Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] How do you feel about buttons?

How do you feel about buttons?

• Bring them back, they added a much needed something something etc...

Votes: 184 44.9%
  • I liked them, but am concerned about Forum performance issues - can this be resolved?

Votes: 43 10.5%
  • Keep them away please.

Votes: 140 34.1%
  • Comrade of Kings

Votes: 43 10.5%

• Total voters

Sodafish

Arcane
Fucking swine. That's all that needs to be said here.

That and fuck every sick degenerate cuntface Liberal cocksmoking felching shitstained cum spot that voted for buttons.

May you all get probed by throbbing nigger dicks in your eyesockets.

spits on the ground and walks out
:funny:

AngryKobold

Arcane
Restore immediately!

The clicky colorful buttons allow dumb mammals to express their useless view without writing an actual post. Good! That means fewer worthless posts wasting space on my monitor. And that means the rating system works as it should.

Weasel
Restore immediately!

The clicky colorful buttons allow dumb mammals to express their useless view without writing an actual post. Good! That means fewer worthless posts wasting space on my monitor. And that means the rating system works as it should.

:acknowledge this user's agenda:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
First and second option are both for buttons.

Depends how you look at it.

No, the second option is for people who like buttans but would like the performance issues to be fixed.

Yes, and the logical corollary is if performance can't be improved they will no longer want them.

No, the second option is for people who like buttons. Fixing performance issues is just an additional (and optional) request.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Restore immediately!

butthurt

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
It seems to me that button DLC would only lead to a two class system in which brofists would still be the prefered currency since it would be used by the vast majority of people; that would negate the best aspect of having buttons in the first place and would thus appear to be the worst of both worlds - button clusterfuck and brofist circlejerk.

Sodafish

Arcane
First and second option are both for buttons.

Depends how you look at it.

No, the second option is for people who like buttans but would like the performance issues to be fixed.

Yes, and the logical corollary is if performance can't be improved they will no longer want them.

No, the second option is for people who like buttons. Fixing performance issues is just an additional (and optional) request.

If so then that category is entirely redundant.

Mackerel

Augur
Let me start this by saying I've never "brofisted" or otherwise rated a post and I never will. That said, I'm not the kind of man who has to impose his principles onto those around me or can't stand to be in the presence of humour that I don't personally find tasteful. Indeed, I feel the button parade offered a certain unique character to this forum as a lighthearted and self-aware nod to the nonsense that so much of Western civilisation has become. I feel that further great strides can be made in this vein and would be sorely disappointed if the colour and vivaciousness of this great forum was once again leeched away due to the insecurities of people who aren't happy unless they dominate the play of others with their bleak and joyless "brofist" only worldview.

A user named cat

Nice to see the parade has finally ended.

Why not just add all the buttons to the emoticons "small" section? That way they're still around at least to appease the fags who liked them.

Parabalus

Arcane
I wouldn't mind just the brofist if there is a downvote equivalent. Codex is predominantly a negative place, those emotions have to be expressed!

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Let me start this by saying I've never "brofisted" or otherwise rated a post and I never will. That said, I'm not the kind of man who has to impose his principles onto those around me or can't stand to be in the presence of humour that I don't personally find tasteful. Indeed, I feel the button parade offered a certain unique character to this forum as a lighthearted and self-aware nod to the nonsense that so much of Western civilisation has become. I feel that further great strides can be made in this vein and would be sorely disappointed if the colour and vivaciousness of this great forum was once again leeched away due to the insecurities of people who aren't happy unless they dominate the play of others with their bleak and joyless "brofist" only worldview.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I think a decent compromise would be to have brofists and the :retarded: button.

Would be perfect for the Codex where you can go from being a bro to being a retard from one post to another.

That would also mean that I'd have to rate Infinitron's shilling as :retarded: instead of :cuck:, but I see that as an upside.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
I think a decent compromise would be to have brofists and the :retarded: button.

Would be perfect for the Codex where you can go from being a bro to being a retard from one post to another.

That would also mean that I'd have to rate Infinitron's shilling as :retarded: instead of :cuck:, but I see that as an upside.

:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom