Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán runs into Urash and Borric, after he sees Amon's plan. "Leave the theatrics to me, friend." He pulls Borric by the shoulder and runs for the gate.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Amon casts midnight about 5ft in front of Borric. And then begins to direct the dark cloud towards the belligerent oaf leader.

[1d100] Casting = 53 vs 70 = Success

Midnight makes a 10'x10'x10' cloud of darkness.
Actually Midnight is 4m^3, so more like 15x15x15, FWIW.

Amon begins his incantation, which will spring into effect 12 seconds from now ...

Marcán runs into Urash and Borric, after he sees Amon's plan. "Leave the theatrics to me, friend." He pulls Borric by the shoulder and runs for the gate.
"What's that the ancients say about the better part of valour?" Urash seizes the moment and makes a dash for the gate.

Marcán grabs Borric by the shoulder. The gigantic men are about 50 feet away and have spread out a little -- (From Borric's perspective) three have moved to the left of the market square stalls (toward Hornstoats) right behind their leader, while another two have moved around the other market stalls which leads them just past the south town gate.

U61tPgy.png

let me know if that doesn't look right to you or isn't how you envision your character in relation to the eithe the gate or the giants.

nikolokolus

Arcane
ERYFKRAD and Wayward Son Are you going to do anything before the gigantic folks close in on you? I'll give it until tomorrow to answer, otherwise we drop into combat once Amon's spell goes off in 12 seconds.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Mab looks up and says, "Though I wish for an honorable death, today is not the day my friends." Then tries to run back toward the gates of town where Urash and Rhenmyr are.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric realizes that his attempt to intimidate his foes probably didn't have the effect intended and decides that discretion is the better part of valor. He bravely falls back and runs as quickly as he can toward the gate hot on the heels of Mab. Sparing a glance over his shoulder Borric sees a globe of darkness spring to life about 15 feet in diameter and engulf the giant Sreng. Moggle, nimbly balanced on a window ledge laughs mockingly and leaps to one of the higher catwalks that criss-cross the narrow streets and begins hauling himself up some rigging that leads to a roof of a three storey building.

Sreng bellows in rage, "By the cold teet of Biera, what witchery is this? Don't let the little piker get away! Grab him!" The giants to Sreng's side jump back in confusion from the roiling ball of blackness and the two flanking around the market stalls pull up somewhat uncertainly, the gigantic figures spend several confused seconds looking at each other and the throng of people now abandoning the town and streaming out of the gate (including your humble troupe) before surging around Sreng's side and running towards the direction of Hornstoat's.

Moggle calls out from his high perch, "Never fear lads, these louts are no match for Moggle Ratsbane. May our paths cross again in happier circumstances." With that, he disappears over the edge of Hornstoat's roof. Sreng the giant is surrounded by the ball of blackness and it moves around with him as he stumbles loudly, crashing into stalls and crates. The five other giants disappear around the corner of an alley and their shouts fade, but more folk continue to flee en masse from the town in their wake. You can hear loud crashing noises and the sounds of snapping timber come from their general direction.

Amon can move and maintain concentration on the ball of darkness, but he'll need to maintain line of sight to direct it.

Last edited:
Amon watching his spell finally come to fuition and unasses himself from the square and heads towards the gate like everyone else. He keeps the ball of darkness between himself and the giant.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sorry for the long delay between posts. The holidaze usually have me pretty booked up with stuff. How about we jump back on Tuesday?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hafta work on Christmas. But then again, not Christian so I ain't missing out to begin with.

nikolokolus

Arcane
All of you have now fled from the market square and find yourselves about 30 yards from the town gate. More people are fleeing in terror from the clearly audible sounds of destruction. A minute or so later you hear a thunderous crash from the distance echo through the misty air, you look over the short timber walls of the town and see the a steeply pitched roof disappear from sight and a huge plume of dust and smoke fly into the air. More screams.

Skrixxax and Mog, the two gate guards are still jogging away from the town along the plank road along with dozens of terrified men, women, goat-men, and spindly-armed green-skinned figures. Some of them spare a glance your way, "Are ye' daft?! Run fer fookin' lives!" one of the green-skins, with badly mangled teeth shouts at you as he runs past.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Is that the way we need to go?" Rhenmyr points in the directions of the fleeing masses.

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Is that the way we need to go?" Rhenmyr points in the directions of the fleeing masses.
The mass of townsfolk are fleeing across the meadow in the direction you came from, out of the south gate. The road to Dreg is supposedly out of the town's eastern gate. There is a wide, stinking marsh flanking the town walls, which will make getting to the road to Dreg from here somewhat problematic . . . but not necessarily impossible -- a bit of pathfinding through the woods might be necessary.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Looking eastward Urash sees tangled, vine-choked woods about 100 yards off of the plank road. The ground looks marshy and swampy and tough going, but who knows, maybe it's passable.

Meanwhile more stragglers are running through the town gate out on to the road and look at you somewhat bewildered as they pass. More crashes and screams echo from over the wall as the giants continue their rampage.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Town sounds like suicide. Let's just cut through the marshes and be done with this place."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Okay. Unless anyone objects, how do proceed? Is anybody scouting, are you staying close together?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Let's just stick close by, keep our best tracker in front, but not separate from the group.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Sounds like we should proceed as before with Rhenmyr on point scouting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom