Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Initiative: [1d6] = 2
Borric roars a guttural warcry as he brings his maul down on the Chief's shoulder, aiming to break bones.

Berserk effects? Or am I fatigued?@nikolokolus

nikolokolus

Arcane
Is there a rule between giving motivational speeches between Bardic Chants? Or can my chant sorta factor in to getting the village people off their asses?

Once you are chanting you need two full rounds, uninterrupted for it to take effect. Once you are done, you improve everyone's to-hit roll by +1, and allied NPCs get a +1 bonus to their morale, which means I need to roll to see if they get motivated at that time. You always have the option to stop your chant and just exhort them to action, but their morale check will definitely be higher once you finish your poetics

Initiative: [1d6] = 2
Borric roars a guttural warcry as he brings his maul down on the Chief's shoulder, aiming to break bones.
Berserk effects? Or am I fatigued?@nikolokolus

you are -2 to-hit and saves for an hour after going berserk, but you can still attack and move normally otherwise.

Rhenmyr sees an opening, and surges ahead with his spear levelled in front of him. The point bites deeply into Talorc's hide and draws a gout of blood with it. The enraged beast is clearly wounded, but pays no mind to its hurts.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric swings, but fails to connect. Instead his maul slams heavily into the flagstone and sends a shower of rock shards into the air.

Round 2 Order:
Brule
Urash, Rhenmyr
Talorc
Marcan, Borric
Mab
Ker, Cormac

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán finishes repeating his chant.

Ker can still take potshots without me now, right?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Yeah it does qualify. It's vaguely humanoid shape, and because I don't have orcs and hobgoblins running around all over the place, it would be a semi-useless ability if I disallowed it.

Flanking or attacking from behind grants a +2 bonus (+4 for thieves and assassins)

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash waits for an opportunity to throw his darts, but the constant shifting and maneuvering of the melee makes it difficult to get off a clean shot without risking hitting one of his companions (There's really no chance that Talorc will be isolated this round)

Marcán continues his full-throated boast (he can still move and attack this round without spoiling the chant)
Borric is flanking Talorc, with the worlfman's full attention on Brule (Roll to-hit normally, fatigue and flank cancel each other out).
Mab is still aiding Ker (he can leave his side and do something else if you want)
Ker is struggling to stay up (sorry, he's out of the fight, save to defend himself)
Cormac ... (I presume he is trying to catch up to the action?)

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán, badly wounded and weary from long days and nights in perilous swamps, and dark caves, summons his courage and rushes up behind Talorc with his gleaming orichalcum falcata. The slash bites deep into flesh and bone and nearly severs the head. Talorc spasms for a few seconds then topples forward with a loud crash into some nearby chairs.

Unlike his advisor, Talorc's body begins to rapidly change, reverting back to that of a barrel-chested man.

A great hush falls over the place as the gravity of the carnage in the feasthall presents itself.

L'ennui

Magister
Urash gradually eases his guard and walks over to Ker.

"Are you alright, friend? The demon is slain."

Turning to the crone, he bows reverently and adds:

"Wise one, when calm returns there is something I should like to show you."

Urash waves at the battered doors.

"As well, accept our thanks for your assistance."

nikolokolus

Arcane
The scene in the feasthall looks like an abbatoir. at least six, or possibly more, bodies in various states of mutilation are scattered around the room: servants, several children and a woman in a badly torn green gown adorned with silver and gold thread. Brule walks among the deceased and shakes his head wearily, "His whole family. What madness . . ."

Several of the villagers cautiously press in around the door to get a look, but none seem willing to cross the threshold. A child weeps, several people can be heard gagging. The three captured bodyguards of Talorc look out over the the village staring dazedly, and dispassionately. Brule shouts again, "Get a rope!" and roughly grabs one of the bodyguards by the scruff of his neck, dragging him into the feasthall.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ymae's looks up at Urash distractedly, "Oh? Oh yes, of course dear . . " She turns her careworn face back to the scene in the feasthall, her mouth a thin grim line and her brows knitted.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr shadows Cormac in his survey of the greathall, mindfull of Rashid and the unaccounted bodyguards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom