Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Portal 2

neger

• Masterpiece - GOTY, all years!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very good - anyone who liked the first will love this.

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Good - but nothing special.

• Disappointing.

• Banal, shit, boring.

• Total voters

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Anyone played it yet?

Extremely bored, no torrents, considering buying.

ortucis

Prophet
I haven't even played the first one yet.

But then again, after sitting through HL2 and L4D I am not going to spend any money on Valve's games. So yeah, never going to play Shmortal 2.

Gerrard

Arcane
I haven't played it.
I don't plan to.
But this being the first thing I saw when I launched steam was enough to help me decide.
157ge1h.jpg

E: Oh yeah, and that fucking thing in Audiosurf helped too.

ortucis

Prophet
Gerrard said:
I haven't played it.
I don't plan to.
But this being the first thing I saw when I launched steam was enough to help me decide.
157ge1h.jpg

E: Oh yeah, and that fucking thing in Audiosurf helped too.

The same PC GAMER that said DA2 is the BEST RPG EVAR!!

Yeah, they call every fucking game BEST GAME EVER to get exclusives. Bunch of cunts.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, fuck. It seems like every time I look forward to a game it ends up being shit.

I was seriously considering buying this. I'll probably still torrent it, just to see for myself.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is it the second coming then? So next gen its gonna blow your mind? Worth 49.99 euros?

Whats wrong with you people and your expetations?
Since the first one came out you knew that you were getting same game, just prettier, easier, more polished. Its a first person gimmick puzzle game, how fucking AWESOME can it be? What AWESOME and revolutionary features this game have that makes it worth its hype? As a 10$ gimmick puzzle lunchbreak timewaster it could be awesome, but as a 50 euro full game on its own its just a ripoff and nowhere worth its price. I'll get it when the price is same as those games in that potato sack, its not worth a cent more.

Peter

Arcane
5 out of an estimated 7 or 8 hours in.

Game is short, cash shop is shit and if you didn't enjoy the first one, surprise, surprise, you won't like this one. It's basically a bigger and better version of the first game. I liked the first, so I'm having fun with this as well.

Difficulty seems to ramp up more quickly and, while still short, it's two or three times longer than Portal 1. Voice work is great, but story and writing could use some work. J.K. Simmons is underused. The Source engine is aged, but the good atmosphere makes up for the lack of technical prowess for me.

Voted for the third option. Probably not worth it at it's current price. Recommended torrent if you don't care about the multiplayer (which I haven't tried yet).

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Markman said:
Is it the second coming then? So next gen its gonna blow your mind? Worth 49.99 euros?

Whats wrong with you people and your expetations?
Since the first one came out you knew that you were getting same game, just prettier, easier, more polished. Its a first person gimmick puzzle game, how fucking AWESOME can it be? What AWESOME and revolutionary features this game have that makes it worth its hype? As a 10$ gimmick puzzle lunchbreak timewaster it could be awesome, but as a 50 euro full game on its own its just a ripoff and nowhere worth its price. I'll get it when the price is same as those games in that potato sack, its not worth a cent more.

I don't know who started throwing the term "second coming" around, but I expected something similar to the original in terms of gameplay and value. The original was something like $15 and had about 4-5 hours of gameplay in the main story, so for $45 I would've expected around 12-15 hours of gameplay, plus extras, at the very least.

Peter

Arcane
Hasn't that always been the case in Australia? It sucks, yeah, but it's nothing out of the ordinary, is it?

KalosKagathos

Learned
The first one was way too easy and not particularly funny. I have absolutely no intention of getting the sequel.

Hahaohwow.jpg

I bet this is gonna bite them in the ass big time. A few retards actually buying that crap wont outweigh everyone else getting pissed at Valve and buying less shit on steam.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I knew to steer well clear of this because $50 for something that would most likely only be "more of the same" is WAY TOO MUCH.

But this? Plus the retardation with the cash shop and game length? This makes TF2 look normal.

This makes any potential "sequel" for L4D be named L$D.

But worst of all - think of what this will do for HL2: Ep 3.

All the (non-)clothing opportunities for Alyx... and each one of them for only $2.99.

MetalCraze

Arcane
evdk said:
Destroid said:
WTF? Gestures for $2? What kind of person would buy such a thing?
Skyway. He'll buy them all seven times.

Yes because I'm known for paying for games, let alone buying retarded shit for $2

Try harder, dear moron.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom