Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll : you like Interplay or Troika more ?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
If you found ARC hard you are a fuckin' pussy. If you found it harder than the BG series, NWN, ME, or even JE you are simply a fuckin' liar. If you found it harder than KOTOR, i cna believe that.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Didn't play ME and JE. But NWN had almost no difficulty. BG had some difficult fights for unoptimized party.
Kotor, on the other hand. I don't remmember one combat sequence that required me to reload.

Arcanum had combat of alpha version quality of implementation and beta quality design. It needs serious rework. Therefore some build were almost unplayable in some areas and some kicked ass.

Cogar

Novice
I suspect that combat is only a small part of the picture, and not really a deciding factor regarding who made the best RPGs. If it was, Bloodrayne 2 would be in the running for best-ever RPG. By comparison, combat in Fallout and Arcanum were not significantly different from Oblivion and Titan Quest. All use combinations of weapons choice, armor, and clicking away--like any FPS. Now that I think about it, even Two Worlds has a better combat system than Fallout or Arcanum. My point--I don’t think either Troika or Interplay had anything to write home about with respect to the superiority of their combat systems.

With regard to the original post, I have a special fondness for Troika games. The Interplay games, although popular in their day, were just “other games” to me. The only possible exception might be PS:T, which I have never played. (I would just like to find a copy somewhere for a reasonable price and give it a shot.)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cogar said:
The only possible exception might be PS:T, which I have never played. (I would just like to find a copy somewhere for a reasonable price and give it a shot.)

For PST, any price is reasonable.
And tharrrr be always otharrr ways of getting it, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom