Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] Let's settle this - did you buy Dragon Age: Inquisition?

Did you buy Dragon Age: Inquisition?

• Yes

Votes: 65 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 536 89.2%

• Total voters

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I bought it because I genuinely believed Bioware had learned *anything* from the pile of shit that was DA2 and the utter retard fans it created. DA2 sold rather poorly as well and Bioware released this fine video where they claimed DA:I was created by PC gamers for PC gamers. There was no popamole health regeneration even. They made it sound pretty hardcore/old skuul (by Bioware standards) and perhaps a venture back into actual RPGs. No pre-made character to play, vast areas to explore... made for PC users... it had a ring to it.

Boy was that a bad decision by me. Not only was this a console game made by console retards for console retards, and a completely briandead popamole, with the worst UI possible, a tepid plot without a hint of creativity, imagination or any love for the game they were making, DA:I was also somehow the most ambitious yet pathetic release I have seen from Bioware ever. I've enjoyed some of Bioware's console games, such as Kotor and Mass Effect, but damn. DA:I is not good.

DA:I is decline in corporate form... incorporate form actually. This game was made by committee and the chair of that committee was a soulless retard. The game plays and feels like a very, very mediocre MMORPG, the plot is infantile and shallow. In a way it's trying to recall the first game of the series, but it constantly cowers in the shadow of DA2, referencing that game and that game's utterly stupid plot way too much for its own good. Instead of pretending that DA2 never existed, DA:I tries to legitimize it. Gaider just didn't quit soon enough. A pity.

There is no ambition in DA:I, it may have cost a lot of money, which games of this kind usually do, but it delivers nothing. No depth. no strategy, no roleplaying, no creativity - it's zero across the board. It does check all the boxes, it has:
flashy combat!
open world!
breathtaking vistas!
party based action!
crafting!
inclusiveness!
political correctness!
dragons!
mages dancing whild casting spells!
an awesome button!

Fuck this game and fuck Bioware

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You couldn't have spent 10 minutes looking at the impressions thread from when the game came out and figured out it was a waste of money?

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
You couldn't have spent 10 minutes looking at the impressions thread from when the game came out and figured out it was a waste of money?
Wasn't a member here back then, and didn't know about you guys, sadly. Now I have the Codex to protect me from the decline. Wasn't always like that. The rest of the internet at that time wasn't conclusive and some cunning biodrones pushed the game on youtube. It didn't look bad, and really I didn't want to see too much of it because of spoilage (which would have mattered if the game was any good)

Either way, you live you learn. Shit happens and sometimes Bioware/EA gets money because they lie convincingly enough.

Last edited:

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I didn't buy DA2 or 3, I didn't buy Pillars of Eternity, and I didn't buy Fallout 4. Didn't download them either. I'm pure.

Castozor

Scholar
No I didn't buy it. Instead I bought DA:O for PC so I can play that instead. Open world equals boredom for me nowadays, I got my fun out of Skyrim but I'm starting to dislike the "80+ hours of gampeplay, pure awesome!" type of games. Since DA 2 was a huge let down I won't even consider this game, because the same but with more filler does not appeal to me in the least. Having said that I obviously didn't play it so I won't comment on it's (lack of) qualities either.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
only da i played was DAO and seeing as i didn't get more then like 3-4 hours into it i never boguht the sequals :P

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I unfortunately did. I regretted this decision about 5-6 hours after installation.

Noodles

Novice
No, but I will pick it up when it hits the bargain bin.

I bought DA:2 when it first came out and played all of the first 10 minutes of it. :rage:

pippin

No, but I will pick it up when it hits the bargain bin.

The GOTY edition has been discounted by a 50% a number of times now. If you don't like it you can ask for a refund though. Origin supported them long before Steam, which is funny.

Noodles

Novice
The GOTY edition has been discounted by a 50% a number of times now. If you don't like it you can ask for a refund though. Origin supported them long before Steam, which is funny.

I'm talking less than a tenner.

DA: Origins I felt I at least got my monies worth.

DA:2 was a rip off.

DA:Inquisition can wait for the bargain bin.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I felt a great satisfaction from downloading an extended demo month after release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom