Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Places your bets: Fallout 4 Metascore

What will be the Fallout 4 Metascore range?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PeachPlumage

Cipher
Dance and then later to the back alley.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Bethestards might overtake Nintenfags as my favorite company insult. Biodrones still in a solid third place.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The metacritic user reviews feel like they're written by Codexians: :incline:

spoiler: because they probably are

i like how you people are all fapping to a completely meaningless slew of score 0 troll reviews probably coming from people who havent actually even played this game

you really are all a bunch of dumbshits arent you

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

i like how you people are all fapping to a completely meaningless slew of score 0 troll reviews probably coming from people who havent actually even played this game

Half of them are coming from people who haven't played the game, the other half is from /v/-tards who are probably gonna rack up 250 hours each over the next few weeks

cw8

Cipher

Isn't Metacritic some mainstream site that Codexians ignore?
I personally don't care about it and the ratings. Hilarious still to see those negative user reviews from such a site.

msxyz

Augur
I'm following the drama on other forums as well and most of the Bethesda defense force droids are now blaming the old Fallout 1,2 fans for writing bad reviews on Metacritic. :lol:

The irony is that it seems to me the the harshest critics come from people who know the Fallout franchise starting from the third one, not from the oldtimers (who probably have already written off FO4 as a total fail and they're not even bothering with it).

Anyway, despite the plummeting scores, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that FO4 is still named for a GOTY award... :argh: Whores gonna whore till the end.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Isn't Metacritic some mainstream site that Codexians ignore?
I personally don't care about it and the ratings. Hilarious still to see those negative user reviews from such a site.
While there's no reason to care about the ratings on metacritic when deciding whether to play a game or not, you can't deny the massive influence the site has on the gaming market, and thus on what games are likely to get made. If :incline: games get good metacritic scores and :decline: games get bad scores, there will likely be more incline in the future.

Doktor Best

Arcane
If someone had told me a week ago that the user score of fallout4 would plummet below risen3 i probably wouldnt have believed them

Cadmus

Arcane
Game is shit, haven't played it, not gonna play it. You people really come off as gigantic hypocritical retards, all of a sudden happy that this piece of shit is getting shit reviews on the retarded metacritic from random idiots whose opinion means nothing and is not supported by anything at all. Most of it is just trolling, giving the game 0/10 to fight the journos or just to sink the game for fun.

When AoD gets retarded metacritic user scores, you say they're retards, when F4 gets them, you cheer for them. Stupid wankers.
I hope the game tanks and everybody at Beth gets aids but I'm not going to fucking buy the game for 2 hours just to shit on it on Steam or in Metacritic. Metacritic is shit and you shouldn't be supporting it in any way.

Secondly, while it's great to see the idiot journos give it a bit worse scores, they are still uneducated lazy and corrupt assholes whose opinion means nothing to the end user so fuck them. They can't criticize the game in any meaningful way. The reason why it's great to see them shit on F4 (just a little at least) is that they are the voice of the retarded mainstream opinion and a voice that is heard by the retards at Beth. Of course they are only second after MONEY so if game sells, nobody ever is going to give a shit about those useless reviews. Basically, it's like even the most demented parkinsons patients not liking your product - this could send some sort of a message to Beth.

Black

Arcane
Guy, there's a huge difference between AoD getting bad reviews from normalfags and another hyped up AAAAA game with millions in pr and marketing getting bad reviews.

Cadmus

Arcane
Guy, there's a huge difference between AoD getting bad reviews from normalfags and another hyped up AAAAA game with millions in pr and marketing getting bad reviews.
The only reason a review is any good is if its contents are well reasoned and the score reflects that. If a game gets 0/10 because LOL BETHESDA USE GAMEBRYO it's not really worth anything, is it?
0/10 is for those reviews "I literally can't play the game because it doesn't work" of which I admit there are a few.
If you read through those reviews, most of the 0/10 are dishonest and based on just pointing out where the game sucks.
I haven't played the game but to me it looks like an incredibly retarded and boring shooter so I'd assume it would be like 3/10 or something because there are games like Gone Home which deserve 0, not this.

If you review stuff with this logic like the journos where the score doesn't mean anything at all, the reviews become worthless. 95 from IGN because the game is God. - this is bullshit, 70 from destructoid or wtf - this is still way too much, it should be 50 or something with what it actually says in the review.

Black

Arcane
Nobody's saying that metacritic user reviews suddenly are good, people are laughing because even normalfags don't like fo4 and are voicing it.

Cadmus

Arcane
Nobody's saying that metacritic user reviews suddenly are good, people are laughing because even normalfags don't like fo4 and are voicing it.
Those are not normalfags, just read that shit, dude. Normalfags are those 450 000 users currently playing the game and yelling PLEASE STOP WITH THE HATE.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I do find it interesting that user scores in metacritic often "catch" the truth. Good examples are DA:I and FO4 now. Also Simcity (the last one). They are not indicative of the game's quality necessarily but they do show when "reviews" are biased and far from the truth.

Turjan

Arcane
While there's no reason to care about the ratings on metacritic when deciding whether to play a game or not, you can't deny the massive influence the site has on the gaming market, and thus on what games are likely to get made. If :incline: games get good metacritic scores and :decline: games get bad scores, there will likely be more incline in the future.
I don't think that lots of obvious troll reviews have any impact at all. Why would a publisher pay any attention to that. They may adjust their marketing strategy somewhat, but that's about it. It even went so far that quite a few of the more casual people that I know nowadays dismiss bad Metacritic user reviews as pure trolling.
Lots of lackluster middle-of-the-road reviews would probably be more effective. Lots of returned Steam purchases would definitely speak clearly, but is there any indication that that happens?

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
So who are they? Codex/NMA sekrit agents? Raids from chans?
I don't consider somebody who posts something like this:
This game had one amazing feature that died on release: The largest and most expensive marketing campaign as of late. Outside of that it is a sub par creation unworthy of the reputation of Bethesda.

As far as role-playing goes, there are only 3 types of human bad guys, with one of the types optional. You can't be a bad person in this game until the end. I won't spoiler the ending, but the game holds your hand until you make a mass effect like decision at the very end, and it only affects what reward video you see. The game also forces you to acquire a dog, you can get rid of him by telling him to stay. The feature promoted at E3 if you have one of the 1000 names, every npc will call you by that name. Unfortunately, only one NPC (the mr.handy at the beginning) will actually say your name.) In addition, Bethesda ensured to give profanities priority over actual names. You can be called **** **** you name it, but "Kyle"? Nope.

The powerarmor is one of the few assets that's fun. Unfortunately, the worth of powerarmor is hugely diminished by the ability to acquire it (if you go raider hunting) from near the beginning of the game and wear it. In addition, the game is too short that once you get it in the main quest about 3 hours later, you are almost finished with the game. The jetpack also breaks the game. NPCs can not respond to you when you are above them. They won't run into cover, or try to reach you, unless they are at the same ground level as you.

The legendary items are stupid gimmicks. There is a double barrel shotgun that you never have to reload. Item customization isn't really that much better. Its nice that you can change style of play... but you will end up using the same mods over and over again, because they actually make a real and heavy change.

The wasteland construction also really serves no point. You can make nice structures, but you have a base already given to you, and you need its utility. Its a utility that can not be replicated. Therefore, you can build around your already established base, but nothing will attack it because its a protected area where no hostile will spawn.

The voice acting is also annoying and have kirks. The characters are one dimensional, and serve only one purpose. There is little or no character development in this game. They also sandbox terribly, run into walls, and overall be buggy. You can't kill the characters unless they are the only one of the three types I mentioned before. Therefore, if a character is never bad... they are invincible. You can't do mass murder sprees and wipe out towns like you use to.

Overall... This is a game in a sandbox that has a track. You can play in the sandbox a little with exploring and building creation, but other then that it doesn't serve its purpose as a fallout game. You can't play in the sandbox in protected areas like towns, the main base (you can build around there though), and places where the story take place. Other then being in the sandbox, its like being in an amusement park ride.

The graphics requirements for this game are too high for what it offers. It just looks bland, and some structures look absolutely low res, even on ultra. View distance has been noticeably slashed from previous games. For the graphics fidelity promised, its disappointing

or this:
This game is a garbage cash in. It's like they didn't play New Vegas or try to improve anything, just reskinned FO3, added some more modern elements like the dialogue wheel (which is terrible) and called it a new game.

It's full of bugs, the UI is horrible, the graphics are poor, the RPG elements don't exist. It's just a bad FPS games now. Don't buy this game! Buy Fallout New Vegas complete edition for 4.99 instead

a normalfag. The first one makes too much sense and the second one is too harsh and doesn't reflect the reality of what "normalfags" believe. I don't think they're raids or anything, more like a bit more critical fans, even though I'm sure that /v/ or whatever is fully capable of raiding the reviews and writing a few thousands of reviews just for the lulz so I might be totally wrong.

This sounds more like a normalfag:
Fallout 4 is one of the most anticipated games for 2015 and it simply delivers when it comes to game play and story. Graphics and new mechanics have been vastly upgraded and the game overall has a polished feel to it. If you are a fan of the Fallout franchise then this is a must have. For people one the fence it would be a strong recommendation to try. Made by Bathesda, well known for a hit series of games. I could plainly see that Fallout 4 was made with a high level or attention to detail and built around a strong foundation and reputation.

Basically, from my understanding of a normalfag and a negative review, I'd need to see some of those dreamy-eyed hopes be destroyed and reasoned in the review. If it just says "game is shit" it's not within the norm of everybody buying and playing it.

Black

Arcane
Isn't that a no true Scotsman? "They can't be normalfags because they make sense and dislike the game".

Turjan

Arcane
This sounds more like a normalfag:
Fallout 4 is one of the most anticipated games for 2015 and it simply delivers when it comes to game play and story. Graphics and new mechanics have been vastly upgraded and the game overall has a polished feel to it. If you are a fan of the Fallout franchise then this is a must have. For people one the fence it would be a strong recommendation to try. Made by Bathesda, well known for a hit series of games. I could plainly see that Fallout 4 was made with a high level or attention to detail and built around a strong foundation and reputation.
Too many marketing buzzwords. This actually reads like a hired plant.

"one of the most anticipated games"
"well known for a hit series of games"
"built around a strong foundation and reputation"

Who talks like that?

Last edited:

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Those are not normalfags, just read that shit, dude. Normalfags are those 450 000 users currently playing the game and yelling PLEASE STOP WITH THE HATE.
There are only 200k users playing anymore at the moment :smug:

Cadmus

Arcane
Isn't that a no true Scotsman? "They can't be normalfags because they make sense and dislike the game".
Maybe a little bit, yes. My idea is that a normalfag would be somebody who loves the game, posts retarded shit like the entirety of /r/fo4 and so when they review the game negatively, it would be something like "omg I was so hyped for this game, I love bethesda, I'm so immersed but I wish the dialogues were a bit better and they didn't delete skills so for this reason I must give it a 7/10"
instead of a random person on metacritic saying "fuck this gay earth, this fucking shit game is bugged to hell and the shooting is the only good part 0/10"

I don't know the definition of normalfag that you probably know from some 4chan so maybe I'm totally wrong and all those normalfags shitting on the game on metacritic are legit.

Black

Arcane
My definition of a normalfag is someone who plays every "accessible" and hyped AAA trash that comes out, often participating in filth like pre-orders and CEs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom