Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape: Torment - Profound changes

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Qwinn said:
and demanding kensai mages.

Course not. That would be lame, and you know it wouldn't be convincing, so you maintain silly arguments about how illogical it is to lose one classes' skills after it's pointed out that you weren't bothered by losing any of the others.

Maybe you don't want a kensaimage. Maybe you do have another reason. But whatever it is, I don't believe that's your -real- reason, because the reason you're -giving- me is lame.

Sorry to say but this claim is lame as well. If no one raised that issue, then do not assume someone did. If the reason given is lame, so be it, you can counter it easily. If people still insist and there is nothing more to say, then say nothing and ignore them. But to claim that they meant something else than what they said is dishonest.

Seriously, the Codex can be retarded sometimes but it's not really the place where people would like to keep unbalance in a game; actually at the start of the discussion people thought it would make the game even easier! I thought the same until you corrected this mistake and gave your justifications.

hiver

That might be but the only thing relevant here is has some dev really said that they literally intended to have pure classes all the time from the beginning and that they really wanted that in the game to work like that.

Im just curious.

Don't tell me and everyone else on the board that I'm a blatant bullshitter when I'm provably not, and then expect me to be Mr. Happy Sunshine, okay? Especially when you're nowhere near an apology yet, you're still just laying it on thicker.
Thats because your trying to bullshit the bullshitters as that quote above in Gragt post is showing. Or this one.

Qwinn

Scholar
That might be but the only thing relevant here is has some dev really said that they literally intended to have pure classes all the time from the beginning and that they really wanted that in the game to work like that.

No, no designer has explicitly said that. Instead, they reveal those intentions by the fact that every single class skill, except one, the primary fighter perk of a high THACO, does not transfer to other classes. Don't you think if the intent had been to multiclass, there would be a second ability that crossed over? (besides number of attacks, which was definitely, positively a result of an Infinity Engine limitation - it's why Swashbucklers in BG2 can specialize in weapon proficiency but don't get the extra attack per round from it).

We can believe that the designers goofed, screwed up, and didn't -mean- for no mage skills to cross over to other classes, didn't -mean- to let no thief skills cross over to other classes, didn't -mean- to not let thieves and mages use clubs and hammers.... all that was all unintentional... and they -did- intend that switching to a level 3 mage would let you keep equal melee damage and have far better AC than being a level 15 fighter... and they -intended- all the other class imbalances that screw up the game's challenge and make it way too easy... but THACO was meant to cross over.

Or, we can assume that everything else is working the way it was intended, and THACO was messed up.

The latter seems a bit more likely to me.

I have heard no reasonable argument for why they'd choose to only make that -one- attribute multiclassable while every other attribute is dual classable... except that it was an engine bug/limitation. And an engine bug/limitation in something like this is -very very- likely.

Qwinn

Qwinn

Scholar
Sorry to say but this claim is lame as well. If no one raised that issue, then do not assume someone did. If the reason given is lame, so be it, you can counter it easily. If people still insist and there is nothing more to say, then say nothing and ignore them. But to claim that they meant something else than what they said is dishonest.

Alright, fair enough. I stand corrected. I formally apologize for the implication, and to be honest, no, although I thought I detected it earlier, I'm no longer getting that vibe from anyone.

Qwinn

Mantiis

Cipher
I always wondered why Thac0 remained the same but my thieving skills or spells didnt.

I like how fix no1 directly affects fix no2. Basically you are saying that you can have the benefit of fighter HP no matter what class you are but you aren't allowed to have the Thac0 benfit.

I remember working to level TNO to fighter level 6 so that I could have that HP bonus and then doing the Mebbeth quests to become a mage. Now with this change I don't need to do that which means less work for me but for some reason that makes me a little empty.

Combat is such a small part of the game - I don't see the need to muck around with the mechanics of it, I do see your point though.

Silellak

Cipher
Qwinn said:

Alright, fair enough. I stand corrected. I formerly apologize for the implication, and to be honest, no, although I thought I detected it earlier, I'm no longer getting that vibe from anyone.

Qwinn

For what it's worth (nothing), I'm impressed. The very fact that you were able to admit you were wrong, apologize for it, and have actually spent your free time creating something for other people to enjoy - instead of just bitching about anything and everything that anyone else puts out there - puts you ahead of most of the posters at the Codex.

Keep up the good work. You have more right to be an asshole - even if you aren't - than anyone who is calling you one.

Qwinn

Scholar
Heh, well, thank you, and at the risk of unimpressing you, here's some additional explanation for why I said what I said. This is not a retraction of the apology, but an explanation of my train of thought that led to it.

Let me put it this way. I'm having a hard time believing that people are sincere in arguing that it's not a bug, that it was intended to be that way, when it is so out of place and so contrary to the entire rest of the mechanism regarding changing classes. Maybe they -like- the bug. That's one thing. But the arguments I've heard that it's not a bug and that it was intended -have- been lame, and I think I -have- countered them easily.

And if that's a given... if you come to believe that it's not that they disagree that it's a bug, but that they -like- the bug, then what they're asking for is to keep the ability to keep exploiting the bug. -That- is where my sense of "they just want a kensaimage" came from. It's not really accurate, though, I concede. I can't honestly imply that the motivation is that people want to have a kensai-mage, but it -does- seem that they want to be able to keep exploiting bugs, and really, in my mind, that's not all that different.

Qwinn

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
That's the problem when you start to assume things. If you're right and can't really prove it (and if you can prove it, you should) you might appear to be an asshole, but if you're wrong, then you are the asshole. It's safer to stick to what people say and only address it.

Anyway you gave a sign of good will, I hope it will unload the situation and get the thread back on rails.

Silellak

Cipher
Qwinn said:
Heh, well, thank you, and at the risk of unimpressing you, here's some additional explanation for why I said what I said. This is not a retraction of the apology, but an explanation of my train of thought that led to it.

Let me put it this way. I'm having a hard time believing that people are sincere in arguing that it's not a bug, that it was intended to be that way, when it is so out of place and so contrary to the entire rest of the mechanism regarding changing classes. Maybe they -like- the bug. That's one thing. But the arguments I've heard that it's not a bug and that it was intended -have- been lame, and I think I -have- countered them easily.

And if that's a given... if you come to believe that it's not that they disagree that it's a bug, but that they -like- the bug, then what they're asking for is to keep the ability to keep exploiting the bug. -That- is where my sense of "they just want a kensaimage" came from. It's not really accurate, though, I concede. I can't honestly imply that the motivation is that people want to have a kensai-mage, but it -does- seem that they want to be able to keep exploiting bugs, and really, in my mind, that's not all that different.

Qwinn

Whoa man, calm down, I wasn't even finished editing my post to insert just the right amount of skarniness and you'd already replied.

I think what happened was that some people genuinely, and perhaps legitimately, questioned whether or not this was the intent of the developers. I admit I was one of them when I first read the changes that were being made.

After being shown that all evidence points towards this being the intent of the developers, most of us accepted your arguments, but a few refused to give in and instead decided to follow the standard internet strategy of "don't admit you're wrong, just repeat the same argument, making it stupider and stupider until the other person goes away."

The fact you've gone so far as to contact one of the original designers and discuss your changes with him shows your dedication to actually improving the game and not just inserting your own random ideas. You've done your best to fix bugs and finish the game in the way that, based on your best guesses, the designers intended. The only people who can fault you for that are those who insist on finding fault in anything.

And sure, at times you probably come across as "snarky" when defending your creation. Anyone who has actually bothered to create something - especially for free - will get frustrated and defensive when questioned by people who clearly have no idea what they're talking about and are just arguing for the sake of not admitting they were wrong.

Part of the problem is, it IS a little silly to accuse people in the Codex of not wanting to let go of their Kensai Mages, because, while many of the posters here may have quite a few flaws - wanting to powergame their way through a game and make it as easy as possible is not one of them. Most people here - myself included - view the combat in Torment as its weakest quality. I think they'd actually welcome added challenge. However, you'd have to frequent this place to know that, so what's obviously a ridiculous claim from that point-of-view makes perfect sense to you. I imagine you've been questioned before by people who ARE just afraid of losing their badass Nameless One, but trust me, this place is not one of them.

We have a whole different kind of crazy here.

Qwinn

Scholar
We have a whole different kind of crazy here.

LOL. Well, for what it's worth, I do prefer the kind of craziness that I'm sensing prevails around here, so hopefully I'll be welcome long enough to outgrow my noobishness as to the prevailing culture.

Thanks for the kind words :)

And btw, I'm not not "calm"... I'm rather enjoying the debate. If I'm a prolific poster, it's cause I type over 100 words per minute and can pretty much get the words out as fast as I can think 'em. I've been told it can be a bit overwhelming and make me come across as more excitable than I really am, sorry bout that :)

I think what happened was that some people genuinely, and perhaps legitimately, questioned whether or not this was the intent of the developers. I admit I was one of them when I first read the changes that were being made.

I think it's a perfectly legitimate point to raise and question upon first hearing it. It's not a dead simple issue, the ramifications of its effects on the game mechanics are deep and all the exploits are not immediately obvious to someone who's been used to the bug for 8 years. Absolutely. It took me 9 months of deep digging to realize what was going on, but once I realized it and thought about it, it now seems very obvious. I didn't expect people to just accept it off the bat, and I don't think there was any snarkiness at all in my first posts because I knew that to be the case, and that's why I came here to make the case for it. I just think that, once that evidence is presented, it is very strong and it becomes illegitimate to just discard/ignore all of it as some posters have done, that's all.

Qwinn

trais

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
If you're just fixing bugs, then make it work as manual says it should. Doing anything else in bugfix is silly.

hiver

:decline of the codex:

:lol:

Just kidding, just kidding... this is my first decline of the codex tagg :P
ahh many years of decline are ahead of me.

Yeah. It was nice of him to apologize.
Now i need to do my comic relief exit scene for tonight so...

For my part in this i can really only say that im glad im going away from this (to my bed) knowing that Chris Avellone thinks like me.
And that i started to forget every sentence in the game which is a SIGN i should probably play it again sometime soon.
Perhaps "as it was meant to be" :? :x

-edit-
nah, i would write some more but im too sleepy. im writing this with one eye squinting as it is.
later

Disconnected

Scholar
trais said:
If you're just fixing bugs, then make it work as manual says it should. Doing anything else in bugfix is silly.
Normally I'd agree, but this is about as clear a case of a broken game mechanic as you can get. Nerfing thief/mage THAC0 is an obvious improvement and more in line with the rules PS:T is based on. In this case, I don't really think it matters whether it's a bug or a brainfart.

Go for it Qwinn. And thanks for your work so far :)

Qwinn

Scholar
As for the whole challenge thing... I think I'd better make sure I'm not getting anyone's hopes up too much. I think the combination of these two bugs will make the game more challenging for most (not all) builds. But "more challenging" does not equal "challenging". It probably still won't really be. To make it challenging on the level of, say, BG2, would take still more work than I've done, and it really would have to come in terms of some sort of Tactics style mod, because I do believe the -biggest- reason it's too easy is that it was balanced for solo play, not for a party of 6. It is impossible to balance a single game for both unless you're deliberately scaling fight difficulty to the size of the party, which PS:T never does.

I think overall my fixes do make it somewhat more challenging simply because the bugs I've found do tend to make it easier rather than harder, but I fix them either way. The result is likely going to be a little more challenging, but don't expect miracles.

Qwinn

Qwinn

Scholar
OH! Forgot to mention. I did create a new tweak in the tweak pack that does make the game more challenging, and combat a little more exciting. It's called the RunningAttack tweak. Almost all creatures walk rather than run in combat, unless they're fleeing or Morte put Litany of Curses on them. That tweak makes most creatures in later stages of the game run rather than walk.

I've gone through my test playthrough with it active, and I like it. It's always been kinda dull hearing every High Threat Construct in Rubikon finish their line with "It leaps to the attack." and then casually saunters over to you.

(I could use that text in the dialogue to justify making it a fix rather than a tweak, and I think that'd be reasonable actually, but I don't wanna have to fight about that one too, and I know people would.)

It should make the kiting strategy that makes the Fiend FMB fight completely trivial a much harder challenge, too. I'm almost there in my test playthrough, so we'll see.

Qwinn

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Qwinn said:

I think it's a perfectly legitimate point to raise and question upon first hearing it. It's not a dead simple issue, the ramifications of its effects on the game mechanics are deep and all the exploits are not immediately obvious to someone who's been used to the bug for 8 years. Absolutely. It took me 9 months of deep digging to realize what was going on, but once I realized it and thought about it, it now seems very obvious. I didn't expect people to just accept it off the bat, and I don't think there was any snarkiness at all in my first posts because I knew that to be the case, and that's why I came here to make the case for it. I just think that, once that evidence is presented, it is very strong and it becomes illegitimate to just discard/ignore all of it as some posters have done, that's all.

That was my first initial feeling on your proposed 2nd fix. It seemed more like a bug fix that YOU felt was a bug, and would also help "balance" things. However, after reading all 4 pages of this and the facts you provided, I'm all on board. If it works as you have stated, I think it would be a nice addition to a bug fix.

trais

Arcane
Patron
Disconnected said:
trais said:
Normally I'd agree, but this is about as clear a case of a broken game mechanic as you can get. Nerfing thief/mage THAC0 is an obvious improvement and more in line with the rules PS:T is based on. In this case, I don't really think it matters whether it's a bug or a brainfart.
I understand that manuals aren't holy books written by omniscient beings, but I'd assume that people who write them usually know what they are doing. Of course, you can say that you can do better and actually improve the game, but that more like modding and less like bugfixing. And I do believe that fixing bugs is all that Qwinn intends to do.

Drakron

Arcane
Qwinn said:
AC is a measure of your dexterity (which all classes do benefit from equally) and items you're wearing. How is any aspect of AC besides dexterity a "natural ability"?

I am sorry but AC is not a measure of dexterity, Dex can give a bonus to AC and I can easy point out dragons continue to raise their AC as they grow older even when their Dex does not.

Its not 3rd Ed. that had base AC and then separated all the bonus ... 2nd ed. AD&D was far more basic.

"Natural" melee capability that you can access regardless of your class is already in game. One kind is called "Strength".

Strength is strength, it gives a bonus to THAC0 using certain weapons but its not THAC0 ... THAC0 is governed by its own table and not depended on strength.

Another kind is called "Weapon Proficiencies". And, in fact, though it'd be better if it were otherwise, you'll still have "Number of Attacks".

Incorrect, weapon proficiency means just that ... being proficient with the weapon and it was a "learned" skill but since 2nd Ed. AD&D system did not allowed learning weapon skills outside the class.

And by the way, from equipment mages have far better AC than fighters. That's part of the problem. The THACO bug makes a mage better in combat than a plain fighter, without casting a single spell. That's just screwed up. How does any of the logic you guys are giving me justify that sort of ass-wiping with class balance?

And we reach the crux of the issue.

2nd Ed. AD&D is NOT a class balanced system, its not intended to be a class balanced system and in no circumstances should it be a class balanced system.

Let me illustrate. You've got a level 15 fighter/level 3 mage. He has an AC of 0, and he uses Celestial Fire as a dagger cause he likes pointy things. He switches class to 3rd level mage. He now has the exact same THACO, the exact same number of attacks, and he can wear AC boosting items that improve his AC to -5. He not only deals the exact same melee damage but he's 25% harder to hit. He's a -way- better fighter as a level 3 mage than as a level 15 fighter, -and- he can cast spells. Is that even sane?

If you want for me to point out "the fighter is useless" then I would be doing what many have been doing for years ... we know, it breaks down at mid level and its very broken at high level were spellcasters are kings.

Its not new and transitioned to 3rd Ed D&D.

Also as I said, PS:T broken the ruleset by allowing TNO to jump classes.

I don't see how THACO is any more a "natural ability" than stealthing or backstabbing, I really don't. Nor do I see logic behind the demand that you get to keep a great THACO with -daggers- all the time, but be unable to even equip axes and hammers. So THACO with daggers is a natural ability that one never loses, but THACO with an axe is entirely different?

I am talking base THAC0, as you know (or sould) it means To Hit Armor Class Zero and its simply means on how good someone is to hit things.

You bring up daggers but you forget something, the THAC0 with a dagger IS different that the THAC0 with a bow ... when using a bow its not STR that gives the bonus to THAC0 but DEX, I am talking of the BASE THAC0 and not the MODIFIED THAC0 that exists after ALL bonus AND penalties are applied to it.

Also you are correct in on how its no more of a natural ability that stealth or backstabbing but hey, there was a reason why Bards and Thieves in the event of becoming Lawful lost further class progression but retained their class abilities or when they dual class and retain then.

But that is just pure ruleset reasoning ...

And now for my opinion.

Honestly ... the fighter in PS:T sucked even more that it usually did 2nd ed. AD&D because of how the fighter is depended on equipment and what the game did was restrict equipment ... armor? swords? bows? shields?

However you are arguing the way to help the fighter is to ... remove one of remaining reason to play as one, THAC0 and that is not helping the class, its just making it even more obsolete.

Also its my opinion ... you are not going to change it but then again, you hardly need my support for doing whatever you want.

Oeolycus

Novice
How do we account for errors in the manual? I don't remember if I saw that CA responded on this. I don't care one way or another if it's 1d10 or 1d4, but BI/Troika manuals have had erroneous information in them before.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Oeolycus said:
How do we account for errors in the manual? I don't remember if I saw that CA responded on this. I don't care one way or another if it's 1d10 or 1d4, but BI/Troika manuals have had erroneous information in them before.
Indeed. Both Fallouts had a large section with a manual errata in their readme files, and Arcanum's manual also had several things wrong. That's understandable, since manuals are usually finalized when a game is still in development.

Qwinn

Scholar
I am sorry but AC is not a measure of dexterity, Dex can give a bonus to AC and I can easy point out dragons continue to raise their AC as they grow older even when their Dex does not.

I'd say this is an appropriate rebuttal when TNO starts growing scales all over his body that hardens as he levels. But since PS:T doesn't have Red Dragon Disciples, the fact remains that his only two sources of AC are dexterity (which does apply to all classes, and is "natural") and items that you are wearing. That's it. And I didn't say "AC is dex", I said "AC is dex and items". If I am wrong as far as TNO is concerned, please tell me where else he gets some.

The reason this matters is because you claimed AC was some "natural ability" that should cross classes. Well, the dexterity does. So the only other thing that can mean is that... what... class restrictions on items should be removed? Well, I do have a tweak that lets fighters and thieves use the AC4 and AC6 armor bracers, which was my way of trying to resolve the class imbalances before I realized what was really causing them.

2nd Ed. AD&D is NOT a class balanced system, its not intended to be a class balanced system and in no circumstances should it be a class balanced system.

Erm. Okay. If you say so. I disagree. Chris Avellone seems to disagree as well, since he acknowledged that the proposed fix made sense as far as class balance goes. An odd statement for him to make if he agreed that under no circumstances should classes be balanced.

If you want for me to point out "the fighter is useless" then I would be doing what many have been doing for years ... we know, it breaks down at mid level and its very broken at high level were spellcasters are kings.

I actually don't think that's the case in PS:T, because mage spells are much weaker in PS:T than they are BG1/BG2. Look at Cone of Cold, 5th level spell. In PS:T, it's 1d4+1 per level, to a maximum of 10. In BG2 it's also 1d4+1 per level, but maximum level is 20. That's a vast difference. And Cone of Cold is one of the best PS:T damage spells for it's level. When the 20th level mage's Cone of Cold is no better than the 10th level mage's, the mage is no longer king of high levels.

I haven't gone over it analytically to make sure, but in PS:T I don't think there's a spell below 7th level that is as effective and damaging as a BG2 3rd level Fireball.

I actually think the classes will be much more balanced after these fixes are applied, but if any one -is- more powerful/easier than the others, it will actually be fighters. Both the other classes are going to have a hard time dealing out the kind of massive damage that 3.5 attacks per round of Celestial Fire can dish out. And you will now have a reason to take one beyond 13.

So no, I don't accept your position that fighters are useless as designed, or that therefore a bug that gimps over all their better attributes to the other two classes is acceptable.

Also as I said, PS:T broken the ruleset by allowing TNO to jump classes.

To an extent, yes. But I don't think they ever intended to break the ruleset as much as came about, by making this bizarre mishmash of the dual and multi-classing rulesets. He can jump classes, but each class is supposed to be that class mostly according to 2nd Ed. rules, not a bizarre hybrid that allows level 3 mages to go around doing 3.5 attacks per round with a THACO of 5.

You bring up daggers but you forget something, the THAC0 with a dagger IS different that the THAC0 with a bow ... when using a bow its not STR that gives the bonus to THAC0 but DEX, I am talking of the BASE THAC0 and not the MODIFIED THAC0 that exists after ALL bonus AND penalties are applied to it.

Um. Whut? How did bows come up? My point was, how can you argue that THACO is a natural ability that can never be lost, when you can't even pick up a -hammer- when you switch to mage? Not a bow. A hammer. Both strength based. TNO can't even pick up a bow as a fighter.

A kensai-mage's THACO... yes, his BASE THACO... with a hammer is non-existent. He can't even swing one. Why? What rationale do you have that can explain this naturalness of THACO that means he can never forget how to stab with a dagger, but becomes completely unable to hold a hammer when he's a thief? It's totally inconsistent.

Honestly ... the fighter in PS:T sucked even more that it usually did 2nd ed. AD&D because of how the fighter is depended on equipment and what the game did was restrict equipment ... armor? swords? bows? shields?

Fighters aren't the only ones who got nerfed. Mage spells got very much nerfed too. I think it's balanced, or would be if mages didn't get fighter's thaco on top of their spells and very superior AC.

However you are arguing the way to help the fighter is to ... remove one of remaining reason to play as one, THAC0 and that is not helping the class, its just making it even more obsolete.

With the existing rules, it is obsolete. You don't need to play one for even 5 minutes to get all the benefits of it, if you just wait till after Ravel, where you get enough XP to level a low level fighter 5 times in every other conversation.

Now, the only way you're going to be a kickass basher is by playing a fighter and sticking with it. He'll be every bit as good as the kensai-mages in combat were (which was insane), but he won't have the mage AC anymore to go along with it which means he might actually get hurt now. Mages will have their own problems... they'll keep that awesome AC but they will now have to find other ways than daggers to deal good damage.

Also its my opinion ... you are not going to change it

Aw hell, NOW you tell me. I didn't realize you were impervious to facts and reason. Damn, I just wasted that whole post... Aw hell, might as well hit submit anyway... ;)

Qwinn

Disconnected

Scholar
Drakron said:
You've got it backwards. He wants to restrict the fighter's THAC0 advantage to fighters only.

Qwinn

Scholar
RE: the manual discussion, if the support for the HP fix came from the charts in the back, I wouldn't count it for squat. The charts in the back say that fighters only get full hit dice till level 9. That's wrong.

Hell, the chart in the back states that... get this... it takes 4,400,000 xp to be an 18th level thief, and 2,200,000 to be a 20th level thief. Make THAT work. See, you get to 18th level and then every time you kill something you -lose- experience...

But those are obviously cut and paste errors. There's no way the statement in the manual supporting the HP change was a typo:

When the Nameless One gains an experience level higher than three, then he'll start to accrue more hit points (always 1-10 hit points per level)

That's plain english, not numbers in a chart. I think that's pretty clear evidence of intent.

But if that wasn't enough... Chris Avellone agreed unconditionally that it's a bug. That should pretty much put the question to bed, shouldn't it?

Qwinn

trais

Arcane
Patron
From manual:
Your character is different from the other characters in your party. He’s immortal,
that’s one big difference. Another is the way that he gains hit points and spells.
So the hit dices in charts can be right... just not for TNO, but for other party members. But I've no idea if that's the case, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

More from manual:
The Nameless One only gets experience in the class he is currently a member
of — he switches classes by talking to people in the game. Furthermore, he cannot
access any of the other classes’ abilities when he is specializing in one of the classes.
Ok, I'm not D&D specialist, but I'm pretty sure bonus to THAC0 is fighter class specific, and with little good will you could call that an ability.
Other than that, it show us how designers wanted it to be: you can change your class, but you ain't multiclasser. Thus bonuses from different classes shouldn't cummulate, THAC0 included.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom