Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Plot-and-setting-spoiler-free Dark Souls 3 discussion

Perkel

Arcane
Your problem OP is that you listen to people who say DS2 is best ever Souls game.
They are mongoloids not worth discusing.

As for DS3. IT is by far game with best level design, monster design, boss design of all Souls games.

Problems are with story, npcs and events. Also it is just after premiere so part of lore and most of people like in case of previous DS don't know wtf is going on with story. Like in case of DS1 or DS2 it will take time to sink in to players to get what this was all about.
There is also some fanservice stuff which some people don't like.

Example. I finished my playtrough and apperently i missed like 80% of npcs. Some people say NPC this time provide better C&C than in earlier games and are more complex.

As for combat it is like i said in DS2 retards case. They have their own retarded world and anything that is different is supposed to be treated with disgust.
Game is much to young to say anything definitive "if this is best combat ds game". What we know is that game is faster than previously and much much much more agressive toward both PvP and PvE. Several weapon now world bit differently and people seem to chase what is latest hotest new things for PvP (like estoc) claiming various things.

Personally i think it has best combat model out of all DS games. It fixed mostly retarded poise from earlier games so you won't see anymore 90% of people wearing havels as they can get stagger now. And actual poise seems now to be much more about how you attack rather than just pure stat whatever.
I love that they went back to DeS non upgradable armor with this you won't see no longer SL1 dudes rocking normal looking armor with stats of steel armor.
They fixed shields too and what i mean by that is that shields no longer are go to mechanic for anyone. You rarely get 100% phys defence shield and those who have that 100% usually don't have much stability like they used to so people still can guard brake you.

Lets see, game is basically nothing but reused Bloodborne maps and monsters mixed with Dark Souls 1 NPC's, is sold right off the bat with a SEASON PASS, the game was released in an unoptimized unplayable state simply because it was the end of Japans fiscal year and they wanted to look good and get the product out there. I mean God damn you'd have to be fucking stupid not to see this, or just willfully ignorant.

1. Bullshit but it has similar art style and it is on same engine.
2. Game is actually well optimized and in good state. There aren't many people with crashing issues.

From what I've seen that's intentional. 2 almost seems like it took place in another universe if you throw out some of the really obscure references and recycling of items. 3 more naturally follows albeit thousands of years later.

Yeah DS3 is like direct sequel to DS1 with DS2 lore elements.

Last edited:

Malpercio

Arcane
Your problem OP is that you listen to people who say DS2 is best ever Souls game.
They are mongoloids not worth discusing.

As for DS3. IT is by far game with best level design, monster design, boss design of all Souls games.

Problems are with story, npcs and events. Also it is just after premiere so part of lore and most of people like in case of previous DS don't know wtf is going on with story. Like in case of DS1 or DS2 it will take time to sink in to players to get what this was all about.
There is also some fanservice stuff which some people don't like.

Example. I finished my playtrough and apperently i missed like 80% of npcs. Some people say NPC this time provide better C&C than in earlier games and are more complex.

As for combat it is like i said in DS2 retards case. They have their own retarded world and anything that is different is supposed to be treated with disgust.
Game is much to young to say anything definitive "if this is best combat ds game". What we know is that game is faster than previously and much much much more agressive toward both PvP and PvE. Several weapon now world bit differently and people seem to chase what is latest hotest new things for PvP (like estoc) claiming various things.

Personally i think it has best combat model out of all DS games. It fixed mostly retarded poise from earlier games so you won't see anymore 90% of people wearing havels as they can get stagger now. And actual poise seems now to be much more about how you attack rather than just pure stat whatever.
I love that they went back to DeS non upgradable armor with this you won't see no longer SL1 dudes rocking normal looking armor with stats of steel armor.
They fixed shields too and what i mean by that is that shields no longer are go to mechanic for anyone. You rarely get 100% phys defence shield and those who have that 100% usually don't have much stability like they used to so people still can guard brake you.

Lets see, game is basically nothing but reused Bloodborne maps and monsters mixed with Dark Souls 1 NPC's, is sold right off the bat with a SEASON PASS, the game was released in an unoptimized unplayable state simply because it was the end of Japans fiscal year and they wanted to look good and get the product out there. I mean God damn you'd have to be fucking stupid not to see this, or just willfully ignorant.

1. Bullshit but it has similar art style and it is on same engine.
2. Game is actually well optimized and in good state. There aren't many people with crashing issues.

From what I've seen that's intentional. 2 almost seems like it took place in another universe if you throw out some of the really obscure references and recycling of items. 3 more naturally follows albeit thousands of years later.

Yeah DS3 is like direct sequel to DS1 with DS2 lore elements.

Show be where DS2 touched you.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Not really. In short :
Ds1 was first cycle after gwyns sin
DS2 was one of the many cycles that happened later on but also the most significant one that brought the idea of "inheriting/usurping the thrones"" next to linking the flame and BC finds way out from hollowng for himself but cant break the curse. There is also that cryptic Aldias ending in SotFS. I wonder if ds3 dlcs touch upon that.
DS3 seems like literally the last chance cycle for this world after couple last lords of cinder took inspirations from Blood Omen&Kain and showed the world middle finger. Everything is shit even fucking sun is bleeding. And all points to theory that both Ds1 endings lead to the same. You either link the flame and cycle repeats or you let the flame die only to reappear years later.

thats why that third hidden ending in DS3 is best ending :bounce:

Did anyone notice that karla the witch seems like another shard of manus and sister to Nashandra/dlcs queens?

The game has a huge amount of depth. It's very interesting seeing people who are incapable of reading into the game talking about how shit the story is.
Instead of.. maybe them just being too stupid to understand it and having shit taste.

Like if you think about it.. all the "pandering homages" actually make sense. A lot of the armor sets are found from ashes off people you previously met in DS1 and DS2.. DS3 represents the final cycle that Aldia / others spoke about.

When you see Aldrich devouring Gwyndolin.. Or see all the hollows reaching for the sun and they're all warped and corrupted.. even the dragons are succumbing to corruption or already have and their charred corpses are floating in the sky. You really get the feeling that the world is basically done. The repeated cycle over and over has worn down the fabric of reality.

It's kinda poetic. *sniff sniff*

Seeing Anor Londo all fucked up.. where only one darkmoon person remains in a hidden tower.. or the dark basin all swampy and poisoned.. or the abyss demon on that lonely destroyed bridge, baked in the sun.. or the demon all old and decrepit.

Everyone is dying or devouring other weaker creatures to extend their last minutes of life. It's a dystopia of dystopias.

I could be misreading things but I am actually excited to see how things shake out.

Last edited:

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
What we know is that game is faster than previously and much much much more agressive toward both PvP and PvE.
which is retarded because it rewards dumbass r1 spam. all their little traps and ambushes they made are fucking worthless since you deal with every encounter the same exact way. you rush in, you spam r1, and then roll away. instead of deepening the rpg mechanics and methodical combat of demon and dark 1, they went in the direction of shitty twitch combat that barely works (as can be seen by them giving every enemy basically a 360 attack, because without that people that constantly roll around like the spastics they are would take exactly 0 damage). i don't know about other people, but "fast paced combat" and "frustrating difficulty" never where what made me like dark souls, not once did i think or say to myself "man i wish dark souls was more like devil may cry".

Perkel

Arcane
What we know is that game is faster than previously and much much much more agressive toward both PvP and PvE.
which is retarded because it rewards dumbass r1 spam. all their little traps and ambushes they made are fucking worthless since you deal with every encounter the same exact way. you rush in, you spam r1, and then roll away. instead of deepening the rpg mechanics and methodical combat of demon and dark 1, they went in the direction of shitty twitch combat that barely works .

Says dude who dropped game midgame :roll:

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
contrary to popular belief you don't have to finish a game 7 times before you can judge it.

Perkel

Arcane
contrary to popular belief you don't have to finish a game 7 times before you can judge it.

Yeah but you didn't even finish it. What is worse you basically played worse part of the game as second half of game is better.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
The game has a huge amount of depth. It's very interesting seeing people who are incapable of reading into the game talking about how shit the story is.
Instead of.. maybe them just being too stupid to understand it and having shit taste.

Yes, that great depth of selling the same story 3 games in a row for $80 a piece, LINK DA FIRE, BE DA BAD GUY, OR COMBINE DA 2. Goddamn, what the fuck is wrong with you socially stunted cretins? How dare you question the intelligence of other people you fucking low perception douchebag.

Such great depth, heres your health chunking 9 foot tall farmer, here's your pvp system with 6 covenants too many. Dork Souls fighting so hard to make Dark Souls in to this excruciating intellectual experience, because of how few accomplishments they have in real life. I BEAT AN EASY VIDEOGAME FUCK YOU DAD YOU JUST DONT GET IT.

Branm

Learned
Now some say DS3 is a quick cashgrab. I just don't get it.

I don't think you know what unplayable is....besides.....reusing assets only makes sense...I'm curious which type of industry are you employed in?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Yes, that great depth of selling the same story 3 games in a row for $80 a piece, LINK DA FIRE, BE DA BAD GUY, OR COMBINE DA 2. Goddamn, what the fuck is wrong with you socially stunted cretins? How dare you question the intelligence of other people you fucking low perception douchebag.

Such great depth, heres your health chunking 9 foot tall farmer, here's your pvp system with 6 covenants too many. Dork Souls fighting so hard to make Dark Souls in to this excruciating intellectual experience, because of how few accomplishments they have in real life. I BEAT AN EASY VIDEOGAME FUCK YOU DAD YOU JUST DONT GET IT.

:butthurt:

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
I don't think you know what unplayable is....besides.....reusing assets only makes sense...I'm curious which type of industry are you employed in?

No stupid, I do. Constant crashing at bonfires as well as throughout the game, and continuous stutters = unplayable, if you want to argue that point, go stick your head in the microwave.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

No stupid, I do. Constant crashing at bonfires as well as throughout the game, and continuous stutters = unplayable, if you want to argue that point, go stick your head in the microwave.

Have you tried upgrading your potato computer?

:outrage:

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

Have you tried upgrading your potato computer?

:outrage:

Yeah, people with GTX 980's are reporting stuttering and crashes, have you tried upgrading your arguments?

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah, people with GTX 980's are reporting stuttering and crashes, have you tried upgrading your arguments?

Did you try to switch off shadows ? Because people raport that is the main issue here if game crashes.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

I have a GTX 980 and it runs smoother than a sweaty fat kid down a slide of butter. My anecdotal evidence trumps everything.
I don't even get frame drops.. like it's a constant 60 FPS.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
In both previous games I made it a rule that the first time I get to a bonfire should be by conquering everything in my path, because if I can't fight the enemies in an area, it means the area isn't for me, right? Well, I just broke that rule in DS3. I got to an initially linear area (which branches later) with lots enemies some of which are fast and others who use fire weapons whose attacks seemingly intentionally pass through walls. I can deal with each enemy solo but I always get entangled in a bigger fight and die. So I just decided to run, jump-evade the attacks and trust my Souls instincts to tell me where to turn to get to the bonfire. It worked the first time :) But I'm a bit uneasy about this. This level looked from afar as if it would've been a lot more fun than it turned out to be.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
100hrs no problems whatsoever, i5, 16gb, 7970. Runs almost as perfect as DS2 did.
DS1 always ran fine after DSfix, so yeah idk what yer problems are, i dont even have framedrops in blighttown.

Also caring about the 100ppl with big ass problem vs the 100k that dont is trelelele.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
What is worse you basically played worse part of the game as second half of game is better.

Are you trolling?
i sure hope so, otherwise he is braindead.

the things i complained about only get worse the farther in the game you go. one of the bosses even looks like he originally was meant to be in bloodborne.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom