.
Also, the borders don't mesh with the background, and while the shadows on the icons are a nice touch, I feel that stylistically the icons don't fit with the background.
The new UI doesn't look like an entity, it looks like random elements thrown together.

I'd just like to see the icon shadows on the original UI.

spacemoose

Erudite
seconding. that ui looks great, Elhoim. one suggestion - make the icons monotone, then they will stand out more.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
This is the GUI I showed off a while back.

testgui2.jpg

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think some new icons might be nice, what is the third one from the left? Stand on your tippytoes to try and look taller or reach something from a high shelf? Fifth is to go duckpin bowling? And what is that strange box in the right corner?

:P

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Call me crazy but I like the GUI as is, but then again I'm not a superficial bitch. Or I am? Who cares, I'm going to go play Halo 2!!!!!!

Severian Silk

Here's my idea:

I opted for a two-tone textiles look. Originally, I wanted the darker fabric to lap over the lighter fabric, sort of like overlapping floor rugs. But, I didn't know how to do that in Paint Shop so I added the stitches instead.

spacemoose

Erudite
that looks pretty fancy, but it needs some kind of border between the 'world screen' and the interface.

Mantra_n

Novice
ok how about this? icons still need work, and sorry about the diablo font lol didn't have anything else that fit the theme.

aodinterfaceke7.jpg

spacemoose

Erudite
TREMENDOUS WIN that looks very professional. it is so good in fact that I have a sneaking suspicion that you nabbed that from some existing game

only thing I would chage is the font - too diablo-ey

Mantra_n

Novice
yeah i like the existing font they got in aod, and no lol this isn't from any existing game this is all just made in ps with some free textures and a little bit of time.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Yeahm I like this last one a lot. the second wood is good, too - I realize now the lame font is a lot of the problem with the original. Looks far too modern. The diablo font is a bit much, but it is still better than the old one by far.

jeansberg

Liturgist
Both Mantra's and Elhoim's suggestions are really good. In a way the existing AOD interface looks like a relic from the game's 2d origins.

Nedrah

Erudite
Hm,
I guess looking at the wooden one (which I suspect might have a very different effect in a different scene of the game - one without wooden floors) and the second one (which rocks hard, not considering the diablo font) VD would have to notice that using one of those suggestions would indeed be valuable to the game.

right?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
So, isn't it obvious there should be a 600 MB bonus interface pack available for download for registered users of the game?

BTW, Mantra - good job! I especially like the icons.

Nedrah

Erudite
Yeah,
while you're at it you could make the lighthing system available to registered users only, too.
Oh, and crossbows. And cloth.

MountainWest

Scholar
Having looked at them I have to say:

Original: Too clean and too bright.

Elhoim: Better, but still to clean. I don't get a post-apoc-vibe from it. It's too "happy".

Mantra_N: This one I loved at first glance. Then it started to bug me. I don't like the transition between the gameworld and the interface. It doesn't fit. What about using something like that game on the first page with green, cracked marble or whatever it is (the last suggestion)? Not cracked marble, but perhaps crumbling stone or something. Could be just me though.

Then the glowing icons started to annoy me. They're too magicky. They remind me of something, but I can't remember what. Anyhow, I don't get an post-apoc-vibe from them.

I do like how the crossbow almost crumbles into to the background.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
It´s funny that it ended looking like wood, as it is darkened marble.

Mantra´s one looks very good! Mine was only a small retexture with small changes. I see if I can do a complete overhaul!

What do you think it would be a good theme? I might go the roman columns way...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom