Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PnP Hellas Worlds of Sun and Stone RPG.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I am posting this because there are many PnP lovers here, and this setting seems to appeal to someone.
Why a Kickstarter?

I've been self-publishing role-playing games since 2002, but one of the hardest parts about doing it all on my own is keeping the older books available. This project is designed to get the core HELLAS rule book back into print.
This is what HELLAS has to offer

• 340 page full color hardback
• 9 different player races
• A lifepath system that helps flesh out and realize a character
• A ton of reasons to yell “THIS IS SPARTA!”
• A system for attaining renown and glory (much like Pendragon)
• A proven system that’s easy to learn and play (Omni System)
• Cool spaceships
• Panthalassa: The Cosmic All-Sea
• Naked people with spears and swords (this is not a euphamism)
• Pankration
• A game world that is familiar enough to be recognizable but alien enough to provide room for adventure
• Lots of Greek words horribly mangled by an ugly American
• 14 Gods
• An excuse to watch all your favorite Hercules and Xena episodes
• Sandals!
• A reason to say “It’s all Greek to me” when you can’t find a rule.
• A simple mechanic for players to participate in changing their game environment
• A bestiary full of adversaries to kill in the face
• Lamb Meat
• 12 complete adventures
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1269000670/hellas-worlds-of-sun-and-stone-rpg

This is the situation at the moment:
Backers
$9,777
pledged of $10,500 goal
hours to go

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
more like kickstarter scholar am i rite

A ton of reasons to yell “THIS IS SPARTA!”
A reason to say “It’s all Greek to me” when you can’t find a rule.
cringe

Naked people with spears and swords
Lots of Greek words horribly mangled by an ugly American
:incline:

Baron

Arcane
Seems a terrible lack of imagination. I hope that the next 22 hours pass quickly and that his dreams are squashed.

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
At first I was happy and ready to pledge. But then I read the sample pdf.

HELLAS is an epic, generational space opera that spans 100 years of the fourth and final age of
the Hellenes, a spacefaring race that has warred for control of their galaxy for countless millennia.
The player characters are Heroes who will set off to save their worlds from an ancient threat. They
will live, triumph, suffer, and eventually die as Heroes, either achieving apotheosis and ascending into
immortality, or succumbing to their fate.
HELLAS is greatly inspired by the heroic stories of ancient Greece and uses Greek-inspired
language, themes, and tropes. However, HELLAS is not Greek, nor is its characters presumed to be
living in some distant future or bygone past based on our own reality, any more than a fantasy RPG
based on European mythology is based on a real medieval Europe.
"This is not teh real Greese only looks liek ancient Hellas with light saberz and haves exactly the sane names becoz Sparta is teh awsum!!"

If you want to make your own world, at least have the decency to give different names. I think Baron's comment is spot on. Terrible lack of imagination.

Pledged 50 $ take my money!!*

* Typical W2 pledger :troll:

Kz3r0

Arcane
I am sure that you guys will be delighted to know that the project reached its goal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom