Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Playing StarCraft more seriously

1eyedking

Erudite
Who of you snobs is willing to become better at it?

I'm just getting started, and I wanted to know if anyone around here wants a partner to parry with :)

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I've given up on trying to be really good at a mp game. It's a skillset you tend to lose way too quickly. Played battlefield 2142 for ages and got real good at it. Usually ended up in the top 3 during every game and never lost a game when I played as a commander. Then I got tired of it and left. Tried it again a few months ago and got powned by every noob.

Same with World in Conflict. I really enjoyed the game and played it since the beta. At one time I ranked among the 600 best players. Tried it recently and got fucked over real hard in any game I tried.

So, I kinda given up on playing these mp games to be good at them. I also intensely dislike the frantic micromanegement of rts games like Starcraft or Company of Heroes. It kinda removes tactics and replaces them with whoever manages to do things as soon as possible in the best way possible. Good luck in getting good at it though. I imagine that most mp starcraft players left can play the game sleeping. Prepare for quite a steep learning curve. ;)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
lol. give it a rest. the sequel's just around the corner. Don't stress yourself out. If you really want a fun multiplayer, ask a friend you know for hotseat in Heroes V. Buy lotsa snacks and drinks, it'll last for hours.

Atrokkus

Erudite
I used to be pretty good at it. Also tehre other players on RPGcodex who are good at it (kraszu especially). So uhm well i dont mind playing it once in a while now.

1eyedking

Erudite
Atrokkus said:
I used to be pretty good at it. Also tehre other players on RPGcodex who are good at it (kraszu especially). So uhm well i dont mind playing it once in a while now.
Where do you play?

MetalCraze

Arcane
you will never beat koreans. no matter how hard you'll try. playing SC in MP more seriously is pointless.

1eyedking

Erudite
skyway said:
you will never beat koreans. no matter how hard you'll try. playing SC in MP more seriously is pointless.
That's gotta be the dumbest commentary I've read so far in the Codex.

And I've been around many kingcomrade & Andhaira threads...

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
1eyedking said:
skyway said:
That's gotta be the dumbest commentary I've read so far in the Codex.

And I've been around many kingcomrade & Andhaira threads...

skyway is right.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
It kinda removes tactics and replaces them with whoever manages to do things as soon as possible in the best way possible.
OMG NO NUB U R JUUST NO GOOD KILL YOURSELF
STARCRAFT IS A GAME OF SKILL APM DOES NOT EQUALS SKILL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom