Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post some underrated FPS

Phelot

Arcane
Here's my entry: The Wheel of Time!

Great music and atmosphere. All around great use of the Unreal Engine. Combat was entertaining enough though it was typically one on one. Really fun spells. I believe it got good reviews, but I don't remember hearing too much about it when it was released.

section-wot-vault.jpg

wot_790screen003.jpg

Raapys

Arcane
Wheel of Time isn't really all that great.

I'd say Strife. Heck, it's pratically an RPG, considering you've got dialog, some choices and about as much character development as our favorite next-gen RPGs.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Target
I remember having a lot of fun when playing it with my cousin on split screen.
It had stats and weapon usability depending on them.

There were some wicked weapons like a sniper rifle, a minigun, mines and guided bombs on wheels with cameras.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Undying, Riddick EFBB and Painkiller are generally underrated but they are praised for the most part here in the codex. But Strife, yes, that game was highly underrated. And No-one lives forever wasn't underrated, I think it was declared game of the year and was ,more or less, successful.

Rise of the Triad was also pretty much underrated.

Phelot

Arcane
I've played Strife. Great game and great LP Ghostdog!

I tried getting Rise of the Triad to work in the past but failed. Is it a DOS game?

Am getting Cryostasis and gonna try PRey as well

Isn't No one Lives Forever a James Bond game except with some woman? I remember it when it was released, what was so great about it?

Thanks for the suggestions folks, keep em coming.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
phelot said:
Isn't No one Lives Forever a James Bond game except with some woman? I remember it when it was released, what was so great about it?

Play it NOW! You clearly know only the barest outlines of what NOLF is about, which means you are in for one hell of a treat. NOLF is one of the best FPSs ever made.

"Do you know why I have called one of the world's deadliest assassins to me?"
"Is it because you want me to kill someone?"

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
phelot said:
I tried getting Rise of the Triad to work in the past but failed. Is it a DOS game?

Yeah, it was supposed to be a sequel to Wolfenstein 3D. The best way to play it today, if you do not want to use DOSBox, is to get WinROTT.

Cassidy

Arcane
Shadow Warrior. Not sure if it's truly underrated though. It's essentially about a Duke Nukem with slanted eyes.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
phelot said:
I've played Strife. Great game and great LP Ghostdog!

Am getting Cryostasis and gonna try PRey as well

Thanks for the suggestions folks, keep em coming.

NOLF is great all around. Good FPS, good missions, good maps, good story with awesome humor, multiple ways to deal with stuff.

ROTT has been released/ported for winxp I think.

Cryostasis was pretty boring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom