Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
While Cormac examines Borric, Rhenmyr douses the monster's remains in alcohol and set hit alight with a torch.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Oh, so that's what you were plannin', then. Shouldn't we move our... disabled out of the room with the burning horror?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sorry guys, I didn't get any notifications of new posts

Rhenmyr douses the infested body of the thing that was formerly a man with a pint of good brandy and sets the torch to it. Horrifically, a high pitched scream emerges from the abdomen of the man as the flames engulf it, piercing the gloomy silence of the tower.

A short time later Ker's eyes open flutter open and he lets out a low groan. He looks to weak to move. Borric continues to lie still as a corpse, but when you inspect him you notice that all over his face thin, green, capillary-like veins have spread out from his mouth and now cover his entire neck and face.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"We've got to do something or Borric will end up like yonder bonfire. Suggestions? We could try fire. It would hurt, but I doubt it would damage his appearance too much."

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
"What the...My head, what happened? I don't remember anything... Only that golden mead and..." Ker looks at Borric "Did...he eat something nasty ? He's all green..."
Ker tries to remember if he heard about such a condition during his druid apprenticeship

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ker can make a 3d6 intelligence check (he was out cold when everybody else was giving Borric an examination) . . . bear in mind you need healing; you are currently at 0 Hit Points and too weak to move around under your own power

nikolokolus

Arcane
With some help from your comrades you are carried over to Borric so you can examine him and try to ascertain what might be wrong with him.

Ker has never seen anything quite like this affliction. Although, straight away you recognize that the flora is very similar to mold or mushrooms, you don't recognize the variety.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
"Thanks, but the one...the one that need aid right now is Borric...it's some sort of fungal infection...Maybe that mead could help...or fire...probably fire..."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Lets try the mead. Fire can be a backup."

Rhenmyr fills a mug with mead tries to get Borric to swallow some.

Is Sakrates Lay on hands used up for the day or could he help?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Yes. Sokrates used his lay on hands to cure your rot grubs

When you draw the mug and move it to Borric's lips a bit of the stuff sloshes out and dapples his cheeks. Immediately there is a strange reaction; his mouth contorts in a very unnatural way, almost as if his lips were moving with a mind of their own - a way that normal human mouths don't move. However a wisp of smoke (or steam?) rises from the spot and the bloated, deformed flesh recedes a little bit and takes on a slightly less sickly aspect.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Hmm. That's promising. I hope this works." Rhenmyr covers his mouth and nose with one arm and pours mead over Borric's infected area.

nikolokolus

Arcane
As you pour out the mug over Borric's mouth (and down his throat) the same god-awful screech that you heard when you burned the vine-infested man's body emits as great hisses of steam belch forth from Borric's mouth. A minute or two passess and suddenly Borric lunges to a seated position and takes a great gulping breath of air, turns to his side and vomits forth a great gout of green goo all over the flagstones. In the middle of his pile of wretch there is a weird tenebrous psudopod with 2 small wriggling vines about 3 inches long squirming back and forth.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Like hell! We're reducing this whole creature to ashes!"

Is the fire still burning? I kind of want to punt the damn thing into our little bonfire. If not, booze + fire is acceptable.

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Like hell! We're reducing this whole creature to ashes!"

Is the fire still burning? I kind of want to punt the damn thing into our little bonfire. If not, booze + fire is acceptable.

The other body is burning low, but still burning - the infested corpse has fallen apart almost exactly like a campfire does after it starts to burn down to embers.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Punt away friend bard. If the remnant fire doesn't do the job, I've got another bottle of hooch to get it going again.

"Fire is the answer, right Ker?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Alright, what do I roll for punting?
automatic success, the thing is functionally helpless

Marcán runs over and kicks the horrific globule of writhing tentacles and oozing putrescence against the wall. It sails through the air and hits against a pantry door with a sickening thud and then slides to the floor where it twitches a couple of times and then goes still.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"That looked satisfying!" Rhenmyr says as he walks over to the new horror, douses it with a bit of alcohol, and sets it alight for good measure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom