Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poster Child contest is OVAH!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Encore Software; Silent Storm

That's right, if you haven't already sent in an entry for the <A href="http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=90">Be a Silent Storm Poster Child contest</a>, it's too late now! We had 23 posters submitted, 9 contestants, and only <b>3</b> can win!
<br>
<br>
You can always take a gander at the <A href="http://www.rpgcodex.com/gallery.php?game=silentstorm_contest">Gallery of Posters</a> in the meantime while I decide on the winners. Do a little speculating on who the three might be.
<br>
<br>
Big thanks to all the talented people who submitted entries!
<br>

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Aight, my picks.

Zombra:

• "Feeling Inadequate"
    "Games are in Danger"

Greenskin13:

• "Der Soldat"
    "The Dirty Half Dozen"

JJ86:

• "Storm Approaches"

Lance's "No Enemy" poster is also nice.

And what about those posters from that Role-Player chap, eh, eh? :lol:

Greenskin13

Erudite
That's five, mate.

My picks (besides my own) would be Zombra's "Games are in danger" Lance's "No Enemy" and Axel's "Dreamer" because I like Ramos.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hahaha, glad you guys like "Games are in Danger". I think it's pretty ridiculous myself. But maybe that's the appeal. Thanks.

Seems a little weird to me to state our opinions before the official judge has decided*, but when in Rome ... If I were running this thing, after giving three copies to that brilliant Zombra person I'd declare "Dirty Half Dozen", "Pulling the Strings", and "No Enemy" to be the winners, and I'd be damned thankful that I didn't have to rank them as First, Second, and Third Prize.

Dudes, Lance did like actual art! Give up the props!

I just realized that a lot of "Dirty Half Dozen"'s appeal is that it looks like an old style movie lobby card. Cool.

Oh yeah, honorable mention to "This Man". And extra special super mention to "Avenge". I lolled. But it was pretty unclear what form that vengeance would take ... revenge vs. the Russians by joining up with them against the Nazis? Or are you supposed to play as the Nazis and fight the Russians along with the US? Actually this confusion makes it even funnier.

* [reads Saint_P's first post] I'm an idiot.

Human Shield

Augur
A few of those are mostly art taken from actual WW2 posters with added text, the old posters probably aren't copyrighted but I thought the posters should work within the game-world.

axel

Liturgist
If the dirty half dozen one wins I will be forced to murder people. How could you honestly win a S^2 contest by using an ad slogan for Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines? IT GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING S^2 STANDS FOR AND I WILL MURDER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP OR WHEN YOU ARE AWAKE, OR PERHAPS DAY DREAMING!1oneuno

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good point axel. Myself, I am not a lyrics person; I am more of a groovy rhythm and/or bizarre licks type of person. I don't care if the poster makes sense. I think it looks cool. Perhaps Saint_P will not be so forgiving.

And anyway I think we can all agree that bloodshed makes for good story. Conflict builds character, etc. So if you end up going on a killing spree, I think it will be a good thing for the contest as a whole.

Zombra

Patron
Human Shield said:
A few of those are mostly art taken from actual WW2 posters with added text, the old posters probably aren't copyrighted but I thought the posters should work within the game-world.
Cool thought. You & GS13 both seemed to be going for the "in engine" approach, and that was all that was up when I caught wind of the contest, so I thought I was gonna stand out as a cool, creative nonconformist by using historical poster art. Little did I know.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Zombra said:
Human Shield said:
Cool thought. You & GS13 both seemed to be going for the "in engine" approach, and that was all that was up when I caught wind of the contest, so I thought I was gonna stand out as a cool, creative nonconformist by using historical poster art. Little did I know.

I prefer a mix of both methods, hsitorical poster and in-game graphics :wink:

Greenskin13

Erudite
axel said:
IT GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING S^2 STANDS FOR AND I WILL MURDER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP OR WHEN YOU ARE AWAKE, OR PERHAPS DAY DREAMING!1oneuno

Hey, that would be rather interesting. I'd be playing SS when suddenly a rabid man stabs me to death....

But I'd still win.

And I really wanted to do a real dirty dozen, but the Germans didn't have a full team. If I did have the full game, I would have done a baker's dozen.

Human Shield

Augur
I didn't think we were subposed to use outside sources but it seems a google image search made the difference for winning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom