Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Play-by-Post] Tales from Fourtower Bridge

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I read it as aiding any check, but I may have been wrong.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Thanks for the correction, Kalarion. I use Syncthing between two machines, and the syncing probably gave me an old version of the map. I've resolved the issue. The new map in this post is the correct one.

Battle Log
+------------------+

Thomas: He blasted the two wolves with Color Spray, both wolves are blind.

Madrey: She quickly healed herself to full health.

Jess: She reloads her crossbow and fires it at Wolf 1 but misses entirely.

Wolf 4: It sprints toward Brytter and Mumbles.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Wolf 2
Mumbles
Bodyguard 2
Wolf 1
Hunter
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Wolf 3
Brytter <- current turn
Roll your next action at disadvantage from being startled by Mumbles
Colonel (You're next soon, GrafvonMoltke)

Battle map
+------------------+

79cQRpw.jpg

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Brytter: The barbarian swings his greatsword at the Wolf, the blade making a deep gash into the creature and doing 9 points of damage.

Order
+------------------+
Kilur
Wolf 2
Mumbles
Bodyguard 2
Wolf 1
Hunter
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Wolf 3
Brytter
Colonel <- current turn

Battle map
+------------------+

79cQRpw.jpg

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Colonel: He swings his shortsword at Wolf 3 but misses.

Wolf 3: Angered at The Colonel's attack, the creature bites at him but, amazingly, also misses.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur <-- current turn
Wolf 2
Mumbles
Bodyguard 2
Wolf 1
Hunter
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Wolf 4
Brytter
Colonel
Wolf 3

Battle map
+------------------+

79cQRpw.jpg

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
And so all his running put the dwarf between the rock and the hard place.
The prudent course of action was to retreat and shoot from afar, but Kilur's had enough of galloping around like a bloody racing pony.

The dorf let his crossbow fall and whipped out the sword he spend half he evening sharpening.

- Leg-go, lass! - He yelled over shoulder to Yessenia. - Together!

1. Free action to drop the crossbow.
2. Move (paired with drawing the shortsword) 1 square to the right, so B2 would be between Kilur and H.
3. Ready action to attack right after Jess (if she would do that) to gain sneak attack bonus.

To save the time, I'll make attack rolls, just disregard them, if the guide backstab the dorfie instead.

bShl0ss.png

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Kilur: The dwarf dropped his crossbow and pulled out his shortsword, the sharp blade ringing from scraping against his scabbard.

Wolf 2: Sensing an enemy behind it, the wolf turns and bites at Thomas, doing 4 points of damage.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Wolf 2
Mumbles <-- current turn
Bodyguard 2
Wolf 1
Hunter
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Wolf 4
Brytter
Colonel
Wolf 3

Battle map
+------------------+

WtdM1f7.jpg

vazha

Arcane
Lemme sur-waaaay the situation,
spread death and damnaaation, yoo.

Whatever C is I smash it big time, two handed style. An' givin inspirashun to the shortie, as he is no doubt in awe of my battle prowess and overall charizzzmah!
Indeeedz. An awe-inspiring 10, unless I have advantage somehow, in which case its 25.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lemme sur-waaaay the situation,
spread death and damnaaation, yoo.

Whatever C is I smash it big time, two handed style. An' givin inspirashun to the shortie, as he is no doubt in awe of my battle prowess and overall charizzzmah!
Indeeedz. An awe-inspiring 10, unless I have advantage somehow, in which case its 25.
C is probably the Colonel you numpty.:lol:

vazha

Arcane
I smash the colonel then! (hopefully will miss)

It's all Catacombs fault, he isnt telling us enough battle info.

are W-s the wolves? what's a H?

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
C'mon, guys. Combat is the heart of the game!

We're all battlefags here, right?

PCiMcHI.png

75srw2U.png

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
It's all Catacombs fault, he isnt telling us enough battle info.
Really? I thought I've been pretty clear on who's who on the map. I am always available to answer questions.

The turn summaries have the full name of relevant creatures on the battlefield. The cat isn't attacking, so it's not on the turn order. Regarding "c", Thomas (Kalarion) mentioned moving his familiar next to Brytter earlier in the battle, and it's been there ever since.

I get trolling Brytter, but there's nothing to gain attacking the familiar.

vazha

Arcane
Then I will opt for another action. I will flank the person brytter is facing, rather, I ll creep up on him as close as possible from behind and...

If you thought I d use this maneuver to attack with advantage, think again.

"YO MOMMA SO BIG SHE PROC COLOSSUS SLAYER!" - Mumbles gently whispers in bandits ear.
*vicious mockery ensues*

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Then I will opt for another action. I will flank the person brytter is facing, rather, I ll creep up on him as close as possible from behind and...

If you thought I d use this maneuver to attack with advantage, think again.

"YO MOMMA SO BIG SHE PROC COLOSSUS SLAYER!" - Mumbles gently whispers in bandits ear.
*vicious mockery ensues*
Now you've gone and upset the wolf.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Mumbles: The half-orc shouted obscenities at the wolf. And while the animal didn't understand Common, the tone rang familiar within the beast, dealing 2 points of mental damage.

Bodyguard 2: The bodyguard swung his sword at Kilur and missed completely.

Wolf 1: The wolf bites at Mardrey but missed.

Hunter: The hunter fired an arrow at Brytter, hitting the barbarian and doing 4 points of piercing damage.

Bodyguard 1: Mumbles noticed something moving about 50 feet away. He squinted and saw another bodyguard, hiding within among the trees. He called out the creature. Meanwhile, Bodyguard 1 fired an arrow at the half-orc, missing completely.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Wolf 2
Mumbles
Bodyguard 2
Wolf 1
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas <-- current turn
Mardrey
Jess
Wolf 4
Brytter
Colonel
Wolf 3

Battle map
+------------------+

diexONq.jpg

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thomas bellowed with pain as his leg was savaged by the wolf's bite. He whirled his staff sidewise and turned to bring the full force of his body to bear with his countering blow.

Only 2 hp left! F me. Well, no guts no glory. Rolling with advantage:
Attack Result.PNG

Hot damn!

"Might be time to... come back with the others... lass," Thomas gasped as he limped toward the fire.

I move as indicated after attacking the wolf.
Battle Map.jpg

If I didn't kill it... well at least it's still blind and will roll with disadvantage. Hopefully Thomas has learned a valuable lesson about melee combat (hint: he hasn't)

PS: Is there a quick and easy way to resize images so they're not half the screen's size? The battle map is a bear full-sized :D.

PPS: How do I do an advantage/disadvantage roll in roll20?

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Thomas: The wizard brought down his quarterstaff onto the wolf, dealing a fatal blow.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles
Bodyguard 2
Wolf 1
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey <-- current turn
Jess
Wolf 4
Brytter
Colonel
Wolf 3

Battle map
+------------------+

zGYT0it.jpg

PS: Is there a quick and easy way to resize images so they're not half the screen's size? The battle map is a bear full-sized :D.

I save the images at 700px wide. If that's too big, I can start saving them at 400px.

PPS: How do I do an advantage/disadvantage roll in roll20?

In Roll20, I set it so when Thomas attacks, you're given a prompt to roll the attack at advantage or at disadvantage. You can adjust this setting by going to your character sheet > clicking on the gear, next to CORE|BIO|SPELLS > click on roll queries

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom