Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Play the demo of our upcoming rated M parody of classic jRPGs

Johnny Zaxxon

Literate
I am the lead developer of a new indie game studio. Our first game is a RATED M parody of classic RPGs, except with a lot more sex, drugs, and leveling up. Ok maybe not more leveling up, but definitely more sex, drugs, drunken airship captains, and perverted wizards.

Our game is currently in beta and we are looking for people to test it. We are also looking to eventually hire artists, as we want the game to look 8 bit. Please forgive our art because we are currently just using stock art for testing purposes.

If you are interested in learning more, viewing our teaser trailer, or playing the demo go (remember this game would likely be rated M so if you are not over 18 yrs, please do not proceed): here

Any and all comments/suggestions/questions/feedback are welcome! Would you want to play the full game? What could be improved?

Johnny Zaxxon

Literate
Its pretty heavy on Dragon Quest and early Final Fantasies I.e. 1 -7. My bad I should have said jrpgs from the 80s to early 90s.

Mustawd

Gotta say art is nice. Though you might have gotten a better reception in the JRPG subforum.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
This is some mature shit right here.

herb.jpg

Severian Silk

Please make this a monster in your game:

:mhd:

Also, there must be combat messages like, "MULTIHEADED DICK HITS ASS AND LEG FOR 10HP!"

Johnny Zaxxon

Literate
Meh. Nice change from the romance sims that masquerade as jrpgs nowadays.

Johnny Zaxxon does this have romances?
Well you fall in love with a princess just like stereotypical RPGs but its not like a dating sim (although there is one quest that parodies that sort of thing :))
RPG Maker. Not even once.
RPGMaker: yep. We actually first tried Unity3D but as much as they like to say they support 2d, it is still a 3D engine. Then we played around with making our own engine in libGDX, but the lack of documentation was rather annoying. Then I played around with RPGMaker and it was perfect for what we wanted to do - have a traditional RPG gameplay style but be able to tell our gratuitously inappropriate and at times possibly offensive story.

Also, there must be combat messages like, "MULTIHEADED DICK HITS ASS AND LEG FOR 10HP!"
Currently we've got that but without the dicks. There is a screenshot of it on the page. But the current art is just stock art so there is room for changes.

Johnny Zaxxon

Literate
I would like to request that the people here at the codex play our demo and give feedback in this thread. Constructive feedback is preferred:) but not constructive is ok too:5/5:. We really do value your opinion because you are jRPG enthusiasts, just like us. It only takes about 15 min to get through the demo quest. Other than your time spent, playing the demo is totally free and with no ads. The demo is actually the first set of quests in the full game. It just stops right before you get to the Overworld.

The art for the demo is the default art in RPGMaker and the battle system is similar to the early FF series as you but almost everything else is 100% original - scripting, quests, music, sfx.

C'mon haven't you always wanted to sell "herb" to NPCs?

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Meh, Mature=/=Not apropiate.

Whatever, where are the screenshots and the beta?

Johnny Zaxxon

Literate

Dick-headed hmmmm
Yeah that was the sceenshot I was referring to before when people were getting all hard from giant squid-dicks. But in all seriousness if someone wants to draw me an 8-bit version of a giant dick-tenticle-rapey thing, I will totally put it in the game and credit you if you so desire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom