Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Skulks and bogeys sounds like us. Anyway, I'm ok with sooner as well. Especially if I can find someone to help undue the kicking I received."

Was there anyone in town who can cast heal? I'd like to take at least two hits in the ruckus that will no doubt follow.
Not from the town, some of your comrades perhaps? The apothecary can sell you an unguent that acts over several hours.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Skulks and bogeys sounds like us. Anyway, I'm ok with sooner as well. Especially if I can find someone to help undue the kicking I received."

Was there anyone in town who can cast heal? I'd like to take at least two hits in the ruckus that will no doubt follow.
Not from the town, some of your comrades perhaps? The apothecary can sell you an unguent that acts over several hours.

How much per ointment? I'm think I'm going to need more than 1, regardless of whether or not one of my companions step up to magically remedy my 18 point boot to the head.

nikolokolus

Arcane

How much per ointment? I'm think I'm going to need more than 1, regardless of whether or not one of my companions step up to magically remedy my 18 point boot to the head.
20 silver (100 200 bronzes, or maybe a bit less if you want to haggle.)

nikolokolus

Arcane
Let me know when you guys are done wasting your good rolls on unseenservant and are ready to meet your DOOM!

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm ready to board the ferry. Do we get an official divvy from the GM for the gold we found?

nikolokolus

Arcane
I'm ready to board the ferry. Do we get an official divvy from the GM for the gold we found?
I didn't divvy anything up, I leave that up to the players to sort out among themselves. For instance: Sreng's great big, fuck-off sword with the pattern-welded steel -- unclaimed. Sreng's girdle -- maybe claimed by Marcán, but I just saw you testing it out? Gold and silver coins carried by Sreng -- enumerated, but who gets what wasn't explicitly decided yet.

If people would prefer that I parcel out treasures to folks I can do that, but my assumption is that whoever takes the time to ask me what's on the body and loot something, gets the stuff, unless somebody expresses a desire for it. How do you guys want to handle this?

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
I say divvy the gold and silver up evenly and save the bronze to pay ogres. That can be divvied up evenly if and when they die or betray us. Sell the sword to the smith unless someone can and wants to use it and divvy that too.

Rhenmyr would like the girdle. Added armor would be nice, he is half dead, and he likes the hunter's scene on it.

Bargaining for long acting healing potion.
Bargain (41): [1d100] = 19

nikolokolus

Arcane
I say divvy the gold and silver up evenly and save the bronze to pay ogres. That can be divvied up evenly if and when they die or betray us. Sell the sword to the smith unless someone can and wants to use it and divvy that too.

Rhenmyr would like the girdle. Added armor would be nice, he is half dead, and he likes the hunter's scene on it.

apothecary's opposed bargain roll (60%) roll [1d100] = 49% vs. Rhenmyr's normal success (19) (higher roll without failing wins the opposed roll)
The apothecary agrees that you all have been very good for business, but refuses to budge on the price, saying that he's running low on golden moss and will have to get more shipped in sooner than he would have wished (normal prices for unguent: 20sp/200bp)

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron

apothecary's opposed bargain roll (60%) roll [1d100] = 49% vs. Rhenmyr's normal success (19) (higher roll without failing wins the opposed roll)
The apothecary agrees that you all have been very good for business, but refuses to budge on the price, saying that he's running low on golden moss and will have to get more shipped in sooner than he would have wished (normal prices for unguent: 20sp/200bp)

Damn it! 20 sp removed.
Rhenmyr buys one and uses it immediately.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán offers Rhenmyr a deal, wanting the girdle as well, a flip of a copper piece. "Luck is the ultimate balance, after all."

ERYFKRAD Giant fuck off sword sounds like your deal. You should probably have at that.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Marcán offers Rhenmyr a deal, wanting the girdle as well, a flip of a copper piece. "Luck is the ultimate balance, after all."

ERYFKRAD Giant fuck off sword sounds like your deal. You should probably have at that.
Borric tries the balance of the sword, to get a feel for it.

nikolokolus

Arcane

Borric tries the balance of the sword, to get a feel for it.
It's hefty and there is no mistaking that the blade itself is fancy; a wavy pattern almost like ripples on water. (make an evaluate roll or great-swords% roll (whichever is greater) to estimate the balance, and other qualities of the blade. Failing that, you can get the dwarf smith to look it over.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Luck (65): [1d100] = 50

"Tails it is. Take this healing potion though. I makes sense for both groups to have one."

Of course this likely means it's cursed in some manor. In which case you're welcome Siveon Giving you a 3d3 instant healing potion just in case. You can give it back if everything goes swimmingly in the manse.

edit
Test the girdle (INT=13) : [1d100] = 49 testing the thing with similar result. FAIL.

nikolokolus

Arcane
in the interest of expediency I'll skip having to cast Witchsight to get all of the particulars.
Girdle:
MP reservoir: 8
Cast: Far Striding
Effect:
doubles distance jumped vertically or horizontally for each MP spent (see jump skill): e.g. running long jump:1mp=4m, 2mp=8m, 3m=16m, etc. Vertical jumps require a successful jump roll or damage might be taken (depending on the height of the jump; typically greater than 3m).

While worn and depleted of some or all it's magic points, the wearer's MP recovery rate is halved. The belt replenishes itself once it has siphoned off enough of the wearer's MPs.

nikolokolus

Arcane
A couple of hours (or whatever passes for an hour) elapse (recover a pulse of Magic Points). Moggle says it's a few "tocks" from Gloaming; perhaps enough time to get to the island and back.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
So what are we doing with our ogres? Split them up between the group walking in and the stealth group? Keep them together? After the fight with Sreng, trying to create a diversion in town doesn't look like it would be effective unless they really started tearing the place up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom