Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Play Arcanum the way it should be with my COOL UBER patch.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/~chris/

Many pictures in the site.
Look and decide.
Easy installation.

Features.

1) It balances tech-magick-melee in combat .You should now have equally difficult times in advancing your character as a melee fighter mage or tech. This have happened by improving certain tech items as the charged ring , capping speed that you can achieve with spells like haste, putting new items that help tech chars more and see 4) you have to rely on many spells now if you are a mage not just in say harm , or fireball. This adds variety to the game.

2)It eliminates what are really exploits in the game mechanics' . For example you cannot now play a mage get fire flash and then go to the wilderness start killing things and become level 40 in just one hour. And agility of fire now increases speed instead of dexterity . No more i cast it then put points in melee that stay when spell is not cast.

3) Random encounters are now much more difficult are scaled by your level happen less frequently near the start area and stop happening from level 35 until 48.

4) Monsters now have elemental immunities . A lot are immune to fire and many are immune to harm .

5)The X-Files quest(2 skulls) now comes to a much more satisfactory conclusion.

6)A new limited form of Teleportation now available to every character in game. It requires items and is limited in destination and departure. You can teleport to Tarrant, Caladon, Qintara only from almost all the gods shrines and a few other locations.

7) A few areas like the starting area, Shrouded hills and 2 more have been changed completely.

8) More than 12 new areas compared to normal Arcanum. Most of those areas are extremely challenging.

9) New class of items. Charms of the gods here and more here that work like the charms in Diablo LOD . They give you benefits when they are equipped.

10) New class of items . Divine weapons that have a chance to cast new cool spells if you have the requirements.

11)A few quests have been added.

12) You can now change all your followers professions . Than means that you force them to spend their characters points the way you want not their way .For example you can force Virgil to level like Raven or Virgil to level like Sogg.

Pictures
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/~chris/teleport1.htm
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/~chris/random.htm
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/~chris/immune.htm
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/~chris/CrashSite.htm
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/~chris/ShroudedHills.htm
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/~chris/charm1.htm
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/~chris/charm2.htm
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/~chris/items.htm
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/~chris/proffesioncheat.htm

XENTO LOOK AT THIS CLOSELY .
100 % PIMPING ACTION BUT I HAVE CONTENT.
SEE ?

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Oh and there is a special pig in game now.
A pig that loves thongs and hates negative feedback.

No names of course used for that pig.
You have to guess.

And an update because somebody asked about if it is possible to uninstall this patch.

I believe that the installer creates an uninstaller that you can access from your control panel. It certainly does this on windows 2000 that i use and i believe that it should do it on all versions of windows.

But you would also have to go to

c:\sierra\arcanum\data\ and delete everything inside the data folder

and in

c:\sierra\arcanum\modules\arcanum\maps\ and delete everything inside the folder maps.

That should complete the uninstallation.

Adapt the directories to where you have installed arcanum. (Do a search for arcanum.exe) if you do not remember.

And yes older savegames (normal arcanum savegames) will not work with this patch unless you remove it.

http://community.vugames.com/WebX?233@@ ... e=.efde804

Psilon

Erudite
Looks good, Chris! Ditto what Spazmo said--I'm working on Wizardry 8 right now.

I'm curious, though: how did you allocate the immunities? Do you have in-game reasons for some of the immunities, or is it more of an arbitrary get-rid-of-cheap-tricks thing?

For instance, I can understand making undead immune to Harm (as an example--I haven't tried your mod) since they're not living beings, but I'd think that all that fur on a black bear would burn very nicely. The spiders seem like a nifty addition, by the way.

Astromarine

Erudite
Congratulations on your mod. I'll probably play it after I finish the game I'm playing currently.

Just a question though. Any particular reason you added the "balance" mod and the "enhancement" mod together? I would have *much* preferred to play the "standard" game with the balance tweaks and then experimented with the new additions. Aahwell, it is like it is, and I'll play it anyway, I'll just wait till I finish the game first

chrisbeddoes

Erudite

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
OK, a few thoughts after playing the mod for a little while

* Sogg Mead Mugg now attacks me for no apparent reason everytime I use the Unlocking Cantrip to open a locked container/door.

* The amount of traps is a bit annoying. Too many reloads due to either me or my followers dying because of traps.

* Harm has become almost completely useless. Is it just me, or does it suck away Fatigue rather than injuring the opponent?

* The regular tiny spiders now cast Harm whenever hit. Why?

* The new houses in Shrouded Hills don't show up on the map.

* Some of the charms seem to be a lot more heavy than their bonus warrants. Carrying a 1000 stone charm around that gives you +6 Fatigue seems fairly pointless.

Some good stuff in there, but it seems to need some finetuning.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Azael said:
OK, a few thoughts after playing the mod for a little while

* Sogg Mead Mugg now attacks me for no apparent reason everytime I use the Unlocking Cantrip to open a locked container/door.

Do you do this in Shrouded Hills ? Are you doing it to steal stuff from people ? Because you know Sogg is from Shrouded Hills too.

Sogg

The amount of traps is a bit annoying. Too many reloads due to either me or my followers dying because of traps

How many points did you spent in spot traps ?

Harm has become almost completely useless. Is it just me, or does it suck away Fatigue rather than injuring the opponent?

Harm now does magick damage . It also does 2/3 rds of the damage that it did previously.
When a creature is described as magick immune harm does zero damage on it.

The regular tiny spiders now cast Harm whenever hit. Why?

It is not harm.
--------------------------
Many animals have it .
It does poison damage.
Damage increases according to the level of the animal that has it .

These animals have this shield because they carry some part of Moorindal the god of evil inside them.

You see long ago Moorindal the god of evilness organized huge giant corrupted ceremonies (orgies) with lots of people and animals.
In that orgies he interbreed with a lot of female animals and a lot of monstrosities were born from that process. Female pigs were corrupted in these satanic ceremonies by the satanic corrupted god of evil himself and as a result many animals now carry the blood of Moorindal inside them .
Some of these animals are pigs, shiver bit, some species of spiders, enraged boars and even some humans.

So when you attack those creatures from a melee range the evil blood of Moorindal that is inside them is dropped and Moorindal sensing that you attack part of him cast’s this spell that slowly fills you with poison.

Different animals have different graphic’s but this attack is always causing you Resistable Poison damage equal to the level of the creature that you damage.

So yes it is perfectly normal and it was intended to be this way.

I do not know why the evil god Moorindal chose female pigs as his companions on those evil ceremonies.
And I never want to meet him and ask him to find out .
But it may be beause pigs are dirty and corrupted animals . Oh mayby he liked the fact that they are fat as pigs . There is a certain quality of sin in it.

Also consider the charms of Moorindal .
Each gives you +10 to poison resistance but if you equip even one your maximum aligment can only by -10.

Moorindal created those charms in order to help; his evil followers.

Now these spells in animals can really kill your followers if they fight with melee weapons unless you increase their poison resistance and I have placed items in the game that allow you to do that .

A good idea is also to give your followers big and slow damaging weapons instead of fast and little damaging weapons .

Anyway this increases the complexity of combat and i think that in Arcanum this is a good thing.

-----------------------------------------

The new houses in Shrouded Hills don't show up on the map

Correct . I made 2 versions of the Arcanum.PATC0
One without the Shrouded Hills town map (15 Mbytes)
One with the Shroude Hills town mao included (22.5 Mbytes)

Including it would increase the download size about 7 Mbytes.
I decided it was not worth it for the dial up user.

Some of the charms seem to be a lot more heavy than their bonus warrants. Carrying a 1000 stone charm around that gives you +6 Fatigue seems fairly pointless.

If you are an ogre with a strentgh of 24 this stone mayby helpful.

Consider also that speed is capped at 18 .
That means : With a dex of 20 you would normally have a speed of 25 .
Since speed is capped in 18 even with moderate encuberance your speed with still be 18.

That means that you can carry a lot without penalty .

Yet again these stones are worthless to a mage yes .
But i do not want to help a mage . I wanted to help weaker builds .

Thank your for your valuable critisism and feedback . Please play it more and tell me more .
That will help me a lot to impove it in the future.(hopefully)

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Well, I could understand it if I was trying to rob the bank that Sodd would get a bit pissed at me, but when I do it to open the barrel next to Lukan? Especially since he didn't object to me beating the living hell out of the Witless.

I spent only one point in Spot Traps, but it's obvious that a lot more is needed. Thanks for clearing up the rest.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Azael said:
Well, I could understand it if I was trying to rob the bank that Sodd would get a bit pissed at me, but when I do it to open the barrel next to Lukan? Especially since he didn't object to me beating the living hell out of the Witless.

I spent only one point in Spot Traps, but it's obvious that a lot more is needed. Thanks for clearing up the rest.

Hmm. Sogg is flagged as being a resident of Shrouded Hills . I do not know why he freaks .I remember he was doing something like this in the unmoded game but it was when i tried to open the town smith barrel.I did not alter him in anyway.

What is your beauty stat ? Is it 8 or less ? If it is less than 8 then you know people in Arcanum are swallow ( unlike in people in real life of course :) )
They will forgive a lot of actions that a beautiful person will do but not actions of an ugly person.

As for the starting area well it has a lot of ugly traps there . But if you noticed it also has a lot of cool loot.
And i believe that the traps are very close to the cool loot.

For example i have placed a lot of traps circling 3 nice containers with good stuff. It should be difficult for a low level to get thatr staff.

But ok your critisism are valid . I will try to fix what i can silently.

Thank you.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
I have uploaded a new version.
Sogg fixed. No more hostiles.
Book explaining Moorindal blood shield added.
2 books with ppl feedback these 2 last days added explaining issues in starting safe.
This ring added at the starting house.

WebX

So Azael how good are my a%ss kis... ehh I meant my public relations skillz ?

stormwell55

Novice
chrisbeddoes said:

You have to guess.

Is there a connect to either Blackout Mods or Fan Made Fallout?

I'm guessing its either Xento or someone from FMF.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
stormwell55 said:
chrisbeddoes said:

You have to guess.

Is there a connect to either Blackout Mods or Fan Made Fallout?

I'm guessing its either Xento or someone from FMF.

HA HA HA !

No no connection whatsoever.

Guess again !

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Hmm, there is only one way to find out. Everyone knows that Chucky is fond of girls in tongs, so if you see one in this mod then chrisbeddoes=Chuck Cuevas, hiding in the last place anyone would look for him. :lol:

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Hmm, there is only one way to find out. Everyone knows that Chucky is fond of girls in tongs, so if you see one in this mod then chrisbeddoes=Chuck Cuevas, hiding in the last place anyone would look for him. :lol:

As for Fallout POS yes it sucks.

Vault Dweller this large trout is free for you !!!!

Finally : That pig in my mod is just a big foul arrogant smelling big pig that loves thongs , hates feedback and pisses " Tim the quality gaming god " statue . No connection whatsoever with real life people .

Please do not tell anyone that this pig has anything to do with a real life person .

I strongly deny it .

Strong desclaimer : Nothing contained in my mod has any connection whatsoever with real life people or names .

Any connection that you may find is purely 100 % coincidental . Thank you.

Finally Tim is also a generic common english name . Nothing to do with anybody you may know .

Thank you .

Chris.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Well ok . Just uploaded Hard Arcanum version 1.03 This version ( requires new game start) (new instalation) does the following .

1)Fixed the small lev 1 spiders bug that appeared in the version with the Azael ring. +++(second version)

2) Adds the 4 quests in Shrouded Hills if you are a member of the thieves underground.(Just talk to Natalie after you become a member . Before she will ignore you). +++

3) Harm now does 3-20 points fatigue damage.

+++

4) Regenerate one of the most useless high level spells before now gives you a big bonus to melee damage +10

+++ 5) Tempus Fugit because the max speed is still 18 has far less cost to maintain still slows your enemies and now maxes 95 % your fire resistance.

+++ 6) Reflection Shield now gives you +6 to perception temporarely when cast . Why ? Because I thought that some people might want to roleplay a ginslinger that hates mages but not magick and uses reflection shield to turn all evil spells back to their evil users.

+++

7) General housekeeping some spelling errors gone , some things named.

+++

8) If you now become a full member of the thieves underground when the coward constable sees you he will die from his fear . He will say something like . No !! It is (your name) the famous member of the thieves underground ! Please do not kill me !! and die from his fear while the others laugh.

This was done to preserve another quest and that coward constable death is not a terrible loss anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom