Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] Japanese Creatives

Who is the greatest Japanese creative lead?

• Total voters

Derringer

Prophet
I like Amano, Osamu Dezaki and Osamu Tezuka, Tada and Toriyama are both alright along with Doraemon.

Imagine how amazing Yoko Taro would be if he wasn't retarded on purpose
he's alright. Drakengard was a pain to direct (and he ended up being as director just because the previous one had resigned/been fired), so he made the big bux and now he just makes gacha. He's living his best life and already did everything he could or wanted to do.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Poll says Miyazaki but is in the RPG forum. You would think Hidetaka rather than Hayao, but the OP probably doesn't even know who he is.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Jason Liang do you research the subject at hand before making a poll about it?
I mean for starters you have manga and anime artists in there, yet you've made this poll in the japanese videogames board.
So what is it? Is the poll about japanese artists or japanese game designers?
But either way they're quite incomplete...

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I don't see what's so great about Satoshi Kon's works. They're technically impressive, but what else?

Jason Liang

Arcane
Jason Liang do you research the subject at hand before making a poll about it?
I mean for starters you have manga and anime artists in there, yet you've made this poll in the japanese videogames board.
So what is it? Is the poll about japanese artists or japanese game designers?
But either way they're quite incomplete...
For this one I wanted a poll with Anno, TADA and Satoshi Kon - I was thinking a lot about all 3 that year (Rance X had come out, NGE was in the media because of the Netflix release, and I'm constantly thinking about Satoshi Kon). Having watched a few documentaries about Anno, Kon and TADA, I don't see the responsibilities of an animated film director, manga artist or a video game director to be so different.

Kojima, TADA, Yoko Taro and Swery often get "auteur" labels, so there's that.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
I don't see what's so great about Satoshi Kon's works. They're technically impressive, but what else?
Just the ambitiousness and skill of the storytelling. Everything especially writing, structure and editting. Millennium Actress is one of my favorite films and a masterpiece, and I didn't even get what happens in the actual story until my 6th time watching it or so. He just made animated films that could only exist as animation - you can't make Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress or Paprika in a live action film. Also Kon's aesthetic sensibilities (which I guess can be said for many of the directors on the poll) - using music by Hirasawa Susumu is sublime.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
vjydNhw.png

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Voted Akira Toriyama in the absence of Yu Suzuki. Don't know who most of those other guys are, and the few names I recognize are complete fags, except for Tezuka but I don't care much for his work. Miyazaki is a gay nigger.

Häyhä

Arbiter
YU SUZUKI of course, the man was synonymous with SEGA from the late 80s to the early 2000s when he helped sink the company with his megalomaniacal magnum opus, Shenmue. :salute:

Honorary mention to Goichi Suda aka Suda51, the creator of one of the best video games ever made, Killer 7

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom