Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Porky's Ring: a Squire's Road to Greatness [SL1]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Quick, L, hand me that toy you wanted to try, I will use it as a weapon against this pervert!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Nice, I did not see that one coming. It would appear I too have the humour of a 12 years old.
The amount of fun I'm having fantasizing about Porky's anal desires is definitely worrying.

Incidentally, what does its weapon art does, the Through And Through?
(...no, this is a serious question, don't go there)
Supposedly, it pierces through enemies and should be able to hit additional enemies behind the main target. At my level (with 25 Strength), it also does more damage than a regular R1, and it can be boosted by the Shard of Alexander (with bows, you really need all the damage boosts you can get).

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
29 - Filler episode IV

With our wedding day ruined, L proposes to go back to the club to cheer us up. After a while, a charming stud approaches us, enthralled by L's radiant beauty. He and his wife are swingers, and he makes an indecent proposal. I'm quite unsure about this, but L seems enthusiastic about it, and he swears a night with is wife is a rare occasion.

Moved by L's enthusiasm, I decide to go for it, and leave them to their fun. Thrilled by our transgression, I approach the room where I know a beautiful woman is eagerly waiting for me...

I don't know what that woman did to me, but I'm feeling itches everywhere, and I feel weird down there. Hey you! Come here! Look at what your woman did to my little porkster! Oh, nothing wrong with it, you say? Then taste it! You won't be the first, and you certainly won't be the last, to die clubbed by my pink piggy!

Suddenly, the meds I took before start to kick in. Quick, I can't waste this opportunity! Without thinking about it twice, I grab the first person I see and go to town.

A lot happened tonight. I can't find L anywhere, and the place seems emptier than before. I think I need to be alone with myself for a while. I really need to take a good look at the choices that brought me here.

The voices in my head tell me to get naked before facing my true self, and who am I to tell them no?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I just realized you can jump the crucible knight's tail attack. This changes everything and invalidates anything I've ever done in this game. I wonder how many other jumpable attacks I've missed.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just realized you can jump the crucible knight's tail attack. This changes everything and invalidates anything I've ever done in this game. I wonder how many other jumpable attacks I've missed.

You can jump pretty much anything that looks low like horizontal slashes, ground effects like small spike stomps, etc.

It's actually what bummed me out about the video I eventually posted of my Malenia fight. I had some pretty cool duels with her where I'd dodge and jump things well, only to die stupidly like eating a clone attack when she was nearly dead.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
30 - Damsel in distress

L ran off and I can't find her anywhere. I know it's desperate, but only the gods can help me. I need to seek the mysterious, androgynous god's advice. Who knows how he will react, you know, with me having killed his Dark Lord and all.

24-01.png

Apparently, he doesn't even care. Is it possible... the Dark Lord wasn't his real master? Might there be an even stronger god? No, that would be absurd. But, tell me, how can I find my beloved L?

24-02.png

Yes! She said she had to sort things out. But what things? Why?

24-03.png

I don't know, man. Why won't anyone ever listen to me? What's their problem? Please, you have to help me.

24-04.png

Potion? What potion?

24-05.png

Woah, I'm not date-rape drugging anyone. How could you even suggest that? With these methods... now I understand why they call you the Rogue god.

I'm curious, why are you helping me?

24-06.png

No, I can't believe it... THERE IS another master of all the gods. An entity more powerful than anyone could ever imagine. The Dark Lord was merely a puppet, a diversion to let the one true god rule undisturbed. And now I have to kill him too: he fell in love with my beautiful L and kidnapped her.

I will journey to his home, right in the middle of the east, and I will take back what is mine.

I've been traveling for days now, and there's still no sign of this all-powerful alien god of oracles and information. As if I didn't have enough on my plate already, the evil lich reanimated another one of the corpses I left on my path: boy, he really loves to recycle old enemies, uh?

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
I've been traveling for days now, and there's still no sign of this all-powerful alien god of oracles and information. As if I didn't have enough on my plate already, the evil lich reanimated another one of the corpses I left on my path: boy, he really loves to recycle old enemies, uh?
Nice fight, surely looked a bit tense in places. Did you die using a sacrificial twig before this attempt?
Nice touch to use the bosse's weapon against him too.
rating_salute.gif

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Nice fight, surely looked a bit tense in places. Did you die using a sacrificial twig before this attempt?
No sacrificial twig: you can see there are my runes in the arena and, with the twig, you leave no blood (tree?) pool when you die. I got myself killed because I wisely entered the fight for the first time with an unupgraded weapon. Honestly, it was still doable, but it would have taken far too long. I did use the twig against Rykard, though: I entered the arena the first time just to get the weapon and die, so that I could upgrade it for the rematch.

One thing I love about this boss is that the two main complaints against him are insane. People complain about it being a gank fight, but I still haven't understood how anyone could ever aggro the boss before dealing with the two knights, since in his first phase he just slowly walks in circles around you while the knights run like coke addicts. Then there's the "leg attacks are delayed and unfair", but you can avoid literally all of them by dodging at the same exact moment the leg starts to move towards you.

EDIT: also, this is another fight where I didn't get touched (at least by the boss, the fucking spinning knight got me with his beyblade move).

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
The thing that gets me about this LP is how tanky you can make your SL1 guy. It's nutty.
And I'm not even building towards tankiness. I'm using neither the Great-Jar's Arsenal nor the Dragoncrest Shield Talisman. I'm not even wearing full armor: most of the times, I'm running around only with the chest piece.

At first I was surprised I wasn't getting one-shotted in Leyndell, but I just discovered I can survive hits even in Crumbling Farum Azula.

Andnjord

Arcane
No sacrificial twig: you can see there are my runes in the arena and, with the twig, you leave no blood (tree?) pool when you die. I got myself killed because I wisely entered the fight for the first time with an unupgraded weapon. Honestly, it was still doable, but it would have taken far too long. I did use the twig against Rykard, though: I entered the arena the first time just to get the weapon and die, so that I could upgrade it for the rematch.
Oh, I was saying that due the fact that you still had 30k+ souls banked up. How come?

Agreed on the complaints, even though he definitely threw me out the first time I met him. It's amazing how easier subsequent playthroughs can feel, yesterday, after several days of not having had the mental energy to tackle Demon of Hatred in Sekiro (not stuck, just haven't had the courage to try him) I decided after a having had a couple of beers to do something nice and easy...and play Elden Ring. Went through a bit of Altus, the double Tree Sentinel, Draconic Tree Sentinel and all of Leyendell minus ghost Godfrey, without dieing even once :D

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
It's amazing how easier subsequent playthroughs can feel

I started to figure out the fucky timing on parrying, first with small shield and now with buckler. Haven't retried any of the ash skills yet, but I was having a hell of a time before parrying with everything.
I know it doesn't mean much but, for me, parrying when the weapon starts to move towards you works 99% of the times. So far, it didn't work only against the Godskin Apostle and various minor very quick attacks from random mobs that luckily don't deal much damage.

mediocrepoet

Patron
I know it doesn't mean much but, for me, parrying when the weapon starts to move towards you works 99% of the times.

Yeah, I find that with the small shield, but buckler and other things feel slightly different to me, whether that's in my head or whatever, I'm not sure. Anyway, I think that's solid advice for the small shield which, so far, is my preferred method of actually trying to parry anything.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I know it doesn't mean much but, for me, parrying when the weapon starts to move towards you works 99% of the times.

Yeah, I find that with the small shield, but buckler and other things feel slightly different to me, whether that's in my head or whatever, I'm not sure. Anyway, I think that's solid advice for the small shield which, so far, is my preferred method of actually trying to parry anything.
Buckler and small shields should share the same amount of parry frames (11), but the buckler window is supposed to start sooner (which means it's not only in your head: you have to react a bit later with the buckler). This reddit post says the buckler has more frames, but I'm not buying it. Golden Parry and Carian Retaliation take the best of both worlds (and add a bit more on top of it): they start earlier like the buckler (which is good to react to quick attacks), but also have more parry frames (supposedly 14), which means you're covered even by parrying with the same timing of a small shield. Golden Parry also parries in a non-negligible area in front of you, so you don't have to stick close to the enemy and can better maneuver around him. If you also consider that you can put Golden Parry on a medium shield to get 100% protection against physical attacks, it's clear that's the ultimate parry tool. I guess there's the FP cost, but I've never emptied my starting bar in any bossifight so far, and you can always use the cerulean dagger if you feel paranoid.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
31 - The orange alien one-eyed god

L has been missing for weeks now, maybe months. I can't stop thinking about her, I need to free her from her captor. But how can I defeat the orange alien one-eyed god? He is too powerful, too knowledgeable, too tall. Sure, he only has one eye and he has many enemies, but he is an all-knowing entity, how can I face him? And what will happen once I've killed him? He is the god of oracles and prophets, and the bringer of knowledge and information. How will people learn anything if I kill him? And what if I lose? He is known for his mercy, but also for his love of splitting and merging everything which stands in his path. Oh, L, what can I do?

I can't sleep right. I dream her every night.

25-01.png

Of course I will help you, my love. I won't die without knowing the taste of your Elden Ring. But what will happen to humanity? Who will give us knowledge?

25-02.png

But is it really a sin if it's committed for love? And what did you use to say in bed when I was scared? "It's not a sin if you close your eyes". I will save you, my dear. I can't live without you.

Here he is...

25-03.png

The orange alien god of prophets, standing before me with his all-knowing eye. Your puppet is dead, oh orange god of infinite knowledge, and now it's your turn. My hand might be trembling, but my heart is firm. I'm here to save you, L!

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
The longest fight yet. It's pretty boring, especially after 1:45. I probably could have played it more aggressively, but I was terrified of getting hit because I had no idea of how much damage I would take. Still, another hitless no-sip fight. :positive:

But I now realize I wasted the Moonveil on this guy... my plan was to use it against Maliketh... fuck. I thought I had equipped the Meteoric Ore Blade and the Dragonscale Blade. What makes it even funnier is that using only the Meteoric Ore Blade would have probably resulted in more damage, since he's weaker to slash than magic damage.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
But I now realize I wasted the Moonveil on this guy... my plan was to use it against Maliketh... fuck. I thought I had equipped the Meteoric Ore Blade and the Dragonscale Blade. What makes it even funnier is that using only the Meteoric Ore Blade would have probably resulted in more damage, since he's weaker to slash than magic damage.
Excellent, your mind unconsciously forced you to get rid of an uncouth and ungentlemanly weapon, I see no downsides to this development. :smug:

Fire Giant is a weird one, he's probably one of the bosses that I hated the most when fighting him, but then he became one of my favourites to coop for, despite a very high rate of hosts casualties or them apparently having no idea how the fight functionned.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Patron
The longest fight yet. It's pretty boring, especially after 1:45. I probably could have played it more aggressively, but I was terrified of getting hit because I had no idea of how much damage I would take. Still, another hitless no-sip fight. :positive:

Are you just doing the critical path or are you doing any optional stuff like Mohgwyn Palace and Haligtree? Just curious because that's where you're going to start getting one shotted by trash. (Waaah optional end game areas aren't actually optional...)

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Are you just doing the critical path or are you doing any optional stuff like Mohgwyn Palace and Haligtree? Just curious because that's where you're going to start getting one shotted by trash. (Waaah optional end game areas aren't actually optional...)
Ideally, I want to do 100% of the "main" content, only skipping small dungeons with nothing of value in them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom