Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PoE Bug Reports Thread

Shannow

Waster of Time
I have another good one:
Shopping at Igrun's in Defiance Bay. Magicall items do not have the magical blue border and all the descriptions are wrong. Shatterstar is described as "Pollaxe" and only costs 75 cp. (Should have tried buying it.) Right clicking brought up the correct description. All the other items had wrong names too. But after a reload everything was shown correctly again.
c6X15Qj.jpg

Shannow

Waster of Time
Are these items working as intended?
SIvkPHK.jpg
Given the nature of the weapon I would have rather expected a slight bonus to will.

QwGEdMZ.jpg

XnRe2f7.jpg
The cloak is minor but the buffs are better. And the ring is still two and a half times as valuable?

I guess it should count as a bug, anyhow... At some point i kind of killed that Donnellys (or whatever the hell their name is) family and also did quests for both Crucible Knights and Dozens, so now when i need to get on that hearing at duc's place, there's no one left to vouch for me, so i guess i'm stuck on the main quest, unless i'm missing something.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I got a stupid bug and all my items in my inventory became hollow.
8w9l02.jpg

This happened after trading in the Gilded Vale smithy, and changing the item categories at the smithy side. Nothing game breaking, but this looks bad. Solution: restart the game (reloading is not enough)

Ninjerk

Arcane

This happened after trading in the Gilded Vale smithy, and changing the item categories at the smithy side. Nothing game breaking, but this looks bad.
Go back to a merchant and click on the category. It will unselect it and items will return to normal.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

This happened after trading in the Gilded Vale smithy, and changing the item categories at the smithy side. Nothing game breaking, but this looks bad.
Go back to a merchant and click on the category. It will unselect it and items will return to normal.
Thanks. It also got solved with just relaunching the game. :)

Coyote

Arcane
Couldn't you just unselect the Weapons category (top left under the Party section of the inventory), or am I missing something here?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Obsidian's QA lead has made a post!

For the level 13 Od Nua issue, there's a certain main quest that will allow you to pass this point.

Unfortunately the Strategy Guide is missing that step and I don't want to post any spoilers.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Some info on the stat stacking bug:

Thanks for the feedback, saves, outputs, and all that stuff. I think we nailed down the steps and I've added the issue to the database and we will work towards a fix for an upcoming update. Until then avoid save loads on Companions home maps.

Doesn't look like it will make it in time for this week's patch, but it is being fixed.

Regarding that Animancy hearing bug. I found a way past it (or any bugged quest for that matter).

1. Download http://rien-ici.com/iemod/ and install according to instructions.

2. To open console press ~

Advance Quest
First, you need to get the internal names of your active quests using ListActiveQuests
This will yield a bunch of lines such as data/quests/00_dyrford_ulterior_motives.quest -- sometimes you'll have to guess which quest is which, for instance this name is assigned to Dyrford's quest known to players as "Cat and Mouse".
Once you know the exact internal name, use ForceAdvanceQuest name
Example: ForceAdvanceQuest data/quests/00_dyrford_ulterior_motives.quest

In my case it was data\quests\critical_path\act_2\cp_qst_ducal_palace.quest

Obsidian said they are working on fixing that bug and it might come as early as next week, but for now this will do i guess.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Any news on the inventory quick-switch bug ? (The one that wipes out all your abilities.)

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After the fight with Thaos the game hangs for me. The characters are still animated and the game technically 'works', but I cannot move nor perform any actions. I repeated the fight three times (counting only victories :M) and the game always gets frozen there.

I'm uninstalling this shit.

Gord

Arcane
Are these items working as intended?

Re: Whispers of Yenwood - I think that the malus on will is supposed to reflect the curse the description is talking about.
Not sure of course, might as well be a bug, but that's what I thought after reading it. At least makes for a slightly more interesting item.

Delterius

Arcane
I want to confirm something.

Intelligence may be counterproductive for the purposes of damage over time spells as it would lenghten the time needed to deal similar damage, instead of adding more ticks (as I would expect).

If true, this is kind of a deal breaker for me as I was planning to use an archetypical wizard as party member.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Plague of Insects is broken and lasts FOREVER, making some fights near-impossible, as the party keeps taking raw damage and fighting with -20 concentration the entire fucking battle and even afterwards:

Gfz9M4u.jpg

The only way to get rid of it is to end the battle, save and then reload.

Gord

Arcane
I want to confirm something.

Intelligence may be counterproductive for the purposes of damage over time spells as it would lenghten the time needed to deal similar damage, instead of adding more ticks (as I would expect).

If true, this is kind of a deal breaker for me as I was planning to use an archetypical wizard as party member.

According to some post on the Obsidian forums it's allegedly working right, but the tooltip is wrong. No guarantee though.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
We know more about the savegame bloat bug!

So in short the Chanter "Rime and Frost" chant creates traps when it is triggered and thoise traps get saved into mobileobjects.save file causing it to grow out of control. This in turn causes saves to take way longer than they should. Oddly the chant creating fire traps doesn't seem to be affected with this bug.

Here are the statistics in a nutshell:

Code:
$ du -h MobileObjects.save
44M  MobileObjects.save
$ strings MobileObjects.save | grep Rime_and| wc -l
$ strings MobileObjects.save | grep Root| wc -l

Explanation for the commands: First one shows the size of the MobileObjects.save, secong extracts all strings (text fragments) from that binary file, selects all that match the "Rime_And" stringfragment and counts them, giving us the count of 3232 Rime and Frost traps stored, last one does the same for substring Root that seems the be the start of new saved object data, giving the total count of 3308 saved objects.

Looking into the amount of data tied into the Rime and Frost traps, one trap (everything between two Root strings) is about 26kb, meaning that the 1600ish traps in my 44Mb MobileObjects.save take up about 42Mb of it.

Workaround would be to avoid the rime and frost chant like plague, a fix would be to write a script to strip the saved traps from saves and to prevent new ones from getting saved at all.

Mystary!

Arcane
9qNiXKr.jpg

The arbalest is where it should on your back, but crossbows appears missplaced, hovering behind your left cheek. Bug?

Niektory

one of some
Patron
I have a bug with the Stronghold quests. Sometimes assigning somebody to a mission won't update the mission status, still showing the button to "assign" somebody. If clicked, the quest just disappears. Opening a different panel and coming back to the missions panel also seems to remove the quest. However, I still get a number showing under the flag accounting for more missions than the ones displayed.

Also, sometimes all the message boxes start working all funky, as if PgUp or PgDn were stuck (even though I don't think these keys do anything on the message boxes), forcing a restart of the game.

Yeah, the adventures are buggy for me as well.
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73...not-assign-companions-to-multiple-adventures/

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Some info on the stat stacking bug:

Thanks for the feedback, saves, outputs, and all that stuff. I think we nailed down the steps and I've added the issue to the database and we will work towards a fix for an upcoming update. Until then avoid save loads on Companions home maps.

Doesn't look like it will make it in time for this week's patch, but it is being fixed.
I have this but on 2 guys, both wear +INT when above 50% endurance... So these items are confirmed to cause this.

Also cannot reset scores using cheats properly. Instead of setting to value, it substracts whatever the difference to the value set last.
So 40 INT, set to 16, nothing happens.
Set to 6, now 30 INT (16-6=10 40-10=30)

So i set my INT to negative value and finally managed to have 16 INT on both Durance and Aloth, not sure, what their base was...

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Getting more and more permanent debuffs lately, when is the patch coming out?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Getting more and more permanent debuffs lately, when is the patch coming out?

Good chance for later this week, otherwise after Easter.

Tigranes said:
I think the unofficial/tentative word was they were aiming for sometime this working week, but patch releases are always unpredictable

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom