Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please delete this account

Star Citizen

Learned
Also best argument, we have users called HeyCheckOutHowHardICanPee, there are wonders in this forum you have not yet seen, what could be around the next corner? Is it Asspiss? is it MyCockExplodesDueToDiarrhea?

Only one way to find out.
Im Star Citizen now lol

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Also best argument, we have users called HeyCheckOutHowHardICanPee, there are wonders in this forum you have not yet seen, what could be around the next corner? Is it Asspiss? is it MyCockExplodesDueToDiarrhea?

Im Star Citizen now lol
You were asspiss? I wondered why I couldn't find you when @ ing you.

And that is why we can't have anything nice.

Last edited:

Star Citizen

Learned

Im Star Citizen now lol
You were asspiss? I wondered why I couldn't find you when @ ing you.

And that is why we can't have anything.
Changed to this because people were talking mad shit about star citizen. Now that's why we can't have anything cool

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
You've been here less than a month. Why do you want to leave?
The site isn't what I thought it was. I was under the impression that it was one of the last internet platforms for gaming-centric free speech, and it's definitely more permissive of that than something like Reddit (which outright censors unpopular opinions), but I think the forums here are largely characterised by stupid levels of nostalgia. There seems to be a denial of progress, and any earnest attempts at critiquing codex-beloved classics are just immediately viewed as decline. There's something a little demoralizing about really going out of your way to write something with attention to the finer points, and having it refuted with cheap generalities and, at the risk of triggering the hivemind, just a sort of mean-spiritedness. I understand how that can be read as my being a snowflake (God knows the world seems to be absolutely polluted with them right now), but there might be some kind of over-correction. I paraphrase, but even the mods jest at having to wait to be approved before conversing with the other "retards". It's like there's only so much cynicism you can consume before it just gets nauseating.

Viewed from another lens, I don't think the written format is conducive to meaningful debate, and it's easy to minsinterpret what someone writes since there's no tonal inflection, or room for immediate correction. We also tend to taint words with the mood we're currently in. And it's addictive to see that little notification bell in response to something you've written, only to have your attention pulled for some dumb strawman bullshit that argues from the basis of some kind of superiority. It's just a bit tiresome, and life has gotten rougher with the general increase in cost-of-living, so it's important to sort out my time and dedicate it to the things that bring abundance.

Thanks for asking though
Shame, haven't seen your critiques i'm afraid, but based on this sample I like the cut of your jib and am always of the opinion this site could do with a few more dissenters for the sake of counter arguments and preventing threads from being just hugboxes.
Seems you changed your mind thankfully. Can't argue there is an overabundance of edginess and internet tough guy type platitudes, but such is the nature of most of the internet being more sanitised, making more permissive places like the codex a refugee camp for edgy posters and mental cases of all kinds.

I suppose it might be apt to spin the question onto those of you who've been around for ages. So, what keeps YOU guys coming back here?
One of the few places left on the internet i can speak my mind, no matter how dumb or unsavory it might be to others. Can freely state what i think on a topic without fear mods will come in and tell me my opinion is bad so i need to be sent to the corner to think about how naughty i've been, the absolute worst i will get is a few negative ratings.

And if someone does annoy me? Wow i can actually just call them out on it and say they are fucktards, they call me fucktard back and....that's it? I mean some people do take it further and have massive grudges that go on for years and fight like cats and dogs opently but no, you don't have to engage with that if you don't want to, it's actually really liberating and healthier imo then mandated niceness where everyone is seething underneath the surface and trying to bait each other to cross some rule (which was my experience on other forums).

Last edited:

Groover

Literate
Groover Where did this happen? You've posted in GRPG twice and that was in the gothic Remake thread. So where did this dismissiveness happen if you haven't said anything about RPGs?
I thought the codex also extended to other games, due to the general gaming forum and the existence of a non-RPG top 100 list. I was criticizing classic Doom and the cream of the crop of 90s shooters and was just getting notifications for shitposts and people who read half of what I'd bothered to write, and with intent to ridicule it. I think there's a place in life for bullies and the like to reinforce the "sticks and stones" addage, but I didn't want to go out of my way to interact with a forum that I thought was largely composed of idiots, y'know? I realize that I'm partly at fault here. Maybe I should just turn the notifications off altogether :lol:

Last edited:

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
but I didn't want to go out of my way to interact with a forum that I thought was largely composed of idiots, y'know?

You are better off following your original instinct then and to RUN, not walk, to the exit. Because this is a hive of absolute fucking retards with hot takes on everything. If your sensibilities are easily offended I fear you'll be reaching the same ultimate destination one way or another. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Groover

Literate
but I didn't want to go out of my way to interact with a forum that I thought was largely composed of idiots, y'know?

You are better off following your original instinct then and to RUN, not walk, to the exit. Because this is a hive of absolute fucking retards with hot takes on everything. If your sensibilities are easily offended I fear you'll be reaching the same ultimate destination one way or another. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Why do you stay here then? It takes time to sift through garbage, and that's time taken away from actualizing yourself irl. Another user mentioned that a good chunk of posters are socially-inept rejects who stay alone for the good of mankind, and just share their daily accomplishments (nothing) here. In reality, you can easily walk away from morons and attract and curate healthy relationships, so what's the catch?

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

Why do you stay here then? It takes time to sift through garbage, and that's time taken away from actualizing yourself irl. Another user mentioned that a good chunk of posters are socially-inept rejects who stay alone for the good of mankind, and just share their daily accomplishments (nothing) here. In reality, you can easily walk away from morons and attract and curate healthy relationships, so what's the catch?

He as well is one of the absolute fucking retards, we all are.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

I thought you were leaving.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Groover, you are being a sour whiner. If you don't like it somewhere, and you have a choice, don't go there. Or you can bitch and moan about how horrible the unwashed masses are treating your delicate intellect :lol:

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
You've been here less than a month. Why do you want to leave?
The site isn't what I thought it was. I was under the impression that it was one of the last internet platforms for gaming-centric free speech, and it's definitely more permissive of that than something like Reddit (which outright censors unpopular opinions), but I think the forums here are largely characterised by stupid levels of nostalgia. There seems to be a denial of progress, and any earnest attempts at critiquing codex-beloved classics are just immediately viewed as decline. There's something a little demoralizing about really going out of your way to write something with attention to the finer points, and having it refuted with cheap generalities and, at the risk of triggering the hivemind, just a sort of mean-spiritedness. I understand how that can be read as my being a snowflake (God knows the world seems to be absolutely polluted with them right now), but there might be some kind of over-correction. I paraphrase, but even the mods jest at having to wait to be approved before conversing with the other "retards". It's like there's only so much cynicism you can consume before it just gets nauseating.

Viewed from another lens, I don't think the written format is conducive to meaningful debate, and it's easy to minsinterpret what someone writes since there's no tonal inflection, or room for immediate correction. We also tend to taint words with the mood we're currently in. And it's addictive to see that little notification bell in response to something you've written, only to have your attention pulled for some dumb strawman bullshit that argues from the basis of some kind of superiority. It's just a bit tiresome, and life has gotten rougher with the general increase in cost-of-living, so it's important to sort out my time and dedicate it to the things that bring abundance.

Thanks for asking though

TL;DR - I wrote a long winded autistic rant about an old game and someone did a drive-by shitpost.

What should be the solution?
Start censoring people and offer codex-gold for quality posters like you?

Häyhä

Arbiter

I thought you were leaving.

(S)He can't leave until his account is deleted. Just like a woman in an abusive relationship.

I suppose it might be apt to spin the question onto those of you who've been around for ages. So, what keeps YOU guys coming back here?
Very few other places on the net give me...
  • Genuine free speech
  • Good humour
  • Informed content. Even if I disagree with various articles, statements & debates, a lot of people involved are actually talking from a place of experience rather than the normie trend shit of copy-pasting someone else's opinion or judging from a youtube vid etc.
  • Anti-woke values
  • Anti-normie values
  • Generally life-inclining traditional values, especially when it comes to family and masculinity.
  • This place very much has it's finger on the pulse when it comes to more undergound gaming, such as indie gaming. Some Youtubers would be lost without it.
  • The Redhead "Udmurt liberation front" thread.
What about Rusty Shacklefords website?

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
So, what keeps YOU guys coming back here?

RPGcodex is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In RPGCodex you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the RPGCodex motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Chill? There are few very vocal butthurt fanboys of their franchise and they will insta-retard you whenever you tell something "wrong" about their precious game. So the chillness can be totally random on day to day basis, depending on how many fanboy jimmies you rustle.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Yeah, whatever you do, don't post your opinions and observations on the Codex, it's very frowned upon

Because if Zombra doesn't like your opinion he puts you on ignore. I don't even know what I did to make it to his list, but I find it hilarious.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
So, what keeps YOU guys coming back here?

RPGcodex is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In RPGCodex you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the RPGCodex motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Chill? There are few very vocal butthurt fanboys of their franchise and they will insta-retard you whenever you tell something "wrong" about their precious game. So the chillness can be totally random on day to day basis, depending on how many fanboy jimmies you rustle.
what the fuck are you on. it's 2023 the codex is lukewarm compared to when lurker kang and eyestabber were screeching about aod every single waking moment

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
it's 2023 the codex is lukewarm compared to when lurker kang and eyestabber were screeching about aod every single waking moment
Marxie is trying very hard to up the screeching though... Limited success so far?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
OnXrg9r.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom