Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
How far to the inn?
Rhenmyr is about 40 meters away (about 14 MOV away, but you aren't engaged in combat, so in a dead sprint you could get there in about half a round.)

Critical success (you can check the box next to Dexterity on your character sheet it's eligible for improvement on the next experience roll)
Borric braces himself on the lip of the skylight and srprings deftly to the other side of the sill.

L'ennui

Magister
As his spell fails to affect Sreng, Urash stares in amazement. "By the Gods... Such remarkable depths of idiocy, yet it talks and breathes!"

Urash takes a few steps back grips his staff tightly, waiting to see how the situation unfolds. He calls out: "Moggle, old chap! Best get out while the getting is good!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
So far Urash and Rhenmyr are delaying until the end of the round.

Forgot to say this earlier, I'll probably be a little bit busy this next week due to an unexpected family illness. I'll try to update when I can.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any way I can climb down into the tavern roof beams and leap down on Sreng with my maul?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Any way I can climb down into the tavern roof beams and leap down on Sreng with my maul?
Sure. You could climb through the roof and down on to a beam, then make a leap, but it would be about a 6 meter drop.so three rolls: a climb check to drop on to a beam, a jump check to mitigate 1D6 of falling damage, and an attack roll limited to CONx1 because he's enveloped in a roiling ball of blackness.

There are six smaller Giants in his retinue still inside the tavern who are not shrouded in darkness which would let you attack without beingblimited to CONx1. Your maul attack against them is limited by your jump skill percentage. On the plus side, if you successfully land an attack you double your damage bonus.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sreng bellows in rage as Marcán takes another whack at Sreng's kneecaps. (7 damage).

Sreng's henchmen seem to have gained their senses and raise their massive clubs and thunder behind him through the doors, heedless of the ball of darkness. Borric sees the fey-looking barkeeper weave his hands in a complex pattern, and hears him uttering strange syllables.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Are they all squeezing through the doorway Sreng is standing in or plowing through the walls or bunched up or what?

L'ennui

Magister
Is there a cart full of hay somewhere nearby, or anything else highly flammable? Fancy rugs, oil-fueled street lamps, etc.? Given that mind-affecting magic can't subdue these dimwits, alternative measures are called for.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Is there a cart full of hay somewhere nearby, or anything else highly flammable? Fancy rugs, oil-fueled street lamps, etc.? Given that mind-affecting magic can't subdue these dimwits, alternative measures are called for.
make a POWx3 Luck roll.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Alright guys, I'm home. Hit me with all of your crazy tactics, Salmon Leap hammer drops, ankle-biting sword thrusts and burned tavern plans
Urash looks about sees a small open barrel of smoking tar being used to seal the gunwales of a dry-docked fishing boat about 30 feet away from the open door of the tavern where Sreng and his cohorts are spilling out of.
Meanwhile, Borric drops from the beams overlooking the chaos of the tavern patrons falling over themselves to get out of the way of Sreng and his brutish henchmen. Fortunately he doesn't fall in the fire, but unfortunately he falls badly right after landing his blow on an unsuspecting ogre, injuring his ribs: Borric's falling damage for 6 meters: [2d6] = 7 damage (No armor roll) ERYFKRAD even though your jump was a failure, your attack succeeded against a defenseless, foe which is +50 percentiles to your skill against no dodge or parry (so still a normal success). Go ahead and make your damage roll with double your damage bonus because of the extra momentum of your drop (1d10+3+2d4)

nikolokolus

Arcane
7pB1lTc.png

Strike Ranks
INT Ranks

Urash 21
Amon 19
Marcán 15
Solon 14
Mab 11

DEX Ranks
Rhenmyr 18
Amon 16
Borric 14
Mab 11
Marcán 9
Urash 9
Solon 9
Sreng and Co. 6

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
What size of barrel are we talking about, is it something Urash could move by himself?
well, its SIZ is 12 (roughly 150lbs/70kg) so to move it with brute strength; i.e. lifting it and walking around, would require a STR 9 vs SIZ 12 resistance roll which is 35% for Urash. Kicking it and spilling its contents just requires a normal effort roll (45%) but frankly, its really not even that hard to spill it from where it sits, the roll would be "easy" which doubles your effort roll percentiles to 90% each round.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Alright guys, I'm home. Hit me with all of your crazy tactics, Salmon Leap hammer drops, ankle-biting sword thrusts and burned tavern plans
Urash looks about sees a small open barrel of smoking tar being used to seal the gunwales of a dry-docked fishing boat about 30 feet away from the open door of the tavern where Sreng and his cohorts are spilling out of.
Meanwhile, Borric drops from the beams overlooking the chaos of the tavern patrons falling over themselves to get out of the way of Sreng and his brutish henchmen. Fortunately he doesn't fall in the fire, but unfortunately he falls badly right after landing his blow on an unsuspecting ogre, injuring his ribs: Borric's falling damage for 6 meters: [2d6] = 7 damage (No armor roll) ERYFKRAD even though your jump was a failure, your attack succeeded against a defenseless, foe which is +50 percentiles to your skill against no dodge or parry (so still a normal success). Go ahead and make your damage roll with double your damage bonus because of the extra momentum of your drop (1d10+3+2d4)
Damage: [1d10] = 4+3+[2d4] = 5

12points

nikolokolus

Arcane
As far as I can tell from re-reading back a few posts, everybody but Marcán, Amon and Borric still has an action they can take. Hit me with whatchya got.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom