Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Praise the Lord!

Rhalle

Magister
Online browser MMO resource-manager/city-builder/turn-based combat, now in open beta.

Haven't tried but it actually doesn't look bad :

http://www.bibleonlinegame.com/

2.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

See you in the Sinai.

Rhalle

Magister
Dire Roach said:
Is it possible to pull an early holocaust on the Jews in this game?

Pretty much a deal breaker if the answer is no.

Perhaps you can play as Antiochus IV of the Seleucid Empire and get a diplomatic win early.

deuxhero

Arcane
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
There's no way Christians can make a good game.

I counter point with Sandy Peterson (ignore the exteremly girly name), co author of Call of Cthulhu, level designer for Doom, Doom 2 and Quake, and part of the (Sid Meier's) Pirates's team.

The idea of a bronze age TBS is neat. Too bad it's (as said above), Evony with bible quotes instead of non-appearing busty women.

Baron

Arcane
It's a good thing they built their game around The Bible itself, thereby permitting all the fun and excitement of war, child rape, pillage, and turn-to-salt special attacks of one's religious rivals.

I don't know why I expected Christians to build a game around their actual namesake, whose central tenents were about peace and helping the poor. Christians are always condemning society and proclaiming a superior way of life, but nup. Their vision of Earth is a 4x conquest sim.

The top image said it best...

Faith --
Cash 100%

:rpgcodex:

DraQ

Arcane
deuxhero said:
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
There's no way Christians can make a good game.

I counter point with Sandy Peterson (ignore the exteremly girly name), co author of Call of Cthulhu, level designer for Doom, Doom 2 and Quake, and part of the (Sid Meier's) Pirates's team.
There is no way overt christians can make a good game.

I'll counter with "Legacy", a UT'99 SP campaign by EZKeel (before he deconverted), which was just painful, and not due to lack of skill or ideas on his part.

Admittedly, the guy is a rather lousy mapper, but it was not his mapping nor visuals that killed this mappack, and he is perfectly capable of really cool code and decent gameplay.

Baron

Arcane
Thanks for that, ha. What a gem of a find.

This is a good idea for a game, but things started getting weird. First of all, it's built on an engine created for wrestling games and is very violent and bloody.

And then there's the teachings that Jesus gives. While most of it is taken straight out of the Bible, complete with references so you can read the unabridged version, there was all sorts of weird stuff that was tacked on, like how He kept talking about meditation, "gurus", and "karma", or how I should concentrate on my spine to generate spiritual energy called "prana" and focus it on the right branch of the central chamber of the 3rd "chakra" to be able to levitate or transform matter at the molecular level or whatever. That stuff isn't in the Bible... I checked.

Also, numerous times Jesus referred to God as a woman! What's up with that?

And it's a free download! I'm going to check it out tomorrow. I too want to approach Jesus as if to hug him but punch him in the face with a metal spike.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom