Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity PoE II: Deadfire Sales Analysis Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Making games with the idea of being just ''good enough'' is such a terrible thing to say,
Mistakes were made with "let's have three people make pitches and then combine them" but once you're on that path, spinning your wheels is just costing money.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there any hard data on the sales of this game? What kind of estimates are there? Seems the game HAS been pretty well received by critics and youtubers but apparently that hasn’t translated to sales

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Steamspy says 100-200k, it was 50-100k a couple of days ago, so I'd say it's closer to 100k than 200k. The concurrent players are also declining.

Xeon

Augur
If things are too bad, kinda wonder if Obsidian will really abandon cRPGs or just decide to switch things by trying to make another IP. Kinda hope they do the latter and if they do that, hope they go for something other than fantasy to spice things up, they made 3 games in fantasy setting with PoEs and Tyranny.

Also hope they go low key so no gods or world ending shtick.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I see the retarded shitlord brigade is in full swing recently.

Oh they are, but you still need to play the full game to actually prove to these these retards the game is an abysmal failure, I had to endure a lot of torture to actually finish this pile of dung. So please don't cheapen my pain without actually experiencing it yourself:lol:

Lacrymas

Arcane
I just love how you provide people with actual numbers, the only numbers anyone has access to, and they still try to... "defend" the game, I guess? I don't really know what exactly they are doing by blatantly denying the only numbers we have access to. Even if Steamspy isn't precise or correct, the concurrent player statistic is.

Cross

Arcane
Steamspy numbers are made up bullshit. The game has almost 200K sales now. It’s a bit of a slow burner, true, but it will turn out a decent profit.
7c9dc702d09b957cfb71bdaff505838a.png

Grab the Codex by the pussy
Codexers larp:
  • that BG2 is a classic
  • that the next time Obsidian’s BG2 knockoff will be a classic
  • that Obsidian’s BG2 knockoff is a not a failure despite all the evidence to the contrary
  • that Obsidian is a good studio despite more than one decade playing safe and releasing buggy mediocre games
Obsidian developers larp:
  • that they care about codexers tastes
  • that they will try to make a BG2 knockoff instead of adding a bunch of shit that players didn’t ask
  • that they are professional and know how to run a business

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
If SteamSpy was a doctor and Codex was a patient.

SteamSpy: you have between 1 and 5000 months to live
Codex: Goodby cruel world, I'm dead in 30 days.
SteamSpy: No, that's not how it wo...
Codex: Stop disputing the only numbers we have.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
That's great, but studios of the size of Obsidian can't survive on slow burners alone.

Leave them dude, they live in their own little world, they truly think a studio based in California is going to survive with slow burners, but why do we lie to ourselves, this game is a total failure, it will be hardstuck between 250k-400k for a long ass time, with discounts included.

Lacrymas

Arcane
If SteamSpy was a doctor and Codex was a patient.

SteamSpy: you have between 1 and 5000 months to live
Codex: Goodby cruel world, I'm dead in 30 days.
SteamSpy: No, that's not how it wo...
Codex: Stop disputing the only numbers we have.

Except it's not like that. They aren't "disputing" any numbers, they just flat out state those numbers are wrong or bs and they know better. When asked how exactly they know better, they just shrug. What we do know is that Steamspy says 100k - 200k, the last precise number was 110k 2 weeks ago, concurrent players are declining and the game keeps falling further down the top-sellers list (or whatever that list is). I think that's enough to make an informed guesstimate about how the game is doing. Everything else is wishful thinking, white knighting and whatever else you can think of along those lines.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom